Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E24 (1976 - 1989)

E24 (1976 - 1989)
The BMW 6 Series (E24) was the first variant of the 6 series produced by BMW from 1976 through 1989.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:49 PM

Mein Auto: e39 530i e24 e23 e30
Parting out whole 1984 US 633csi + 5 speed conversion kit

Parting out whole 1984 US 633csi + 5 speed conversion kit
Hi all, I put an ad in the parts car section and I haven't gotten any inquires.

Seeing the number of WTB posts in this section I figure I might be able to help a some fellow enthusiasts out

This is a COMPLETE e24, was running and driving when parked. It is an US market arktisblau manual with 190k on the clock.

The interior is tan and in fairly rough shape, the front seats and dash are very cracked. Most of the electronics, however, work and all switches and plastic pieces are present. The body, with the exception of the passenger side rear quarter and drivers door is straight with no filler. The paint is bad so you will have to repaint any body panels. The grilles and trim are present, and the car has a full 8:1 m30b34 and complete drive train and suspension.

When I get the time, I will pull all the necessary components for a manual swap, couple it with a metric mechanic rebuilt getrag 260/5 5 speed, and sell it as a complete manual swap kit. This transmission swap is very desirable for a bmw of this era and would be perfect in an e23, e24, or e28. Metric mechanic is renowned for the quality of their work and this transmission is superior to a normal 260 in both performance and reliability. Also included are brand new transmission mounts and a brand new clutch plate. If you are interested in this message me and I can pull the components and have them ready for you in a very timely manner.

As stated before, this is a complete e24. Prices for parts will be agreed mutually and I will look up what the particular item commonly goes for as a baseline. I can send pictures and test all items to verify that they are functional (if possible). If you have any questions about the availability of a part i encourage you to pm me. I would like to think that I am a fairly good person to work with. I am located in Austin, Texas and will give discounts for local pickup.

Items available include:
All body panels
Fully functional motorized mirrors
Exterior trim items (grilles, side moldings, door handles, ect.)
Lights (headlights, tails, side markers, ect)
US bumpers.
All parts from an 8:1 m30b34
All interior switches.
Pre airbag steering wheel.
Fully functional gauge cluster.
Seat motors.
All interior trim, door handles, plastic pieces.
Window regulators.
All glass in the car is crack and chip free.
Suspension components.
Rear bucket seats are in fair condition.
Fuel pump works great.
Everything else.

As stated this is a full car, so I have everything. Thank you for looking, and good luck with your bmw

Last edited by Stupid Kid; 07-12-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Not addicted... OBSESSED!

Send a message via Yahoo to R2dmax
Mein Auto: 99 528it/5 S; 88 735il
The suspension, is it OEM, or upgraded? CAn you send pics of the car? this sounds like mine exactly.. What about seats? Feel free to email directly rlreynoldsjr @ yahoo dot com

e39 528iT/5 M-Sport - 17x8 and 17x9 M-Sport staggered; 20% tint. Soon to come: I.C.E; Haaman front lip; Carbon fiber grills, etc...

psst... Into Euros? Live in the Carolinas? check out CarolinaEuros
Old 08-10-2012, 10:05 AM

Any more info? Still interested

e39 528iT/5 M-Sport - 17x8 and 17x9 M-Sport staggered; 20% tint. Soon to come: I.C.E; Haaman front lip; Carbon fiber grills, etc...

Old 08-14-2012, 10:44 AM

Mein Auto: 1984 633csi
1984 633csi whole car

Please provide your contact phone number so we can talk directly. Sam

sam@jps-online.com
678-576-2191 Cell
Old 08-14-2012, 01:07 PM

PM Sent

Old 08-28-2012, 06:54 PM

Mein Auto: e39 530i e24 e23 e30
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2dmax View Post
PM Sent
I tried emailing you at that address but got a unable to send message from my provider, gmail.

The email I was attempting to sent read
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Hi, thanks for your interest.
Unfortunately the suspension has been, if anything, downgraded, it's got generic springs and some oem "replacement" shocks that are pretty worn. however, I can definitely provide non wear suspension components. As far as the seats go, the leather is trashed on the fronts but the back buckets are good, If you are interested in them. I believe that all of the motors on the passenger seat work with the exception of the headrest (of course), I think the drivers seat is in similar order but Its been pulled from the car and is sitting in the garage. If you are interested in pictures just let me know of the specific parts you are interested in and I can send you high quality dslr pictures of them. The car as a whole is pretty torn down by this point and isn't much to look at.

Thank you.
Anyways, I am not very active on this is and there does not seem to be a ton of interest either from people on here, so if anyone has any inquires the best way to contact me will be to email me at nerfdooker@gmail.com
Old 12-30-2012, 04:05 AM

Mein Auto: 1986 635csi
I'm interested in the gauge cluster.

Can you please let me know how much you want for it and if possible, can you show me photos?

Thanks!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:23 AM
D'oh, You kids!

Mein Auto: 1995 318is / 1993 325is
His last posting was 4 months ago, he said himself that he is not active on this forum, and the best way to contact him is by email at : nerfdooker@gmail.com

I would strongly suggest sending him an email and not wait for a reply here that may never come.
buying a ratty example (of a BMW) is a parasitic relationship.(and you ain't the mosquito) 7pilot

Ken Kanne, Silverhill, AL, E36 Forum Mod/Craigslist addict/Hoarder of all sorts of stuff
BMW-CCA #441426
1995 318is "Bebe"; 1993 325is "Elvira" 1985 635CSi "Katja" 1984 633CSi "Sylvia"
HAVE I HAD MY MEDS YET?