Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-28-2012, 12:22 PM
EPDRB EPDRB is offline
Registered User
Location: Houston, Texas
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 29
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 50i
Owner Loyalty/Ultimate App Question

It appears almost everyone on this forum buying BMW's this month are getting the $750 Owner Loyalty and $500 Ultimate Drive App rebates. I have owned 6 BMW's (all leased with BMWFS), but it has been 2 years since my last lease. The dealers in Houston are telling me that you have to be a current BMW customer to qualify for the Owner Loyalty rebate and the Ultimate Drive App only works if you financed/leased with BMWFS within the last 12 months. Is this correct? Thanks and I really appreciate your help.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 12-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Kar Don Kar Don is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Cricket City
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,686
Mein Auto: E70 & F04
Do you have a bmwfs account with a login? If so it may work for the app. You should be able to get the owner loyalty regardless
__________________
2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS550 Iridium Silver/Black Leather -- P2/321/881 (leasetraded 1/10)
2002 BMW 325i --Topaz Blue/Natural Brown Leather --SP/PP/HK/CWP/Bi-xenon (Sold 9/06)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Justin@NCBMW Justin@NCBMW is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 905
Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPDRB View Post
It appears almost everyone on this forum buying BMW's this month are getting the $750 Owner Loyalty and $500 Ultimate Drive App rebates. I have owned 6 BMW's (all leased with BMWFS), but it has been 2 years since my last lease. The dealers in Houston are telling me that you have to be a current BMW customer to qualify for the Owner Loyalty rebate and the Ultimate Drive App only works if you financed/leased with BMWFS within the last 12 months. Is this correct? Thanks and I really appreciate your help.
For loyalty within the past 12 months
For BMW app must have a current FS account
__________________
Justin W.
Lease Portfolio/ED Manager
New Century BMW ~ 7 Time Center of Excellence recipient 2013 PIA winner

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675


Click here to email me!


BMW i3s in stock
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-28-2012, 03:22 PM
EPDRB EPDRB is offline
Registered User
Location: Houston, Texas
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 29
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@NCBMW View Post
For loyalty within the past 12 months
For BMW app must have a current FS account
Thank you for response. Sounds like I'm out of luck. Have been buying Mercedes Benz cars for the last 2 years and ready to get back in a BMW. You would think after owning 6 BMWs, there would be a way I could qualify for a least one of these loyalty rebates.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-29-2012, 03:48 AM
nhman nhman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northeast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 615
Mein Auto: 2013 M3 coupe ZCP DCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@NCBMW View Post
For loyalty within the past 12 months
For BMW app must have a current FS account
Justin, for the BMW app, could the FS account be their credit card? If so, can this also be linked to the loyalty?

My last lease contract with BMW ended June 2011 but I do have a credit card (with BMW FS). I know that I am beyond the 12 months (for lease) but it doesn't hurt to ask the question. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Jon Shafer's Avatar
Jon Shafer Jon Shafer is offline
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder
Location: Santa Barbara
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,216
Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhman View Post
Justin, for the BMW app, could the FS account be their credit card? If so, can this also be linked to the loyalty?

My last lease contract with BMW ended June 2011 but I do have a credit card (with BMW FS). I know that I am beyond the 12 months (for lease) but it doesn't hurt to ask the question. Thanks.
A BMW Credit Card account will not suffice. MUST be an active car lease/loan.
__________________
Order your new BMW Today! BMW SANTA BARBARA jshafer@sbautogroup.com


Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-30-2012, 02:09 AM
nhman nhman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northeast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 615
Mein Auto: 2013 M3 coupe ZCP DCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
A BMW Credit Card account will not suffice. MUST be an active car lease/loan.
I thought so but I wanted to confirm. Thanks Jon.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-30-2012, 03:03 AM
335audioman 335audioman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bay Area, CA
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 139
Mein Auto: 2007 Z4M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPDRB View Post
Thank you for response. Sounds like I'm out of luck. Have been buying Mercedes Benz cars for the last 2 years and ready to get back in a BMW. You would think after owning 6 BMWs, there would be a way I could qualify for a least one of these loyalty rebates.
It would be pretty hard for BMW to justify giving you a "loyalty" discount when you switched over to a Mercedes, regardless of how many BMWs you owned in the past.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-30-2012, 04:58 PM
TexasBMW's Avatar
TexasBMW TexasBMW is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Austin and Midland, Texas
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 380
Mein Auto: 08 X54.8 04X54.4 00E46CiC
So, if I apply for BMW FS, that isn't eligible for the App credit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@NCBMW View Post
For loyalty within the past 12 months
For BMW app must have a current FS account
__________________
2008 X5 4.8 Space Gray/Tan/Dark Burl - Delivered 01.30.08
2004 X5 4.4 Silver. Acquired 02.12
2000 E46 Vert
2001 X5 4.4, Ret.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-31-2012, 06:31 AM
adrian's bmw's Avatar
adrian's bmw adrian's bmw is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: BMW/MINI of South Atlanta
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,718
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW AH 3 M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBMW View Post
So, if I apply for BMW FS, that isn't eligible for the App credit?
No, you have to have had a lease or loan with BMW FS within the past 12 months.
__________________

Top Performing Client Advisor Performance Center and European Delivery Specialist
#1 European Delivery Specialist 2012

www.bmwofsouthatlanta.com
Accepting pre-reservations up to five months from now for all European Deliveries.
Previous BMW's owned: 1987 325is, 2001 330xi, 2006 330Cic, 2008 535xi Wagon, 2009 328i, 2012 328i
Personal European Deliveries: 5/2008: 335i Vert, 10/2009: 328i Vert, 9/2010: 528i, 11/2011: 640i Coupe, 11/2012 528i, 11/2013: 528i
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms