Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 12-31-2012, 03:31 PM
BMW Freak

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Exhaust note

Hi guys,
I've been wanting to upgrade my exhaust for a while but I'm waiting for someone to release a descent tune to do all of my mods at the same time ( down pipe, exhaust, tune, and hopefully a CAI) I've been thinking about swapping the center silencer (resonator) for a crossover x-pipe and leave the stock exhaust.

I just want a more aggressive sound while I wait for either Cobb or Dinan to release their tune. My question is, do guys you know of anyone with this configuration and if you do what was their impression of the mod?

I saw a threads of members doing this to their 6 series but I haven't seen anyone doing this on our f10's.

What do you guys think of this swap, is it worth it or should I leave it stock till is mod time?

thanks guys.

2011 535i (07/2011 build) Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black Interior, Anthracite Wood Trim, ZSP, ZPP, ZP2, ZCV, 2TB, 6NF, 6NR.

Retired: 2009 328i,Titanium Silver, Black Interior, Dark Wood Trim, ZPP, ZLP, 609, 494, AAW Tune.

Advertisement
Old 12-31-2012, 03:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535xi,328xiC
I was hoping for COBB too, I went with Burger JB4. They have downpipe mods too, the JB4 has been trouble free in very hot and cold weather...and makes a real difference. There are 2 stages, I have stage 1.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:50 PM
BMW Freak

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterC4 View Post
I was hoping for COBB too, I went with Burger JB4. They have downpipe mods too, the JB4 has been trouble free in very hot and cold weather...and makes a real difference. There are 2 stages, I have stage 1.

I was about to buy the JB4 stage 2 until I saw this post on another forum.
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784125

As you can see on the Dino sheet the JB4 still needs to be refined. If they manage to refine their tune I might buy it.

2011 535i (07/2011 build) Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black Interior, Anthracite Wood Trim, ZSP, ZPP, ZP2, ZCV, 2TB, 6NF, 6NR.

Retired: 2009 328i,Titanium Silver, Black Interior, Dark Wood Trim, ZPP, ZLP, 609, 494, AAW Tune.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:38 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: E92
You may want to also check out the aFe scorcher module for your BMW N55 535i.

It'll give you gains of up to 40hp and 80lbs. x ft. torque peak gains. This aFe scorcher module provides a hassle-free installation with no cutting, drilling or splicing required during the 30 minute installation time. Factory electronic accessories are not affected by installing the Scorcher module.

As for the exhaust, are you looking for a dual or quad setup? There are a good number of choices available. I'd recommend that you check out the Remus Sport Exhaust.

Sound clips (stock vs remus)

The AR Design Catted/Catless Downpipes BMW N63 F10 550i is the #1 choice among our customers. Paried with the exhaust, the AR design downpipes will give an exotic and aggressive exhaust note as well as a significant boost in horsepower.
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:00am-6:00pm | Sat 8:00am-5:00pm
Check out the Blog for daily updates!