Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 04-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Gadget freak

Mein Auto: .02.330i.aw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisL View Post
The edge of the 420B wiper doesn't touch the windshield when it's in the rest position (due to the curvature of the windshield). The 419B does. Either is fine, really... 420B will just give you an additional 1/2 inch of swipe on each side.
Thank you for another great tip, Kris! I'm going to get it done sometime this weekend!
Old 04-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Electric Red '02 330CiC
Today, I went to a local parts store (Advanced Auto Parts) and got the Icons. I have an '02
330ci cabrio and the 422B fit perfectly on the drivers side and the 419B fit about as good as you can get it on the passenger's side. I could have gone with a 420B (it's an inch longer) on the passenger's side but, like somebody else mentioned in this thread, you only get about another 1/2" of coverage because even with the 419B, the blade begins to lift off the windshield at the end tip. So, what you're probably going to get with the 420B (as apposed to the the 419B0) is maybe another 1/2" of covereage but alot of smearing.

I doubt that BMW changed anything over time for the E46 with respect to the wipers (I haven't found anything anyway). So, what I described above should hold true for all E46's. What was really good about going to a brick'n mortar auto parts store was that they brought the wipers out to may car and fitted them. I probably paid a few bucks more than online (I paid $31 for everything) but it all worked out great.

Hopes this helps others,

Tom

"Send lawyers, guns and money/The sh*t has hit the fan"
Old 06-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topshelf View Post
Did you remove the little plastic piece on the drivers side towards the bottom that holds the factory blade in place? If not, just know that if your wiper starts missing a big section in the middle, take that piece out. It was causing all kinds of problems on mine, but I didn't know what the problems was until I found that.

Does removing the plastic piece cause the blade to not make good/consistent contact with the windshield? I just bought a set of these and have wondered how necessary that piece is.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:00 PM

Mein Auto: 330Cic
The letter designates the type of connector on the wiper. Hook-slot connector, Pin-type arm, Straight-end connector, etc. That is why most of us here use the A type... Same cars. At least in the current models. E46, E9X's and so on.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by N0Roof330Cic View Post
The letter designates the type of connector on the wiper. Hook-slot connector, Pin-type arm, Straight-end connector, etc. That is why most of us here use the A type... Same cars. At least in the current models. E46, E9X's and so on.
Your new screen name is "Gravedigger"....

(you`re responding to a thread that`s been dead for nearly *five years*)

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 10-08-2012, 04:29 PM

Yep, and now that the new wiperless car has been invented no one ever needs to worry about windshield wipers anymore, YAHOO!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 325CiC
Wipers for 2006 325 CiC (E46)

I am a relatively new owner of a 2006 325 CiC (E46) - will the Bosch ICON 422B/419B fits my car? Anybody else find any other Brand/Model (i.e. Michelin/Rain-X) that will fit?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:50 AM

Yo Cajie,

I am not sure of the numbers but do know the Icons work. I took the ones off my Subaru and put them on the Wife's BMW. I threw out the boxes but can look at my orders to see the numbers in the next couple of days. But as long as you get the right length they will work. I think I used a 22 when it called for a 23 or something like that, but it is not a problem. And the sleek look of the icons is nice.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Yo Cajie,

I am not sure of the numbers but do know the Icons work. I took the ones off my Subaru and put them on the Wife's BMW. I threw out the boxes but can look at my orders to see the numbers in the next couple of days. But as long as you get the right length they will work. I think I used a 22 when it called for a 23 or something like that, but it is not a problem. And the sleek look of the icons is nice.
Thanks for prompt reply - I was mainly concerned with the mount (size of the J Hook) of the ICON's. I did a fit test with a Michelin Hybrid Stealth (that the Michelin website claims will fit) and unfortunately, these did not fit - the size of the J Hook was incompatible...
Old 01-10-2013, 03:23 PM

Bosch Icons

These are the ones I have for my car, so the length is not right, but the attachment works.
Bosch 18A ICON Wiper Blade, 18"
Bosch 24A ICON Wiper Blade, 24"
Old 01-11-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
These are the ones I have for my car, so the length is not right, but the attachment works.
Bosch 18A ICON Wiper Blade, 18"
Bosch 24A ICON Wiper Blade, 24"
Thanks for info!