Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 12-31-2012, 04:01 AM

Mein Auto: BMW x5
Question Bluetooth Problems

Hi, just joined the Forum and am hoping to get some good feedback on my Bluetooth problems. My X5 is a 2005 E53 car with factory fitted telephone handsfree, Its worked great with my old "steam engine" Nokia giving me full functionality. However this Christmas I was bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 and am having difficulty getting it to work on the car. I can get it to "pair" with my S2 but when I try to access it from the car I just get "PLEASE WAIT!.
Any help would be appreciated otherwise its back to the "steam engine".

Cheers Spen
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2012, 11:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1997 740iL / 2006 X5 4.4
I have the same phone and as far as I can get is Bluetooth pairing...but the phone book never completes loading. I resorted to adding the most common numbers thru voice commands (the talking head button on the steering wheel). But for "pairing" purposes...MAKE SURE that you have BLUETOOTH on your Samsung GS2 turned on (see step 3)..if not, your SGII & X5 won't be able to communicate:

Do you have voice command option? If so, once you get your Samsung GS2 paired (using the pass key code) make sure your phone's Bluetooth is turned on and all incoming calls can be answered thru voice command, and so can any outgoing calls. Just press the talking head button on the steering wheel and say "call name" or "call number"... And the car will call the number with a few more voice commands.

I would post more info, but the server is down where that info is stored.

EDIT: server is back up...see how to make voice calls & save names from the voice command manual. Again, once your SGII is paired, as long as you have Bluetooth initiated on your phone, as soon as you start the X5 they can communicate...even if the phone book never uploads.

Q {BMW CCA Member #191509}
2006 E53 X5 4.4i (Sterling Gray) 12/05 mfg date <<~>> 97 740iL (Arctic Silver) 3/97 mfg date
(SOLD)
99 540iT (Orient Blue) <<~>> 95 525IT (Alpine White)
91 735iL (Schwarz Black) <<~>> 85 325e (Bronzit)

http://imageshack.com/scaled/grid240/822/e38e532ndsigpic.jpg

Last edited by QSilver7; 01-01-2013 at 07:19 AM.