Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530i 5spd Manual
Buyind advise; 2008 X3 & HID's

Hey guys, I found a CPO '08 X3 with like 37k miles. White/tan which is what we want. It's a base model I believe b/c it does NOT have HID headlights. That's a huge issue for me.... IIRC it just has reflector housings making a HID conversion even harder. HID's are big sticking point for me. To the point where I will pass on the car depending on how hard a HID conversion is. And I perfer factory HID's. I've done conversions... boxes, the HID computer trickster boxes etc. PITA. Thoughts? They are asking $25,888.

Here is the link to the car:
http://www.fieldsbmwlakeland.com/cer...623df35c58.htm

Currently my wife has a '08 C300 Auto with 43k miles. Grey/Blk mint condition. It's a very safe car but it drives like a ho-hum vehicle. Not BMW driving. I looked at a 535i E60, '08, and it's too big for her to drive. She's 5'-00". She can't even drive a camry... hence one reason we were down to a 3 series or C class. We have a 6 month old baby now and the "stuff" if you want to call it that for traveling is crazy. That C class got small in a hurry. And the kid is going into a toddler car seat in about 2 months and they are monsters. So we have 2 items working against the C300. 1- It's getting smaller by the day. 2- It does not drive like a BMW. But it still was a better choice at the time vs the E90 3 series. Safety and size wise.

Garage queen: '07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, staggered 18" 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Llumar ATR Tint.

Last edited by FLE39; 12-29-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Advertisement