Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 750i
Angry Wtf rant / what do you do...

So I'm stationed overseas and my wife has the 7 in the states with her. I call her just to find out that when she was parked way out in the parking lot at Lowes, some a$$hole parked next to her and bumped the door leaving their black paint on my car!!! I was so pissed off! I know my wife wasn't lying being she never lies and she knows to park way out in the lot to avoid the careless dumba$$es who park. So now that's another thing I have to get fixed on the car. I'm not too mad though being I had another scratch I was going to get taken care of, but damn!!!

So my question is, what do you guys do to avoid this? I know their are a lot of people who are jealous and some who just don't give a fu** when they slide their carts away in the parking lot, that's why I park way WAY out to avoid this, but apperently even doing that isn't enough! I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!!!!!! Lol that's all! Thanks for letting me rant and I will post a pic of the damage when my wife sends it!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:16 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1997 528i
I feel your pain! At the risk of sounding paranoid, I am convinced some people do this on purpose.

94 318I (Daughter's car), 96 740IL(current project), 97 528I(DD), 07 335I(Son's car)
Old 01-06-2013, 06:33 AM

Yeah I feel the same way! Freakin sucks. I would never want to jack someones car up just because it looks good or for whatever the reason people do it.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2008/2011 750Li
I really feel you man! Read this thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=15
Old 01-06-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd750Li View Post
I really feel you man! Read this thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=15
Lol good thing he was right there and you got the guy! I don't know if I could get away with that in VA! It's the "phantom dingers" (as I call them) that freakin sucks because there is no way to put the blame where it belongs. It's all on you to fix it or ride around with an f'd up 7! Pisses me off just thinking about it!!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 760Li
I just park with the the riffraff. I figure 1) I'm going to get door dings anyway and 2) I don't want to stand out and become a target. I figure that other people are more careful when we're parked in tight places.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:44 AM

Mein Auto: '03 745Li
There are some jealous ppl out there, I am sorry and do share your pain. I park as far away from others in any parking lot or try to park next to similar types of cars, e.g. MB, Porsches, etc (hoping they don't leave anytime soon).
Funny story two nights ago I went to the mall, I parked at the end of the row no cars around for a few good spaces in between. I came back out to find parked right next to my car (on both sides) were two 3 series. It looked like a group meet..It was nice to see I wasn't the only paranoid one out there.

'11 328i
'07 Audi A8 (w/ 20,000 miles)
'03 745Li (sold)
'03 Acura TL-S
'02 Infiniti QX4 (sold )
Old 01-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Maintainin'

Mein Auto: 2006 750Li
I know ya'll gonna get me for this but "It's Just a Car" it pisses me off when it happens but I don't worry about it. I park as close to front door of any place I go because I don't really think about things like that. it will happen and there is nothing you can do about it, just sayin'
Old 01-06-2013, 01:05 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 745LI/ F02
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcclintock View Post
I know ya'll gonna get me for this but "It's Just a Car" it pisses me off when it happens but I don't worry about it. I park as close to front door of any place I go because I don't really think about things like that. it will happen and there is nothing you can do about it, just sayin'
Old 01-06-2013, 01:29 PM
A BMW, 7 Series of course

Mein Auto: LS460
3rd freaking day of having my car it got keyed.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:08 PM
TTurboFest

Mein Auto: F02 (750Li)
Quote:
You right , but that's you and everyone has different opinions , I can kill someone for **** like this , and have park all the way at the end of the lot when i go to Walmart and on my way in saw someone park next to me .
Guess what happens next I walked up as he was getting out and told him off knowing that he has all the right to do that , he was kind enough to move

Coded, BMS S1 431whp/479wtq 93 Oct /Run Conditions 91*F
Options: Camera Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Driver asst, F&R Luxury Seating, Prem/Sound, Rear Entertainment, Sport Pkg, Massage rear seats, Ceramic Controls, Active Cruise, SmarthPhone Int., Night Vision, Head-UP Display, Sat, Leather Wrapped Dash&Doors.
(N54 E82 135i) JB4 ISO FBO, 4434whp & 470wtq / Run Conditions 90.28 *F
Old 01-06-2013, 03:25 PM
C & E on that Yo'

