Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 650i Coupe
Sorry fellas, I'm going Italian.

Guys, It's been a great 32 year blast in BMW's ending with the 6 being my favorite of all.

I've finished restoring the last of my classics this year and I'm out of space to put cars.
I want to move into something a little different and I've had my eye on one of these for a few years and decided it's time while I can...
Click image for larger version

Name:	ferrari348.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	354996
My 2005 645Ci Vert is for sale in the classifieds if anyone is intersted.

I'm not sure what to make of the Ferrari crowd yet. If they end up being too snobby, I'll be back with an M6 Coupe (Another one of those I'd love to have)

The BMW crew has always been the best ever...PERIOD!

I'll keep lurking and jump in from time to time just to say Hi and maybe rememebr a few things about tthe 6 to help out.

Taz
Advertisement
Old 12-28-2012, 03:36 PM

Mein Auto: Cars
Wow...sad to see you go Taz.

Did you pick up the Ferrari yet? Awesome car
Old 12-28-2012, 04:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Sweet! You are my hero if you get a Ferrari

The picture is a 348, I am sure you are aware of the engine out service requirement? Even the 355 has the same issue I believe. You have to go to the 360 starting in 1999 to get a car that can be serviced with the engine in.

As much as I would want a Ferrari I know that I cannot stomach the overall maintenance costs. But since you are good at working on cars yourself (I am pretty good shady tree mechanic, I just don't want to anymore) you should be fine. Good luck, I am envious!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
That looks sweet! I was wondering where you have been hiding lately? Good luck with the new ride, & take care!

Herb
Old 12-29-2012, 12:53 AM

Mein Auto: '04 M3 / '06 650i Cab
Very cool Wes. I think the sound alone is worth the price of admission.

Be sure to post pics and don't be a stranger.
'02 Highlander - kid hauler
'01 330Ci - winter beater

Old 12-29-2012, 06:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650 vert
Sweet ride Wes!! Enjoy the sexy sports car! Congratulations and feel free to drop in anytime. Happy new year!

'07 650i vert, beige/jet black, sports & cold weather pkgs, comfort access, logic 7, sat radio, Miro M6 wheels (with Michelin super sports), M6 spare tire, tint, windscreen, triple resonator delete, m-tec v3 AE's bulbs, corner bulb delete and m-tec fogs
'11 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment pkg for wife - no mod's '04 Acura TSX (daughter) and '12 VW GTI - Autobahn (son)
Old 12-31-2012, 03:08 AM

Mein Auto: '07 650i
Sweet ride! Good luck. My friend has a 328. I couldn't handle the price of oil changes.
HUD, Comfort Access

Old 01-01-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamark View Post
Sweet! You are my hero if you get a Ferrari

The picture is a 348, I am sure you are aware of the engine out service requirement?
"Jeff Spicoli: Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it. "

Good eye Mark.
I have no problems pulling the motor. I've always wanted a car and tranny lift. The only things stopping me so far is the AC. It has to be evacuated and refilled each time and it takes R-12.
I have 3 R-12 classics and one has an evap leak. I can still get the evaporator, not sure about the R-12 and I don't want to convert it as the car value would drop. I can convert the 348 to R-134 but do I really want the AC equipment. So I'm still researching. I might end up with a later model Spyder.

Mulchman, Oil and filter are about the same as the 6. It is a dry sump system so no real big issue to do it yourself.
I just knew I bought those 2 gallons of Redline for something, now I know what.

Thanks all. I'll keep in touch with progress.
Sorry I haven't been very active lately, sometimes life gets in the way of toys.
Taz

Last edited by TxTaz; 01-01-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:48 PM
06 BMW 650i Sprt/Prem Pkg

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i e64
Good luck...
Italian engineering over German though..... ?

2006 BMW 650i Sport/Premium Package
+ Various Mods & Upgrades
Old 01-01-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coug60 View Post
Good luck...
Italian engineering over German though..... ?
Yep. I did say I was trying something different though.

I know, BMW has always been one of the very best at mechanical engineering.

However...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Anyone know how to say Taz in Italian?

BTW, The M6 is looking a whole lot better if you consider the "working on it" to driving ratio.
The jury is still out...
Old 01-02-2013, 08:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTaz View Post
"Jeff Spicoli: Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it. "

Good eye Mark.
I have no problems pulling the motor. I've always wanted a car and tranny lift. The only things stopping me so far is the AC. It has to be evacuated and refilled each time and it takes R-12.
I have 3 R-12 classics and one has an evap leak. I can still get the evaporator, not sure about the R-12 and I don't want to convert it as the car value would drop. I can convert the 348 to R-134 but do I really want the AC equipment. So I'm still researching. I might end up with a later model Spyder.

Taz
Too funny! I looked at the 348TS extensively at one point, it is attractive since the pricing is so right. Picking up a Ferrari for $38k-$54k just seems like a no brainer. Then I started reading about maintenance on the Ferrari forums and the desire faded away...

Let us know when or if you get one!