Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-29-2012, 05:49 PM
curryfizzle curryfizzle is offline
Registered User
Location: VA
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: Subaru
BMW owner to be: Haggle help

Hi Guys. I just started reading this forum a few days ago as I started checking out new 3 series.

I am leaning towards getting the 335xi sedan with M package since I find it the most appealing to me. However, it is very hard to find these in the DC/north east area. I did however find one in the area yesterday with the following options (please see specs they sent met below):

Color B45 Estoril Blue 550.00
Upholstery LCSW Black Dakota Leather N/C
Options
ZCW Cold Weather Package 950.00
ZMM M Sport Line 3,200.00
ZPP Premium Package 2,200.00
ZTP Technology Package 3,100.00
337 M Sport Package N/C
205 STEPTRONIC automatic trans. N/C
508 Park Distance Control 750.00
6AA BMW TeleServices N/C
6AB TeleService Control N/C
6VA CIC contribution N/C
8S4 Variable Light Decoding N/C
Net Total 55,550.00
Destination Charge 895.00
Gas Guzzler Tax N/C
Total Suggested Price 56,445.00

I am a terrible haggler and would appreciate any help I can get to figure out what would be a good OTD price for this particular model. All advice is appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 12-29-2012, 06:18 PM
jacques jacques is offline
Registered User
Location: Maple Glen, PA
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: 330i
Try truecar.com. They have dealers in your area that may be able to give you a decent number. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-29-2012, 06:21 PM
curryfizzle curryfizzle is offline
Registered User
Location: VA
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: Subaru
great thanks I will check out truecar right away.

If you guys can throw out a ball park number what would be considered a good deal if i can some how bargain it, that would be great.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-29-2012, 06:25 PM
normsbimmer normsbimmer is offline
Registered User
Location: LOS ANGELES
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 38
Send a message via ICQ to normsbimmer
Mein Auto: 2012 F30
Go to edmunds get the invoice price with all the invoice options plus destination charge and minus the incentives.

Once you get that price minus 2%for factory holdback . Once you get that price.... You determine how much dealer profit you will want to give them. I usually will offer 1.25% dealer profit.
Now go get em.



Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-29-2012, 06:59 PM
BMW_F1 BMW_F1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northern California (SF Bay Area)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 433
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 535iGT
Some of what normsbimmer said is false. BMW NA does not use a holdback program with the their dealers so don't worry about that. To calculate invoice price use BMWConfig.com . Then add $500-$1000 for dealer profit. Then use that price and subtract any incentives. For BMW FS (lease or finance) that would include a Loyalty Credit ($750)/(current BMW owner or in last year) and the Holiday credit ($1000). If you are paying cash or using non-captive financing only the Loyalty Credit is allowable.
__________________
Current:
2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d- Space Gray-Canberra Beige Dakota Leather-Fineline Oak Wood Trim-ZDA/ZCW/417/4FF/4NB/5DL/688
2013 BMW 535i GT- Neptune Blue-Venetian Beige Dakota Leather-Fineline Matte Wood Trim-ZCW/ZVP/2ST/3AG/416/677

Former BMW's:
2010 BMW X5 xDrive 48i / 2005 BMW X5 30i / 2003 BMW 745Li
2001 BMW X5 30i / 1995 BMW 525i
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-29-2012, 07:01 PM
vonmayr vonmayr is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Tucson AZ
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 121
Mein Auto: 2013 335i Msport sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by curryfizzle View Post
Hi Guys. I just started reading this forum a few days ago as I started checking out new 3 series.

I am leaning towards getting the 335xi sedan with M package since I find it the most appealing to me. However, it is very hard to find these in the DC/north east area. I did however find one in the area yesterday with the following options (please see specs they sent met below):

Color B45 Estoril Blue 550.00
Upholstery LCSW Black Dakota Leather N/C
Options
ZCW Cold Weather Package 950.00
ZMM M Sport Line 3,200.00
ZPP Premium Package 2,200.00
ZTP Technology Package 3,100.00
337 M Sport Package N/C
205 STEPTRONIC automatic trans. N/C
508 Park Distance Control 750.00
6AA BMW TeleServices N/C
6AB TeleService Control N/C
6VA CIC contribution N/C
8S4 Variable Light Decoding N/C
Net Total 55,550.00
Destination Charge 895.00
Gas Guzzler Tax N/C
Total Suggested Price 56,445.00

I am a terrible haggler and would appreciate any help I can get to figure out what would be a good OTD price for this particular model. All advice is appreciated!!!