Mein Auto: 750i
for me i look at it as a respect thing! if a person doesn't give a rat's you know what about their car that is fine but to I am too convinced that some folk will look at what a person is driving and do hateful stuff.

it is shameful that stuff like this happens i have gotten my share of dings on mine too it is really unfortunate

(E65) 20' Rims
Sports pkg, Cold weather pkg, & Convience pkg
Rear Shades
Old 01-06-2013, 03:30 PM

Mein Auto: White 2002 745I
I park as far away as I can but if thats not possible I play the odds. If I am parking between two cars I get as close as I can to the passenger side. We know there's a driver getting into that car but there might not be a passenger..... playing the odds
Old 01-06-2013, 06:44 PM

Mein Auto: '03 745Li
Quote:
You're right "it's just a car"... to them... to us it's a BMW..and it's not cheap fixing their hatred.

'11 328i
'07 Audi A8 (w/ 20,000 miles)
'03 745Li (sold)
'03 Acura TL-S
'02 Infiniti QX4 (sold )
Old 01-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Propellers Up Front

Mein Auto: Some Bavarian car outside
I know how you feel. These a holes here in VA can be a holes... wait I said that already. I park so far back in the parking lot away from it all and still come out to some a hole that NEEDS to be next to me. My wife went to school and got dinged last month. She didn't even park in the parking lot.
I just wish they would start making cars with these installed now:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Dr7S_...%3DDr7S_fp0xVc
Old 01-06-2013, 11:40 PM

Mein Auto: Nothing
I admit I park as close to the door as possible.. but I do look for door dings when I come out.. if I am going to be in the store for a long time I will park farther away but if I am going to be quick I park close to the door, but make sure not to get too close to other cars, as to make it hard for them to get in without hitting my car.. then I come out and check for dings.. so far so good, I haven't been hit, but I figured if I get a ding and it matches the other car I will wait for them to come out and they can pay for it, if I have to call the cops I will.. Sorry, you can say it's just a car, but I say it's my car and with the amount of money I spend on it you have no right to mess it up. And if you scratch it you are going to pay.. I don't care if it's a small scratch, if it cost $300 to fix it, that's your issue..
Old 01-07-2013, 12:07 AM

I can relate to a lot of people's reactions to this and ways of handling it. At the end of the day, I love this car! I treat it like it's a Bentley or a Rolls Royce because to me that's what my car is worth!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:21 AM
Maintainin'

Mein Auto: 2006 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by First_745Li View Post
You're right "it's just a car"... to them... to us it's a BMW..and it's not cheap fixing their hatred.
By no means am I a rich or well off person that can afford to fix these things if they keep happening, but at the same time I will not let a car or other people have me jump through hoops to protect a piece of metal lol. The only thing I worry about is whether it starts, runs, and drives. Thats what a car is suppose to do. When it breaks or becomes undesirable you move on to the next one its that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecandidate View Post
for me i look at it as a respect thing! if a person doesn't give a rat's you know what about their car that is fine but to I am too convinced that some folk will look at what a person is driving and do hateful stuff.

it is shameful that stuff like this happens i have gotten my share of dings on mine too it is really unfortunate
I agree with you that its a respect thing but you know how it is, some people were raised wrong they don't have that. I don't let little things get to me and a door ding is little to me, but at the same time I would never ding another man's car. I always use caution and also tell my passengers to watch the door as they open it to get in or out.

At the end of the day there are more important things in life to get all worked up about, if someone can get that worked up over a car imagine how they would act if their girl try to leave them or if they got fired or if a number of more serious things were to happen to them? Chill out people its only a car that you probably won't want 3 months from now lol