Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05 645Ci
Couple of quick questions

Hey, had the day off today, so going through everything and noticed a couple of things. I'm sure they've been covered ad nauseum here, so forgive me.

Looking at my OG window sticker, my 6er is fairly stock, only the L7 is billed. But I noticed that I have a couple of things that I didn't think were standard, but appear to be on the 05.

Is the 8.8 iDrive screen with NAV standard? I thought the 6.6 one was. Also, is that screen HD and is there anyway to play DVD's through the NAV DVD drive?

Is the ambiance lighting package standard on the 05? It's fantastic, totally in love with it.

Other little things I thought cost extra; the lumbar. The WB, weather band station, don't ask me why, didn't think everyone had that. Weird thing is, there's no heated steering wheel? I know the button is in an odd spot, but it's not there. I posted I had the cold weather package, but I don't.

Blue tooth works great, but there's no way to stream music from your iPhone, right? And it says, cell phone hookup, which I thought meant a holder and outlight in the center console, but there's nothing there. Also, there's no hotel function in the center console or valet keys.

For the power outlights, I have the lighter in the ashtray and the hidden one under the passenger side glove, which doesn't seem to work with my iPhone charger, but my lighter does. So basically, there are only 2 power plugs? Seems strange, I thought I read there was one in the glove box, wish there was, so I could leave my phone plugged in and locked. But if I do leave my phone plugged in, it shuts off with the car right, so it won't drain the battery? Which is great if it does, every other car I had kept charging, which I don't want in case I forget and leave something plugged in.

Also, having trouble programming my garage door opener, didn't think that was standard either? But I followed the instructions, repeated many times, but it's a no go. Is there any trick to that I'm missing?

Anyway, loving the car. Quite simply, one of the finest automobiles ever made, it's a sexy beast! Going to get some more pics up this weekend.