Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 01-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i
How to disable "beep" when lock/unlock doors via remote

Hi,
Is there anyway i can disable "beeping" when press lock/unlock on the remote. My beep kindda loud and I am not comfortable when get home late when locking the car with loud beep.
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2013, 12:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 X3 2.5i
The default state is visual (lights) rather than acoustic (annoying beep) locking/unlocking, so someone must have had that changed at the dealership on delivery or subsequently.

Unless you have a very close relationship with a Service Manager I think it will cost about $100 to get it changed, and then you might as well see if any other options should get done at the same time.

See: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...31&postcount=2
Old 01-07-2013, 12:34 PM

I think the previous owner may have changed to the "beep" at the dealership. I thought something that I can get done by press some combination buttons to turn on/off the beep. My infiniti G37 can press few combination on the keyless remote to disable the beep or enable it anytime without needed to go to dealership for programming. I guess I have to live with this "annoying beep" then
Old 01-07-2013, 01:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 X3 2.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk535i View Post
.... My infiniti G37 can press few combination on the keyless remote to disable the beep or enable it anytime without needed to go to dealership for programming.
Yes, just a different approach by automakers.

Nissan have always liked to keep things simple, or in the user's hands.

Good to hear that even with a G37 (Intelli key?) you can still change from beep to lights whenever you want.

I was beginning to think that once a key was 1-piece with a transponder, as opposed to a separate fob, things like that were out of the user's hands.

Keep you ears out for anyone in the neighborhood who can come by with their laptop and BMW s/w to do it for $40 or so.

AFTERTHOUGHT: factory alarm is quite a rare option on the X3 and is only way to have a beep on arming/disarming. Unless you have an aftermarket alarm,
in which case silencing the beep should be possible as a DIY if you know what brand it is.

Last edited by Supercourse; 01-07-2013 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Afterthought
Old 01-08-2013, 09:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 MT
Hey, I'll trade you problems. I'd like to have the beep as an audible reminder that I've locked my car. Right now all I have are the lights that blink. I understood that the beep only happens if you have an alarm (I agree with SuperCourse) so if you somehow have a beep without an alarm, please let us know!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:31 AM

My car has the alarm instlled that's why I got beep when locking/unlocking with remote. The beep kindda annoying me especially when I get home late at night and use the remote to lock the car. Of course I part my car out side the garage . Thought that BMW may make it easy for everyone that can disable or enable the beep anytime without go to dealership pay them for re_pogramming.