Plugging this into BMWCONFIG.COM, MSRP = $56445. Invoice = $52080. Good deals in some areas of the country can be had at $300 to $500 over invoice before any incentives (holiday cash, BMW App, loyalty, etc).

Good advice from above - use www.truecar.com to find the average price for your region.

Another good link is http://www.e46fanatics.com/faq/rizzo.html - this is a good method to get your price at a variety of dealerships.

That might not work if the dealer has the only car in the area that meets your needs.

Another useful link is www.cars.com - you can search new BMW inventory within whatever radius you think appropriate to see if there are more cars in the area that meet your needs - that would give you leverage.

Your financial institution might have an in with local dealerships that gets you a no haggle price. Check with them.

Some people hire car buyers to purchase their cars for them. Edmunds has a link
http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/sh...concierge.html

Ask lots of questions. Be ready to say no unless the deal isn't what you want. Decide what you want to pay before you walk in based on all the data you can gather and stick to it.
__________________

Best Regards,
Robert

2013 335i ///M Sport - Estoril Blue/Coral Red - Tech Package- Premium Package - HK Stereo - 6MT
Ordered 12/14/12 - Delivered March 5th 2013
BMWCCA # 471893
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Yobyot's Avatar
Yobyot Yobyot is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 351
Mein Auto: F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by curryfizzle View Post
Hi Guys. I just started reading this forum a few days ago as I started checking out new 3 series.

I am leaning towards getting the 335xi sedan with M package since I find it the most appealing to me. However, it is very hard to find these in the DC/north east area. I did however find one in the area yesterday with the following options (please see specs they sent met below):

Color B45 Estoril Blue 550.00
Upholstery LCSW Black Dakota Leather N/C
Options
ZCW Cold Weather Package 950.00
ZMM M Sport Line 3,200.00
ZPP Premium Package 2,200.00
ZTP Technology Package 3,100.00
337 M Sport Package N/C
205 STEPTRONIC automatic trans. N/C
508 Park Distance Control 750.00
6AA BMW TeleServices N/C
6AB TeleService Control N/C
6VA CIC contribution N/C
8S4 Variable Light Decoding N/C
Net Total 55,550.00
Destination Charge 895.00
Gas Guzzler Tax N/C
Total Suggested Price 56,445.00

I am a terrible haggler and would appreciate any help I can get to figure out what would be a good OTD price for this particular model. All advice is appreciated!!!
I'd pass -- this unit doesn't have 2TB. It's crazy to have an M Sport package with an AT without 2TB. Shows that the dealer who ordered this car doesn't understand F30s at all.
__________________
MY12 335i ZSL with a deep dive into the options list
Produced: 2012-06-22
ED: 2012-07-19; Arrived in Jersey City: 2012-08-23
Redelivered: 2012-09-12
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-29-2012, 07:15 PM
curryfizzle curryfizzle is offline
Registered User
Location: VA
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: Subaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
I'd pass -- this unit doesn't have 2TB. It's crazy to have an M Sport package with an AT without 2TB. Shows that the dealer who ordered this car doesn't understand F30s at all.
until you pointed that out, I didn't even notice that. I kind of assumed that came standard on M package. Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-29-2012, 07:23 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
If you want to order a car, give Roxanne Rosch of BMW of Rockville a call in Maryland. My family has gotten many cars through her and she is a joy to work with.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-29-2012, 07:34 PM
curryfizzle curryfizzle is offline
Registered User
Location: VA
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: Subaru
I have considered ordering but I feel like that would add a few grand to the total cost? Customization, Freight costs? Any idea how much it was in your experience. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:01 PM
vonmayr vonmayr is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Tucson AZ
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 121
Mein Auto: 2013 335i Msport sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by curryfizzle View Post
I have considered ordering but I feel like that would add a few grand to the total cost? Customization, Freight costs? Any idea how much it was in your experience. Thanks!
Ordering doesn't cost anything extra other than the wait. Some dealers would want to sell a car on the lot instead of ordering, so you MAY be able to get a better deal on a car on their lot (this time of year) - but there is no additional cost to ordering.
__________________

Best Regards,
Robert

2013 335i ///M Sport - Estoril Blue/Coral Red - Tech Package- Premium Package - HK Stereo - 6MT
Ordered 12/14/12 - Delivered March 5th 2013
BMWCCA # 471893
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Zeichen311's Avatar
Zeichen311 Zeichen311 is offline
Lost but making good time
Location: Here, there or in transit
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,472
Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by curryfizzle View Post
I have considered ordering but I feel like that would add a few grand to the total cost? Customization, Freight costs?
Not applicable. There are no extra charges to custom-order a car. The destination charge is the same whether you buy from dealer stock or place an order. The only penalty involved is that you have to wait 5-10 weeks to get your car (depending on where you are in the US and how soon the dealer has an allocation available to assign to your order).

