Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:31 AM

Mein Auto: 335 Sport X Drive
Disable seat belt chime?

I did a quick search but not finding anything F30 specific.

Will a dealer disable the chime? Any way to do it myself?
Advertisement
Old 12-29-2012, 07:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Isn't it easier to just fasten your seat belts?

Plus, it's much safer too...
Old 12-29-2012, 07:48 AM

Awww geeez.....was hoping against hope for that response ....happens every time.

I'll start another thread for people to lecture me, but thanks in advance for any help with my original question if anyone happens to know...
Old 12-29-2012, 08:01 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Willy View Post
Awww geeez.....was hoping against hope for that response ....happens every time.

I'll start another thread for people to lecture me, but thanks in advance for any help with my original question if anyone happens to know...
Sorry, I have 2 teenagers that just started to drive. Plus, all their friends are driving now too.

I basically have drilled into their heads all their lives that they must use seat belts all the time, every time, period. No excuses.

Why would you want to disable it anyway?
Old 12-29-2012, 08:13 AM

I do appraisals and need to get in and out of the car sometimes multiple times in tract neighborhoods to take pictures or grab flyers from listings. I also live in a tiny town where I can run to the store or multiple restaurants under a mile away with a 25 mph speed limit...(yes we walk/ride bikes when weather permits) .....I am all for wearing seat belts....I am not 'anti seat belt'....there are a few scenarios where I just don't feel the need
Old 12-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Leave gun. Take Canoli.

Mein Auto: 435, Grand Cherokee
I have never seen anyone come up with a way to disable it. You may be stuck. The only other way is to fasten seatbelt behind you although that is kind of annoying and uncomfortable. Or by just the seatbelt fastener part and have a detached from the seatbelt itself and stick that into the slot.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:53 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i
It can be disabled via coding. Check out the coding forum.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
I do appraisals and need to get in and out of the car sometimes multiple times in tract neighborhoods to take pictures or grab flyers from listings. I also live in a tiny town where I can run to the store or multiple restaurants under a mile away with a 25 mph speed limit...(yes we walk/ride bikes when weather permits) .....I am all for wearing seat belts....I am not 'anti seat belt'....there are a few scenarios where I just don't feel the need
It's just not that much of an inconvenience. Just buckle up please. It takes 2 seconds.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 528i
Or . . . sit on it.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:09 PM
OOO

Mein Auto: E90 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogmanF30 View Post
It can be disabled via coding. Check out the coding forum.
what he said.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:

Wake up, its there for a very very good reason.
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 12-29-2012, 06:57 PM
only one screen name

Send a message via AIM to obmd1
Mein Auto: '14 X5 35D
Buckle the belt before you sit down. Uncomfortable? Good. You wanted convenient, not comfortable. Besides, you said you're in and out of the car when you aren't buckled so it shouldn't be too much discomfort. Be prepared to get a nice donkey punch from the airbag without your belt when you do get in a slow speed accident though.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: E70 X5/E60 528i
Just get it coded or buy the clip as easy as that...I have mine coded and I find myself wearing the seat belt at all times now...go figure.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:14 PM
¡Viva España!

Mein Auto: 12 X5/ 08 335i
I would recommend wearing it the way people drive in this country.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-BMW-Raci...cb6dc9&vxp=mtr

Last edited by ZuerstBMW; 12-29-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:27 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
I would like to know this also. I always buckle my belt, but when I take my dog anywhere be it the park or to visit my folks, which is a 90 mile drive, the seat belt chime keeps on bothering me. He's a 2 year old pug weighs about 20 lbs so he triggers the sensor. The chime stops in around 5 minutes, and he usually sleeps when we go to my folks but when he shifts his weight the sensor gets re-triggered or something and then it starts with the chiming again. It's pretty annoying.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 PM

Do all you guys buckle your seat belts when you are on your motorcycles? Do your kids have seat belts on their school bus?

I'm not going to sit on it or buckle it behind me....more pain than buckling.....I guess I just have a death wish. Just let me die in peace.

Thanks for the coding tip those who actually answered my question.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 Lexus ES 350
Cut it, and place clip into buckle. Atleast it will register that your always using it when in fact you are traveling comfortably.

Delivered!! Order in June 22, 2012. PCD, 2013 335i xDrive Sedan, Mineral Grey Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum with Black Highlight Trim, Black Leatherette w/Red Highlight, Dynamic Handling Package, Tech Package, Sport Transmission w/ Paddle Shifter, Rearview Camera, Park Distance Control, Htd Front Seats & HK Audio.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:13 PM

I'm not anti seat belt...I don't want to get rid of the restraints....I use seat belts.

If it is 8 degrees like this morning and I want to drive .6 miles to coffee in a 25 MPH speed limit with no seat belt I would prefer there be no chime.

If I am going to take the time to put a buckle in the clip, it will be the one attached to the seat belt.

Next thing you know you guys are going to start telling me to eat right and exercise....be nice to my mom....help old ladies across the street.

Let me change my original question:

Does anybody know how to switch the seat belt chime to play "100 bottles of beer on the wall" instead of the OEM chime?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquilax View Post
I would like to know this also. I always buckle my belt, but when I take my dog anywhere be it the park or to visit my folks, which is a 90 mile drive, the seat belt chime keeps on bothering me. He's a 2 year old pug weighs about 20 lbs so he triggers the sensor. The chime stops in around 5 minutes, and he usually sleeps when we go to my folks but when he shifts his weight the sensor gets re-triggered or something and then it starts with the chiming again. It's pretty annoying.
Behold the mighty Esquilax!! The horse with the head of a rabbit.....and the body....of a rabbit

LMAO - great user name

Last edited by Slick Willy; 01-04-2013 at 03:34 PM. Reason: just cuz I messed up
Old 01-04-2013, 03:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 328i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquilax View Post
You can do what raleedy said. Put the seat belt and have the dog sit on it.

That won't help slick willy, though.

2015 328i / M Sport / Alpine White / Coral Red / 4 DR / 6 MT / Rear Camera + PDC / Xenons / DHP / 2K+ Miles / Bought 10-30-2014
Previous Cars