Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-09-2013, 04:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i
Only way to satisfy your curiosity is to do it

Last edited by McMoney; 01-09-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:33 AM

Mein Auto: Volvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55 View Post
Just a word about the run-flats: did he say the tire is the 3rd generation Bridgestone RE960AS? They are so much better and for you it would be good to get the car with them.
Sorry for late response. He did not say anything. I am very new to this RFT. By now probably is too late, since they have ordered them probably.

Thanks million
Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoney View Post
Only way to satisfy your curiosity is to do it
You are absolutely right. Experience is the most costly commodity in our lives. It comes with a huge price tag.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverX3 View Post
take it
It seems that it sounds good to you too. How are prices down under?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 323i 6sp
Manual is the way to go for a sporty vehicle, but if you are often in stop-and-go traffic it can become a nuissance. I drive a 6spd and it really enhances my driving experiance. Also, all wheel drive might impact on the sporty characteristics of the car, but depending on your daily driving conditions that might be a must.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Chicks dig Wagons!

Mein Auto: E91
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55 View Post
Just a word about the run-flats: did he say the tire is the 3rd generation Bridgestone RE960AS? They are so much better and for you it would be good to get the car with them.
I don't see the big deal about the 3G RE960. I have them on my E91, and they're OK. They don't ride all that much better than the summer-only Kuhmos I used to have, and the downgrade in handling is very noticeable.

They are wearing well, and seem pretty quiet. But, I probably won't get another set.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 e91 X-drive, 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
I don't see the big deal about the 3G RE960. I have them on my E91, and they're OK. They don't ride all that much better than the summer-only Kuhmos I used to have, and the downgrade in handling is very noticeable.

They are wearing well, and seem pretty quiet. But, I probably won't get another set.
I like them a lot compare to my first OEM RFs. The ride and even handling are better, now the car doesn't get air born on every bump, and as you mentioned they are quiet.
I also liked my previous Conti DWS slightly better, but the pleasure of not having a spare outweighs it.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:49 PM

Mein Auto: 328i Xdrive T
e91 2009 XDrive automatic

Reading this thread. I just bought an e91 Xdrive automatic space grey. 45k miles, CPO, 4 new tires. Mass dealer, (but I live in Maine) for $28k... and I used some financing. 0.9% (why not) Driven the car for about 100 miles so far. So far so good.

A few thoughts....

- disappointed there is no Sat radio.
- blue tooth for my iphone is great
- what is with the 'symphony' tone playing very loudly through all 10 speakers when I get in the car and don't instantly click in my seatbelt, or when I leave the key in the car when I get out!!?? Any way to shut that off, or at least turn it down?!! My gosh! I am sure the neighbors can hear it!!
- going to go with the run flats for now (creep through the rest of this winter with them on) but then will find a spare and a jack (yes I have been reading the other threads) and put on Michelin tires for summer and studded snows for winter
- last three cars have been Audi. A4 1.8T wagon 5-speed, then a A6 2.7T auto, and still now a 2005 A4 3.2 auto. So this is our first BMW, so we shall see how the comparison unfolds.
- Also read the "adjust your lights" forum, because the lights on low beam, (xeon) seem to be very very low... shooting out what seems like only about 25 feet! (probably more)... so I need to work on that.

anyway... just my thoughts and experience so far....

Last edited by Beauly; 02-28-2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: fixing my grammar....