You can sometimes strike a better deal with a dealer who wants to move a particular car out of inventory. A custom order per se incurs no extra charge.

If you can afford the wait, order the car!

Edit: vonmayr's reply wasn't there when I replied. No kidding. Really.
__________________
2011 335xi Individual 6MT - Azurite Black Metallic / Oyster & Black / Anthracite Maple + all the good stuff

   N47 35' 30.13" E11 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA

Last edited by Zeichen311; 12-29-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:42 AM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Not applicable. There are no extra charges to custom-order a car. The destination charge is the same whether you buy from dealer stock or place an order. The only penalty involved is that you have to wait 5-10 weeks to get your car (depending on where you are in the US and how soon the dealer has an allocation available to assign to your order).

You can sometimes strike a better deal with a dealer who wants to move a particular car out of inventory. A custom order per se incurs no extra charge.

If you can afford the wait, order the car!

Edit: vonmayr's reply wasn't there when I replied. No kidding. Really.
Ordered my moms X5, sisters 328 and my M3(All through Roxanne). It's the way to go. If you have any questions, let me know.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:43 AM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,736
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
I'd pass -- this unit doesn't have 2TB. It's crazy to have an M Sport package with an AT without 2TB. Shows that the dealer who ordered this car doesn't understand F30s at all.
Every M sport f30 at my dealer(5+ of them) all don't have 2TB. makes no sense.
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:45 AM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Every M sport f30 at my dealer(5+ of them) all don't have 2TB. makes no sense.
Because the average Joe won't even notice it. The Sport Auto is a must. You can feel the difference.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-30-2012, 02:32 PM
curryfizzle curryfizzle is offline
Registered User
Location: VA
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: Subaru
I am going to another dealership around here tomorrow to possible to finalize a deal on ordering the exact specs i want. I am planning on asking for 53k OTD for the following model and package:

2013 BMW 335xi Estoril Blue
Leather Dakota Black exclusive stitching
Cold Weather Package
M Sport Line
Premium Package
Technology Package
M Sport Package
Dynamic Handling Package
Sport automatic transmission with shift paddles or Manual Transmisson
19" M light alloy wheels Star-spoke style 403 M (not a must)

Let me know what you guys think.

Also, Thanks for all your input so far, really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-30-2012, 06:36 PM
mr29 mr29 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ohio
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 574
Mein Auto: bmw
great thread here very helpful

Sent from my XT557 using Bimmer App
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-31-2012, 02:01 PM
chasfh's Avatar
chasfh chasfh is offline
Playin' With Your Head
Location: 60647
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 344
Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive
Contact a few BMW dealerships and tell them you're going to buy a car in the next couple days, then ask them if they want to send you a price proposal. Then email the details of what you want to them and conduct a bidding process among them. Lowest bid gets your business.
__________________
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

133U | 300 | 8AT | LCSW | ZDH | ZLP | ZPP | ZTP | 494 | 4AB | 508 | 5AC | 688
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-31-2012, 03:02 PM
kpgray's Avatar
kpgray kpgray is offline
328i xDrive Commuter
Location: Rochester, Michigan
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 398
Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by curryfizzle View Post
I am going to another dealership around here tomorrow to possible to finalize a deal on ordering the exact specs i want. I am planning on asking for 53k OTD for the following model and package:

2013 BMW 335xi Estoril Blue
Leather Dakota Black exclusive stitching
Cold Weather Package
M Sport Line
Premium Package
Technology Package
M Sport Package
Dynamic Handling Package
Sport automatic transmission with shift paddles or Manual Transmisson
19" M light alloy wheels Star-spoke style 403 M (not a must)

Let me know what you guys think.

Also, Thanks for all your input so far, really appreciate it.
Since you are getting a 335i xDrive M-Sport, if you order with the 2PE (Summer Tires) you get the increased speed limiter, if you order the 2PP (All Season tires) you get standard speed limiter. So if you want the high speed limiter but want to drive in the winter (I am guessing because of AWD), you will have to get summer tires and purchase winter tires separate.
__________________
Kenneth P. Gray
2013 - 328i xDrive Sport, Imperial Blue/Everest Grey Dakota Leather
2010 Cadillac SRX Performance, Platinum Ice/Ebony (Wife's drive)


2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
335xi


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms