Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
Wastegate work, now rough/surging idle

Fortunately I have an extended warranty (AAA Autoguard) that has now paid for itself +50% of the original value.

I'm at about 72K miles and took the car in last week for both dying/dead water pump (no overheating, car just sounded like a giant blow dryer) and what felt like stumbling in 5th & 6th gear between 2K and 3K RPMs.

The dealer diagnosed bad wastegates and they were replaced. Additionally they fixed the water pump and found a severe oil leak around the filter housing. All of this was paid for by AAA Autoguard warranty. I paid $550 out of pocket for the walnut shell blast of the intakes since they had the car apart (normal price is $750).

At any rate on the way home I stopped for some Chevron 93 and after filling up was sitting at a stop sign and noticed bad surging and rougher idle than I'm used to. It's not rhythmic (it occurs randomly but frequently). Obviously it's going back to the dealer since all of the recent work is under warranty but curious if anyone has ideas.

Also, I highly recommend an extended warranty for these cars, especially the turbo-ed variety.
Ads by Google