Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 e90
Arrow Changing VIN KOMBI - 080D0WQ / M35080 - E8x E9x

Hello,

I'm trying to change the VIN to a KOMBI from eBay.

I have successfully changed the KM, but when changing the VIN, the EEPROM corrupts and the KOMBI dosenīt read anything,
restoring the eeprom to the original file, all works fine, but with the tappering dot.

It seems that is not so easy that changing the 2E0 line.
Is there any checksum around?
Can someone change the VIN in this file?

KOMBI_Factory_default_[A750235].BIN

Many thanks!

------------------------------------------------
_a_
Ads by Google
Old 12-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos View Post
Hello,

I'm trying to change the VIN to a KOMBI from eBay.

I have successfully changed the KM, but when changing the VIN, the EEPROM corrupts and the KOMBI dosenīt read anything,
restoring the eeprom to the original file, all works fine, but with the tappering dot.

It seems that is not so easy that changing the 2E0 line.
Is there any checksum around?
Can someone change the VIN in this file?

KOMBI_Factory_default_[A750235].BIN

Many thanks!

------------------------------------------------
_a_
I have no idea on this.

What are you suing to chnage the EEPROM?

Do you know if for a used F10 KOMBI, the EEPROM must me chnaged to in order to chnage its VIN?

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 05-23-2013, 08:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 Z4 3.5is
Bmw e89 z4

Hi, did you manage to get the vin changed on your kombi?
I have the same issue when i change the vin the cluster still works but the tamper is still there.
My old cluster was destroyed so i couldnt recover any data.
I bought a used kombi off ebay out of a 335i trying to get it working in my e89 z4, all guages are working, except the tamper and my service full of dashes
Old 05-23-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_1988 View Post
Hi, did you manage to get the vin changed on your kombi?
I have the same issue when i change the vin the cluster still works but the tamper is still there.
My old cluster was destroyed so i couldnt recover any data.
I bought a used kombi off ebay out of a 335i trying to get it working in my e89 z4, all guages are working, except the tamper and my service full of dashes
He wrote he successfully changed KM, but could not change VIN.

The issue seems to be that with the R270 EEPROM Programmer, the EEPROM can not be cleared of VIN if EEPROM is attached to PCB. So, desolder EEPROM, and then try and clear VIN.

This M35160 Eraser from Checkpoint Lab USB though supposedly works for On-board EEPROM programming:

http://www.microcontroller-cafe.com/?l=M35160-ERASER

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 05-23-2013, 10:07 AM

so do you mean i should clear the VIN, and having it cleared it will automatically program the original VIN of the car back in the cluster, or i need to encode it ?
im actually using DIGIMASTER III, i soldered the chip and able to see the VIN and can change it but tamper is still there

Last edited by jc_1988; 05-23-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_1988 View Post
so do you mean i should clear the VIN, and having it cleared it will automatically program the original VIN of the car back in the cluster, or i need to encode it ?
im actually using DIGIMASTER III, i soldered the chip and able to see the VIN and can change it but tamper is still there
The Red Tamper dot will be there so long as there exists a VIN mismatch.

You need to clear Mileage and VIN from EEPROM first.

For Exx Kombi, I am not sure if Encoding with NCS Expert will write VIN or not. If not, it can be written with Tool32 KOMBIxx.prg C_FG_SCHREIBEN job, or when flashed with WinKFP.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:10 PM

Mein Auto: F10 530dA
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
He wrote he successfully changed KM, but could not change VIN.

The issue seems to be that with the R270 EEPROM Programmer, the EEPROM can not be cleared of VIN if EEPROM is attached to PCB. So, desolder EEPROM, and then try and clear VIN.

This M35160 Eraser from Checkpoint Lab USB though supposedly works for On-board EEPROM programming:

http://www.microcontroller-cafe.com/?l=M35160-ERASER
At least for my F10 Kombi, onboard erasing VIN with the R270 was no problem. But the trick is to erase the VIN to all FF, and not to change it to what it should be. Then, afterwards, the VIN has to be written using Tool32 or whatever works for E-Cars.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:00 AM

Successfull

i managed to remove the tamper by using Digimaster III M35080 V6
all i had to is open the file through Eeprom search for 2E0 Section write the VIN, job done..
Now one more thing is my Normal,Sport, DSC OFF button is not working, by the looks of it the ICOM might be able to solve the problem