Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 08-05-2012, 12:50 PM

Mein Auto: X3 28i
"car has been released to carrier…"

Hi: Wondering if anyone knows what "the vehicle has been released to a carrier and is awaiting transportation to port of exit" means. I assume its finished. Does that mean its on a train or truck to the dealer? How long does this stage of the process usually take. It started showing up as this status on the 800# yesterday. Dealer is in the Milwaukee area. Hoping it doesn't take longer than a week as next Saturday would be a great day to drive it home!
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X5M, 13 x6 5.0 soon
Means car is awaiting transport on a truck most likely, should not be long now.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:43 PM
SD_Bimmer

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 , 2008 328i Sedan
That was posted on my page until my X3 arrived at the dealer. The web page is pretty useless to gauge delivery.