Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians
Old 01-11-2013, 07:49 AM

Mein Auto: 328i Vermillion Red
Oh yeah.. I know that route. lol

When I drove from NJ to LGA a few months back I was in disbelief at the road conditions in some spots, esp coming off some of those ramps. Seriously it was worse than 3rd world country roads I've driven in. What I never understand about the highways around NYC are they always seem to be 'under construction' but never fixed!! Like I remember a few years ago the little bridge over the Bruckner Expressway had been under construction is seemed for 10 years (I think they left now). There is road construction EVERYWHERE but the roads still suck. Is it corruption of some sort? I have no clue.

The more I read about RFTs the more nervous I'm getting about picking up my BMW this weekend. It's like I'm buying a car meant for 'drivers' but in an area with roads built for Hummers. I can't go on long distance trips because a flat could end up costing some crazy amount of time and money. I can't drive into town much, have to be vigilant of avoiding potholes and plates, and supposedly running over a nail can end up costing $600 to repair (it seems alot of posts of people running over nails and ruining their RFTs)...so of course I'll have to shell out more then I thought for friggin tire insurance.

I really wonder what the decision by BMW to switch to RFTs. I've read their PR releases on the subject but didn't really ring true to me. I suppose I can understand the 'safety' argument (the dangers of changing a tire, etc) but when I had flats with my MB coupe in the past, I would just press the button and they'd come and change the tire, so it wasn't like you had to get out and change your own tire on the highway.