Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2013, 10:33 AM

Mein Auto: 250CDI - 328 MSport onway
Don't do it! Go for the BMW!

After 5 x 3 series, I was tempted by a deal for the MB C250 CDI Edition 125. I'm in a 3 year contract but I'm exiting after 14 months as the build quality is shocking in comparison to a 3 Series.

Squeaks and rattles are common in my car together with a speaker cutting out (only in cold weather). The vibration from the C250CDI engine is reminiscent of a tractor and the lethargy from the auto gearbox even in sport mode makes any overtaking manoeuvre a major planning exercise!

Ultimately, it depends what you are looking for - sitting in the F30 felt like I was coming home. Cant speak yet for the build quality of the F30, but my E46's and E90's were superb. By contrast, the MB has left me very disappointed - it is uninvolving to drive and the dealers are more concerned each time with ensuring that you provide them with a positive response to surveys than actually dealing with the client. BMW by contrast let their product do the talking.

If this sounds like a rant, it is not meant to be. I'm just so disappointed with the MB ownership experience. I will leave you with one story to illustrate the ownership experience - my car was booked in for a service and 2 days before it was due, I received a phone call asking me to defer the appointment for 2 weeks as my car was due an "upgrade". An upgrade I queried and asked what it involved and was advised that they would replace the injection system. As there are mixed reports on the internet of the replacement injectors, I asked whether I could defer and was told that I would not be covered under my warranty if I chose not to have the work done (there was nothing wrong with my car).
I therefore queried, "surely this is a recall then" to which the reply came "oh no sir, this is not a recall, it is an upgrade". The parts were delayed, so my car was in the workshop for 5 days and when I got it back, I still had the pieces of paper wedged in my dashboard to stop the rattles, despite a request to look at them again (previous attempt to cure failed) as they didn't have time.

Last edited by crazybones; 01-11-2013 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Spelling and add info