Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:01 AM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Increasing startup delay

Dos anyone know how to increase the startup delay for the navigation so that I always get to see the M logo or BMW graphic when starting the car? Sometimes the navigation starts quickly and you miss the M logo.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels

Last edited by Stealth.Pilot; 01-01-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 01-01-2013, 11:10 AM
The Driver

Has no one found anything on this? It is relevant on non-M models to since it determines whether you get the BMW logo in the HUD and on the Control display when starting the car.

One field which I am curious might be the right one, but which I haven't played with is "HEAD_BOOT_UP_TIMEOUT" which is described as "timer nachdem spaetestens Laufende Gesprache nach aufstart Im fahrzeug gefuhrt werden konnen (syncmarker)"

Current value wert_15 werte=0F

Not sure what wert_15 werte=0F means? I would have thought it would have a werte in seconds if it was a boot up delay timer....

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Old 01-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot View Post
Has no one found anything on this? It is relevant on non-M models to since it determines whether you get the BMW logo in the HUD and on the Control display when starting the car.

One field which I am curious might be the right one, but which I haven't played with is "HEAD_BOOT_UP_TIMEOUT" which is described as "timer nachdem spaetestens Laufende Gesprache nach aufstart Im fahrzeug gefuhrt werden konnen (syncmarker)"

Current value wert_15 werte=0F

Not sure what wert_15 werte=0F means? I would have thought it would have a werte in seconds if it was a boot up delay timer....
I can't comment on the actual FDL Code you are looking for to extend the Boot Logo, but I will comment on werte values in general.

Werte values are all in Hexidecimal, including ones representing time. For example, for GWF_IW_DAUER, which is the duration of the initial Seatbelt Gong, it defaults to 0C Hex, which is 12 Decimal, and for this particular FDL Code, each Decimal Value represents .5 seconds, so 0C Hex is 12 Decimal, x .5 seconds = 6 Seconds. So a change to 4 Hex would be 4 decimal, x .5 seconds = a 2 Second long Initial Gong.

For HEAD_BOOT_UP_TIMEOUT, a werte value of 0F = 15, so in this case I assume no multiplier as one is not stated in the comment, I would guess whatever it is this represents, that it is set for 15 seconds.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 01-02-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:31 AM
The Driver

Thanks Shawn. This was helpful. Unfortunately this didn't seem to make a difference so it may be the wrong FDL for my purpose.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Old 01-02-2013, 05:57 PM
The Driver

Turns out the setting I referenced above is the time delay between starting the car and being able to make a phone call.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Old 01-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Turns out the setting I referenced above is the time delay between starting the car and being able to make a phone call.
Not much value in that.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 01-02-2013, 06:33 PM
The Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Not much value in that.
Well actually it is between bootup and using the phone. May be some value in cutting it from 15s to 0s. But it's not something anyone cares about!

2014 ///M5 Individual
Old 01-04-2013, 05:48 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Quote:
Well actually it is between bootup and using the phone. May be some value in cutting it from 15s to 0s. But it's not something anyone cares about!
Based on the German description it is the time delay for how long you can use the phone before it will switch over to the car after starting (ie transfer an existing conversation from the phone to the car/BT)

I haven't had time yet to look for the logo display and wonder if the "HUD_START_UP_SCREEN_ANZ_ZEIT" field is relevant as it states it's the time the boot / startup display will be shown in the HUD.
If all else fails you can always just press the volume button for 15sec and it will reboot your iDrive and you get to see the ///M logo
Old 01-11-2013, 12:49 PM

Mein Auto: F01
As it's an M car, it should load FASTER, no? Haha.