Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 535ix M-sport
Will this work on a 2013 model with the new NAV/idrive updates?
Old 12-31-2012, 11:13 PM
BIG D BIMMERS

Mein Auto: '13 535i MSPORT,'10 E93
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeS View Post
Will this work on a 2013 model with the new NAV/idrive updates?
Yeh, my screen has the new updates also, I'm wondering the same thing.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:57 AM

Mein Auto: f01, fx35, f10
Yes

ED on 3.30.07 |'07 335i coupe|BlackSapphire|CoralRed|Nav|Comfort|Sports|Pr emium
Redelivered, Reunited! 5.24.07
2013 F10 535i|TiAg|BlackDakota||Tech|MSport|Premium|Multi Contour|Hifi|Rearview Camera|PDC
Old 01-22-2013, 08:12 PM

Mein Auto: '10 X5 4.8 M sport
Another happy customer here. Received the download link in about an hour after ordering and was able to download and burn both the DVDinMotion and disclaimer accept disks in a matter of minutes. Install of both was exactly as described in the instructions and in 5 minutes I was done with no issues at all. Lucie was super responsive when I emailed asking if the disclaimer accept software was still being bundled with the DVDinMotion software (which it is - just ask her for it!!).

I highly recommend it to anyone who plans on using it responsibly (i.e., passenger use only).
Old 04-30-2013, 05:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i sport
DVDinMotion - it just works

Great product awesome service

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-30-2013, 07:28 PM
BIG D BIMMERS

Mein Auto: '13 535i MSPORT,'10 E93
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn550 View Post
Great product awesome service

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Did you use a USB flash drive?

Here's what I got from Lucie at dvdinmotion:

"This feature is now available and the new unlock actually works even better than before. You need only an ordinary USB flash stick and 1 minute of time."
Old 04-30-2013, 11:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 530xd Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBimmer View Post
Did you use a USB flash drive?

Here's what I got from Lucie at dvdinmotion:

"This feature is now available and the new unlock actually works even better than before. You need only an ordinary USB flash stick and 1 minute of time."
Looking forward to this coding, especially if I can upload via USB Key - ordered it 5 days ago and got a very rapid response from Lucie. Alas, my car is only a week old and due to some minor nav changes in the latest builds, (no idea what they are to be honest) they need to adjust the patch; should be ready any day now

Just took a quick look at earlier parts of this thread - I agree with the (mentioned) concept of having a site where you can just select the various coding options you want through radio buttons (or whatever) and have the file sent for you to upload. I'd pay for that for sure (as I know others would). Takes much of the risk out of messing something up that you'll end up regretting / paying for or worse, ending up stranded somewhere (and this is coming from someone who actually does like playing around inside PC's, Phones etc. etc.).

I know Lucie reads these threads - something to consider to expand your business in the near future

Alternatively, I read here that there are plenty of coders out there that are more than capable of taking their laptops, cables and e-sys to a car park to help others - there must be a good business opportunity here Remembering the business development graphs I was taught during a brief spell at M.I.T., such a business could be free of competition for at least a year and possibly more; by then you have a solid customer base and start on the next innovation wave while the competition plays catch up

Still, what on earth do I know

Gary.