Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Missing German roads

Mein Auto: X1 xDrive35i
BMW Of Murray & BMW of Pleasant Grove - Vastly sub par

Both these dealerships are run by the same back end management which I think is the fundamental problem. BMW of Pleasant Grove is mainly a satellite office for BMW of Murray and has 2-3 CA's, 1 receptionist, and 1 pseudo GM there at most while I've heard BMW of Murray has 17 CA's of which probably 7 or 8 work at any time.

Short explanation: Unless you're willing to do a simple sale and pick something from the lot and are also willing to pay towards the highest % profit asked of most any BMW dealership in the US you likely won't have a good experience. Come in your finest clothing, driving your Bentley, be willing to take whatever they want to sell you and then you should have a good experience. I've never seen such an elitist dealership and it's deplorable.

New sales guys are helpful at both locations, know the products well and return calls promptly. Seasoned CA's at BMW of Murray are arrogant, know very little about anything other than
what a sticker says, size up their customers and treat them based on assumptions, in our case quite inaccurately and offending. More seasoned CA at BMW of Pleasant Grove CA had little
respect for our time and either played games or has a very short term memory yet their newest CA was wonderful and helpful but often got pushed aside or sent to do grunt work.

On reference from other members here, we contacted Rick Williams from BMW of Idaho Falls which was a night and day difference and we are now doing an ED through that dealership. It will require a 6 hour drive to pickup the car on re-delivery but very much worth it to give him the sale over the Utah BMW dealerships.

Edit:
If you're interested in the full story please PM me. It's pretty detailed and I mention a few names so I won't post it here. In short, we were wrongly led on for 2 months, had a CA ask us for the same information 3-4 times and each time we went in, on their request to come in because they had it all figured out, we had to start from square 1 and the same piece of information came up each time and the CA acted like he'd never seen it before and said he'd check into it and call us. He never called after weeks, we had to call and even those calls were not returned at times, We were told things like, "my boss didn't give me an answer, I can't ask him too soon again or it will make him upset." They wasted hours of our time and theirs. We even received a call yesterday from the main CA of BMW of PG saying they now don't think they'll get any information for a month and it will be two months before we can put in an order -- strange considering our car is already ordered from BMW of IF and has an allocation cleared for ED. I thanked him for his time and said we couldn't wait 2 months and I'd have to get a car from another dealership to which he responded that he'd let me know when we can order a car from them.

I have no experience with Service, though I've heard good things.

Last edited by edx1; 01-11-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 05-03-2013, 10:53 PM
M-FIVE

Mein Auto: E39 M5
Service dept. BMW of Murray,UT

I have been doing business with BMW of Murray for the past 17 years. PROFIT is all this dealership cares about. I have purchased a 325 convertible and an X5. both used cars I paid retail for. They were clean cars. I just didn't have the time to shop out of state.... The service department is also geared to make maximum profit. Big money repairs. X5 battery with installation over $400... I have given over $7,000. in repair business to this dealership on my M5 in the last 4 years. Last month I picked up my car from BMW of Murray service. I did a walk around to make sure there was no dings. This M5 is in perfect condition. The following Saturday. I jack up the car to change out my 18's for my extra set of 19's. I looked under the front spoiler and saw a scrape & crack. Not visible unless I got on my knees and looked under the car during my walk around at the dealer. I then called DAVE HANSEN. Service manager. Took the "M" in and explained to DAVE what I found. DAVE HANSEN began to tell me how stupid his customers are because they go in and out of steep drive ways and never notice they scraped up their car. He then began to belittle my car by pointing out a rock chip in the hood and windshield. He finally said, "we are not fixing that ding" "Do you understand"? I know now, this ding in the spoiler is all my business is worth to BMW of Murray. Not the past or future business. DON'T take your car to this dealers service dept. DAVE HANSEN has used the dealerships influence by Black-listing my VIN # from any Parts. They will not sell any parts to Other shops for repair on my cars VIN#. I have notified BMW of North America. Currently waiting for responds.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:19 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Diegs14
Mein Auto: 2011 335i Coupe
I am new to Utah and did not purchase my vehicle from any of the Utah dealers, but I have taken it twice to the Murray dealership for maintenance service. Unfortunately, there has always been some type of "issue" both times I've taken it there. The Pleasant Grove dealership is farther than the Murray one, but I am willing to try my luck with them. Im definitely not taking it back to the Murray dealership!

2011 335i Coupe |6MT |Jet Black |Black Dakota Leather |Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim |Premium |Sport |Convenience |Navigation |Smart Phone |Heated Seats |iPod |HK Surround |Tinted Windows |Black Grilles| In other words, STOCK