Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:04 AM

Mein Auto: x1
Newbie - advise me on price quote please

Hi, thanks to everyone in advance for your thoughts on the price that I am being quoted.

For a X1 Sdrived28i with the following options:

Premium Package
Technology Package
(with bmw assist with BT etc)
Heated Seats
Wood Trim

I am getting a quote of 38995 with monthly payments for a 36 months lease of $510 per month. that is with nothing down except your regular fees and first month's payment and it also includes LA's ridiculous sales tax of 9%. That also includes the destination charge.

I am doing this thru a car broker b/c I hate dealing with socal car salesmen. It was also hard to find the car in Jet Black exterior and black interior leather. And he is helping me get out of my current lease with no fee to make it happen (which includes taking care of some body damage at no charge). So even if I could get a slightly better deal after haggling at a dealership, I am not sure I could save as much money thru them exiting my current lease.

Thoughts?
Ads by Google
Old 01-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X1
Check out the older posts below. There are tons of threads about pricing especially in SoCal.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 ford Explorer EB V8
Why would you sign-up for such a bad deal? How many miles will you drive, vs how many the lease allows before high fees for excess miles are charged? Anyone who can't pay cash without it being a strain or draining their reserves, can't afford the vehicle. Nobody has ever, nor will ever, regret being debt free. Many have and will regret being under the thumbs of the lenders.

Last edited by FStephenMasek; 01-05-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X1 sDrive28i
Assuming you are getting a "no line" car sticker on your configuration looks to be $39145. If your quoted price is $38995 then this is a terrible deal. They are only offering you roughly $150 off the sticker price of the car. On that car you shouldn't be paying more than $37000- invoice cost plus $500, and perhaps less if you qualify for some of the incentives on offer.

Remember the lease special BMW is touting for the car would be 36 months with a $425 payment once you include the tax. While the car offered is not as well equipped it should give you an idea of how much extra profit is packed into the deal being offered to you.

You owe it to yourself to talk to one of the board sponsors before you pull the trigger. They are not your average car salesman. I worked with Justin Wong at New Century BMW in Alhambra and you can't go wrong with Greg Poland at Pacific BMW or the illustrious John Schaffer up in Santa Barbara.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Greg Poland Pacific BMW

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 3.5 M sport
I have not run the numbers but the broker is not working for your best interests as. You think. His commission comes out of sales price.. So he may be making $1,000 that you could be saving..... Why don't you talk to me and let's see how good his deal is to what I can offer. And trust me....whatever lease end charges that u may have ... You are still probably paying for them somehow...

Greg Poland
Pacific BMW
800 South Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91204
818 254 1491
www.PacificBMW.com
gregpoland@pacificbmw.com
Euro delivery, PC delivery, Out of state-new and used car sales
Hours:T-F 1-8 PM,Sat 1 to 8pm, off Sun and Mon.

Current rides: 2013 X5 msport and 2013 535i
15% over wholesale/invoice for all accessories! and free shipping for Bimmerfest members!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEK7hG-3fyA