Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:14 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
East Bay BMW

I have to say, with the exception of Joshua at this dealership, I have not had a pleasant experience. I was told on one of my first maintenance visits that the car I had was, in so many words, the cheap version and during that same visit I was also charged $40 (after I talked the service rep down from $80) for a tire rotation that apparently, my car did not need. I guess that's my fault for being a newbie BMW driver. While I enjoy the vehicle, I can't say that I recommend this dealership. Thank you to Joshua for being professional and friendly; your co-workers could stand to learn a thing or two from you.
Ads by Google
Old 01-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
You are fortunate in that within a 30 minute driving range (non commute times) there are a number of first rate BMW stores to choose your service center needs from. Personally I never go to (Oakland) for anything, but that is just me. I have had excellent luck with Stevens Creek BMW in the South Bay and others have extolled the virtues of Peter Pan in San Mateo, or Sonnen in Marin, along with of course your own BMW of SF.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2011BMW 335d
Stevens creek bmw San Jose Santa Clara ca

1-4-'13, scbmw is a snake pit of miss information and slip shod service, case in point new CARB tire pressure rules are by new ca and fed law the tire pressure is to recorded on the customer receipt after each rechecked when ever the car is brought in for any maint, including an oil change. When this wasn't done at my latest oil change the service mgr (?) said it wasn't necessary. Just another example of their lying cover up stories there are many... Diesel engines are excepted from the free maint advertised for the first 50k or four years. For all BMW new cars.. No free oil changes. Period. No free Def, (diesel exhaust fluid) top ups always a $50.00 fee.., they offer a free car wash after every maint visit what they don't tell is that their car washer are going to dry off your brand new car using a dry brown paper towel and high pressure air from the shop air compressor that air is so contaminated that the paint shop mustn't use it.brown paper towel try looking in the rest rooms for more of that bad stuff... There seems to be a constant war between the lies the sales dept tells buyers and what the maint dept deem to be the truth regarding the maint and excessive oil consumption, my 6000 mile diesel used 1/2 qt in the 250 mi since the last oil change. The cover up lies for this would astound you...another dealer that lives in the Fremont Auto Mall gave" me a spare qt of oil in to carry just in case I need it in long trip home of 300 miles in a few days... Guess where I'll be taking my diesel bmw for its next maint needs. In case I wasn't clear Steven Creek BMW in San Jose sucks in every respect.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Dp -- don't hold back -- tell us how your REALLY feel! Wow, you sure have had a different experience than I have at SCBMW. All I can say is that of the closest four BMW stores to me -- BMWSC has been the most helpful and easiest to work with of them all.