Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 01-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmguy View Post
Just got the email saying they are now keeping it until monday to fix that SOS state... I'm sure its an easy solution, but sure seems like this car finds every error and likes to show off by displaying them for the tech working on the car!

I confirmed they printed off the report ISTA/P report for me, I'll get it when I pickup the car... The tech confirmed the version 2.48.3 by email - I had asked if he installed 2.48.2 as I thought that was the latest version based on what I read here and he responded back so no, and he installed a newer version of 2.48.3 - only way to be sure I guess is to check when the car is in my hands.
It could be 48.3. Let us know when you have the report in hand.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 01-06-2013, 08:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 550IX M Sport
Does this effect the 550xi

It's going in tomorrow and wondering if I should ask them to upgrade the software it's a 2012

D
Old 01-06-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercomputers View Post
Does this effect the 550xi

It's going in tomorrow and wondering if I should ask them to upgrade the software it's a 2012

D
The N63 Motor is not covered by the SIB.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 01-06-2013, 08:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 s28i X1
The BMS unit helped with tip-in on our X1 (n26) when in DS mode, but not in D. Sure is fun to drive in DS now though!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:09 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 5281 Sport
It has been about a month and 800 miles now and the latest software update seems to still be working great. No signs of the adaptive controls having any effect on it. It not only has eliminated the hesitation problem but also has improved overall throttle response. My gas mileage seems to have reduced a bit but I think that is more from the way I am driving it now. It's a real joy to drive now. I think this might finally be the permanent fix this time.

Has anybody else had the update done?
Old 01-07-2013, 05:20 AM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeI View Post
It has been about a month and 800 miles now and the latest software update seems to still be working great. No signs of the adaptive controls having any effect on it. It not only has eliminated the hesitation problem but also has improved overall throttle response. My gas mileage seems to have reduced a bit but I think that is more from the way I am driving it now. It's a real joy to drive now. I think this might finally be the permanent fix this time.

Will be going in a week from today.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 01-07-2013, 05:50 AM

Mein Auto: 5
Quote:

Thanks for the update!

Sounds like this is it!

I'm going to schedule mine for the update soon.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:44 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 528i
Quote:

Yeah, I got mine done last week, car drives much better than before; smoother off the line, no more jerking when slowing down and re-accelerating, and a more linear throttle response overall.

However, I'll reserve my final judgement after driving it a couple more weeks.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 330i
Does this tip in issue affect all 535i's or just some? I am in the market to purchase a new car and had my heart set on a 535i. However, this tip in issue would be a real deal breaker. If it is random, that may also be a deal breaker as I would worry I couldn't identify it during a test drive.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Festaholic

Mein Auto: 2011 535i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresearcher View Post
Does this tip in issue affect all 535i's or just some? I am in the market to purchase a new car and had my heart set on a 535i. However, this tip in issue would be a real deal breaker. If it is random, that may also be a deal breaker as I would worry I couldn't identify it during a test drive.
I have a 2011 and its acceptable. Pull the trigger and bring her home

2011 535i Sport (Prem 1, 2)
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 PM

That is great to hear. I may also consider the 550i if it does better in this regard (and if my bonus comes through!).
Old 01-07-2013, 09:39 PM

Mein Auto: '11 535i, '99 328i retd
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeep1 View Post
I have a 2011 and its acceptable. Pull the trigger and bring her home
Same here. Mine is quite sweet. I test drove 3 times and had no surprises. Test is as much as you want. The dealer won't mind. It is not random, at least in mine (and others too as it seems).

Quote:
That is great to hear. I may also consider the 550i if it does better in this regard (and if my bonus comes through!).
No, don't do this... based on reports that 550 starts off in 2nd gear in D, that to me is a complete show-stopper. I love mine when pulling away from the lights.... 1st....2nd... 3rd... Always the same (unless it's a turn), always predictable, simply sweet...
Old 01-08-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi799 View Post
Same here. Mine is quite sweet. I test drove 3 times and had no surprises. Test is as much as you want. The dealer won't mind. It is not random, at least in mine (and others too as it seems).

For the folks on this thread who are experiencing throttle tip in issues, was the issue apparent during the buying process or did it get worse over time? Back in the '90s I had an Audi A4 1.8T that had the worst turbo lag ever and I swore that I would never have a car like that again. I have test driven a 535i and did not notice any throttle lag but wonder if it would not be apparent in the excitement of the test drive situation. For those folks that are experiencing it, when did you first notice and start to care?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 Dinan 550xi
Shawn
I have the IATA/p report and it says the following
IATA/p 48.3.001

Integration level
F010-12-11-503

Does that help

Btw car is back and runs really well... I don't think however I had any of the tip in issues so I can't comment on that part of it, acceleration is different but that could be one o two things... I spent almost 5 weeks in. 528 loaner, and the dinan stage II has been altered by dinan in the version I have to change power delivery in acceleration for th xi models....

It's very smooth so far
Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmguy View Post
Shawn
I have the IATA/p report and it says the following
IATA/p 48.3.001

Integration level
F010-12-11-503

Does that help

Btw car is back and runs really well... I don't think however I had any of the tip in issues so I can't comment on that part of it, acceleration is different but that could be one o two things... I spent almost 5 weeks in. 528 loaner, and the dinan stage II has been altered by dinan in the version I have to change power delivery in acceleration for th xi models....

It's very smooth so far
Yes, thank you. So, it seems 48.3 is out. However, for F10 Chassis, the Integration Level of F010-12-11-503 is unchanged from 48.2, so nothing new there.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 528i
Quote:
For the folks on this thread who are experiencing throttle tip in issues, was the issue apparent during the buying process or did it get worse over time? Back in the '90s I had an Audi A4 1.8T that had the worst turbo lag ever and I swore that I would never have a car like that again. I have test driven a 535i and did not notice any throttle lag but wonder if it would not be apparent in the excitement of the test drive situation. For those folks that are experiencing it, when did you first notice and start to care?
Yes, I think it gets worse over time. There is a procedure to reset the adpative throttle which pretty much cures the tip-in problem, but then it returns after a week or two. If I were a BMW salesperson, I'd reset the throttle before every test drive.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
It's....NOT.....turbo.....lag.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 01-08-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Sorry about that. I am new to this forum. I did not mean to offend!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
See what I mean Needs. I've been f%^&* saying from Day ONE: the ONLY reason we cannot get to the bottom of this is because we are comparing apples to oranges. There is no hope for these threads in the future or at least not without a lot of frustrations on a way.

Just trade the damn thing in and visit these useless threads only to kill time like me LOL (and to think I really have no time to kill! )
Old 01-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Festaholic

Quote:
Don't sweat it bro. It has been an exhausting discussion for a while. Most throttle delay issues in other turbo vehicles often deal with turbo lag. This response issue and frustration is well described in the "official" thread:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...light=throttle

I will say after my last update in mid summer, things were pretty much resolved.

Last edited by BigDeep1; 01-08-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
No problem. There is a lot of misinformation and confilicting posts.

Bottom line, if you have a problem, you'll know it! I think a lot of people are inventing it in their head, to be honest.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj1013 View Post
I had my car updated to 2.48.2 last week and so far, the delay is gone.
2 weeks later and it seems the tip in delay is coming back
Old 01-10-2013, 04:06 PM

Mein Auto: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj1013 View Post
2 weeks later and it seems the tip in delay is coming back
Sigh...
Old 01-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Festaholic

My F10 is not my daily driver. After driving it todat, I consistently noticed the frustrating tip in issue

Old 01-10-2013, 07:39 PM

Gees.. not to sound like a broken record, but... again... what exactly do you mean by the tip in?