Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > General Automotive Forum

General Automotive Forum
All non-BMW car talk goes here...

Old 11-28-2012, 05:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW745I E65 ,BMW318 IS 94
Any Florida Modded Bimmer Owners experienced this with COPS

The guy's are just cruising slowly ,maybe because hey had the passenger door open while drving but why such fuzz five cop cars,one would think they have better work to do then pulling over those guy's.

http://www.autojunk.nl/2012/11/chrysler-300-got-donked

Last edited by tim330i; 11-30-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2012, 07:31 AM

Mein Auto: 750
Cops probably pulled them over for driving with the door open as that's a safety issue and then the officer radio his buddies to come and have a look at that horrible looking excuse for an automobile.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pass427 View Post
Cops probably pulled them over for driving with the door open as that's a safety issue and then the officer radio his buddies to come and have a look at that horrible looking excuse for an automobile.
Thought he was saying something to the girls they were passing by ,but safety is important but 5 cop cars seems a bit overdone IMO But then again he is a PLATINUM PLAYER LOL

Last edited by Lastcombo; 11-28-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:47 AM

Mein Auto: '03 745Li
Even though it was in a parking lot, the door was open and music blaring while he was driving. I think any cop in any state would do the same. Might he have gotten pulled over anyway b/c of profiling, probably.

'11 328i
'07 Audi A8 (w/ 20,000 miles)
'03 745Li (sold)
'03 Acura TL-S
'02 Infiniti QX4 (sold )
Old 11-28-2012, 07:49 AM

Mein Auto: '03 745Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastcombo View Post
Thought he was saying something to the girls they were passing by ,but safety is important but 5 cop cars seems a bit overdone IMO But then again he is a PLATINUM PLAYER LOL
Last year, I got pulled over for speeding and was surrounded by 3 cop cars... I was going 9 miles over in our little town. I got a written warning and had to take off the smoked license plate cover.

'11 328i
'07 Audi A8 (w/ 20,000 miles)
'03 745Li (sold)
'03 Acura TL-S
'02 Infiniti QX4 (sold )
Old 11-28-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by First_745Li View Post
Even though it was in a parking lot, the door was open and music blaring while he was driving. I think any cop in any state would do the same. Might he have gotten pulled over anyway b/c of profiling, probably.
IMO it's profiling the Guy like modding his car as we do well in his kindda way,we all make a statement de way we like it
Old 11-28-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by First_745Li View Post
Last year, I got pulled over for speeding and was surrounded by 3 cop cars... I was going 9 miles over in our little town. I got a written warning and had to take off the smoked license plate cover.
9 miles and 3 cop Cars why just to write you a fine i feel for ya
Old 11-28-2012, 01:18 PM

Mein Auto: 760Li
when pulling someone over after a certain amount of hours working or at night, it's customary for officers to call in backup to ensure that everything is done properly.

As far as the guy getting "pulled over", he was disturbing the peace (radio can be heard over 200 ft. away) and as well was driving a car with a host of DOT violations such as the bumper now being the wrong height, headlamps pointed wrong, etc.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmeance View Post
when pulling someone over after a certain amount of hours working or at night, it's customary for officers to call in backup to ensure that everything is done properly.

As far as the guy getting "pulled over", he was disturbing the peace (radio can be heard over 200 ft. away) and as well was driving a car with a host of DOT violations such as the bumper now being the wrong height, headlamps pointed wrong, etc.
Good point CS but they all had the same training to become a cop so why you need 5 Cars to back each other up makes no sense IMO for such a simple violation

Last edited by Lastcombo; 11-28-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:37 PM

Mein Auto: E36/4/5
that's just how they are...SOP make a scene and intimidate
Old 12-30-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33p04s View Post
that's just how they are...SOP make a scene and intimidate
Lol get your point
Old 01-01-2013, 07:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 530i 5spd Manual
back in '05/'06 my wife and I got pulled over b/c we had a "aftermarket" exhaust on her Supra. I carried the FL law and a copy of the manufactures CARB certification in the glove box. 2 cop cars. After trying to explaint to them it's super quiet and even meets CARB.... cop give me some lecture about he knows cars and he's got a Z28 bla bla... let us go. Just some cops that profiled the supra thinking it was some ricer teens and it was two mid 20's with a copy of the FL law and CARB # in the glove box and he got thrown off by it. But let's face it. Profiling is human nature. That's how evolution happens. If you mod your car to look like a drug dealer rap video ride.. guess what kid. If you put a foldger fart can on your stupid civic, guess what kid... you get profiled. I think profiling works. Same reason I profile the meth'd out white trash driving in a 30yr old ford pickup with a confederate flag and a gun rack. That type of person usually has some comment about my BMW even though I'm just pumping gas and minding my own bussiness. You get what you are. Can't control what color you are, but you can control how you dress, act, talk and what you drive.

I wish the cops would crack down on "UNSAFE" cars. Ie- cars missing tail lights, headlights bad tires etc. I wish FL would adopt annual safety inspections. Would remove a lot of junk off the road. And even a sniff check wouldn't hurt. I see cars in Tampa that burn more oil than gas. When I have family from other states visit, they are amazed at the relics driving around our roads. FL is like Mini-cuba with old cars on the roads. And crack down on these idiots that get on Ebay and get a $75 HID set and put them in a reflector housing!!!! They are idiots!

Garage queen: '07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, staggered 18" 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Llumar ATR Tint.

Last edited by FLE39; 01-01-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLE39 View Post
back in '05/'06 my wife and I got pulled over b/c we had a "aftermarket" exhaust on her Supra. I carried the FL law and a copy of the manufactures CARB certification in the glove box. 2 cop cars. After trying to explaint to them it's super quiet and even meets CARB.... cop give me some lecture about he knows cars and he's got a Z28 bla bla... let us go. Just some cops that profiled the supra thinking it was some ricer teens and it was two mid 20's with a copy of the FL law and CARB # in the glove box and he got thrown off by it. But let's face it. Profiling is human nature. That's how evolution happens. If you mod your car to look like a drug dealer rap video ride.. guess what kid. If you put a foldger fart can on your stupid civic, guess what kid... you get profiled. I think profiling works. Same reason I profile the meth'd out white trash driving in a 30yr old ford pickup with a confederate flag and a gun rack. That type of person usually has some comment about my BMW even though I'm just pumping gas and minding my own bussiness. You get what you are. Can't control what color you are, but you can control how you dress, act, talk and what you drive.

I wish the cops would crack down on "UNSAFE" cars. Ie- cars missing tail lights, headlights bad tires etc. I wish FL would adopt annual safety inspections. Would remove a lot of junk off the road. And even a sniff check wouldn't hurt. I see cars in Tampa that burn more oil than gas. When I have family from other states visit, they are amazed at the relics driving around our roads. FL is like Mini-cuba with old cars on the roads. And crack down on these idiots that get on Ebay and get a $75 HID set and put them in a reflector housing!!!! They are idiots!
Same thing happens here because iam Black polige always check me out ,Black Guy driving a 7 series iam sick of it N.W.O is sick