Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '07 650i
Mobility kit for X-mas

The wife dropped the mobility kit on me. After I put all the pieces in their proper holes in the trunk, I noticed that the book of books (owners manuals) fits very nicely inside the mobility kit's bag (BMW zipper case) and the case fits in the indentation on the right side of the trunk. Plus it has a rubber bottom so it will be less likely to jump out on a hard right turn.

Thank honey!
HUD, Comfort Access

Ads by Google
Old 12-28-2012, 07:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
That is great!

That is where I keep my manual book, plus it is stuffed with all the service receipts and the other BMW books that came with the car. It always stays firmly planted in that recess and I love to drive with both levels of traction control disabled. The partial and the full, so I am sliding through some intersections with abandon. Yet it never moves?
Old 12-28-2012, 09:11 AM

Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
Nice present to get. I was just looking at my tyres today, they are definitely due a change soon. So the big decision now comes on whether to ditch the runflats or not.
I was thinking of getting the mobility kit or the space saver set up if I do. An e60 one came up for same for 150 on another local forum, it was unused. The mobility kit has the advantage of not taking up as much room. I already have Michelin air compressor & a tyre plug set but the OEM kit is tempting given what you have said about the fitment in the service manual cubby hole.
I'm looking at getting a premium brand tyre but I want to have the same brand/pattern on all four wheels. I think the choice is limited enough though.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:32 PM

Mein Auto: '07 650i
Many on this site have gone non-RF and will never look back. Myself included. Completely different ride. I went with Hankook v-12's.
HUD, Comfort Access

Old 12-28-2012, 09:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulchman View Post
Many on this site have gone non-RF and will never look back. Myself included. Completely different ride. I went with Hankook v-12's.
+1 on the NRFs. Also went with Hankook V12 but I might not choose them again. Very soft rubber and they feel every bump. A friend with them on an M6 says the same thing.

Not a terrible choice but makes you wonder about the feel with other tires. Frankly, they are a great deal. That said it is a whole new car with NRFs.

I have the donut spare kit but I only put it in when I'm on a long trip, not around town.

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Old 12-29-2012, 06:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650 vert
+2 on NRF tires for better ride. I run michellin super sports and keep the donut spare in the trunk most of the time. Haven't had to use it though (knock on wood). Don't know if it was bad luck or what, but I picked up screws/nails twice in the first four months when I was running the stock RFT's - switched out to the NRF michellins and haven't picked up a screw or nail or had any other flat since then (almost two years now).

'07 650i vert, beige/jet black, sports & cold weather pkgs, comfort access, premium sound, sat radio, Miro M6 wheels (with non-RFT super sports), M6 spare tire, tint, windscreen, triple resonator delete, 5W bulbs, corner bulb delete and m-tec fogs
'11 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment pkg for the family - no mod's
Old 12-29-2012, 07:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
I replaced my Run Flats, with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS. They have very good pricing, & ride is a lot smoother! The price is very competitive compared other brands! Quite a few members here love their tires. I actually get less flats now?

Good Luck

Last edited by HerbP; 12-29-2012 at 08:00 PM.