Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2012, 03:33 PM

Mein Auto: 91' e34 535i
e34 535i Not getting any heat

Hello, thanks in advance for those who help.

I currently receive very little heat at idle, perhaps barely 60 degrees in the cabin while outside is 40 degrees or under.

Heres the info:
Heater valves seem to be working, I can twist the nobs from cold to full heat and hear and th valves pop open and close.

I do wake up in the morning to my windows being steamed up, but no smell of coolant, that or any sort of greasy condensation, its just water. This past summer while cleaning my car I did experience a slight water leak in my back window, but with that said I live in the Northwest and its currently the rainy season and the rear window shows no signs of leaking, but that obviously doesn't mean moisture can still get in, or out?

I did a micro filter change, which was quick and easy, but I did encounter lots of moisture in there as well, not physically on the filter but within the dash.

This all is pointing towards a bad heater core I feel..

The auxiliary pump could be corn, but I wont know til I get a meter to see if its doing anything. But being that most cars never used Aux pumps to begin with and have no problem heating up the cabin, this all has me thinking.

Thanks again.
Advertisement