Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 01-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535i M-sport
Aww man you guys love planning stuff on a night that I can't make it out. I have a couple clients in town Thursday night, so I cannot make it. But let's not wait so long to have the next one.

On another note, I got a damn bubble in my front right RFT.. Luckily I reached out to Dunlop directly and filed a claim. I am about to drop it off at a local shop to see if I can get it replaced under the goodyear factory warranty. Fingers crossed!

Previous BMW's: 87' 528e / 04' 325i / 07' 335i / 08' 335i / 08' 535i
Old 01-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Festaholic

Mein Auto: 2011 535i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Aww man you guys love planning stuff on a night that I can't make it out. I have a couple clients in town Thursday night, so I cannot make it. But let's not wait so long to have the next one.

On another note, I got a damn bubble in my front right RFT.. Luckily I reached out to Dunlop directly and filed a claim. I am about to drop it off at a local shop to see if I can get it replaced under the goodyear factory warranty. Fingers crossed!
Aw snap! There goes our security detail .

First date night, now this! Sucks we are going to miss you. Are you sure you can't bring your clients AND company credit card to Sfuzzi?

2011 535i Sport (Prem 1, 2)
Old 01-08-2013, 10:43 AM

Security detail.

Well just an FYI for those of you who have some new RFTs and did not purchase the tire warranty. Dunlop/Goodyear has a factory warranty for road hazard damage and will replace or heavily discount the damaged tire if you contact them directly and open a claim. I will get 70% off of my front right RFT for a bubble that I noticed last night. Granted our tires are not carried around in every shop so I have to wait a couple days till the tire gets delivered. But 70% off is a hell of alot better than paying for a new one full price.

Click for warranty info

Old 01-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Ride On!

Mein Auto: 2012 535i MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeep1 View Post
Aw snap! There goes our security detail .
This is too funny.

That's great Ramble, I didn't buy the warranty since I plan to switch the tires to non-rft after I've gotten my use out of the rft. So this info will come in handy.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Bimmer App

BMWCCA #474327

2012 F10 535i MSport
mods: Vollkommen front lip|M5 grill|M5 exhaust|M5 diffuser|Vibrant resonator|BMS stage 1|ACS springs|Suntek full front-end clearbra|FormulaOne Pinnacle tint 35%|clear reflectors|rear fog light switch|JBL ms-8 audio processor|Morel subwoofer
Old 01-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Festaholic

Glad the sun is coming out. Looking forward to seeing everyone this evening! Who ever gets there first (probably Binh - CyclePimps), can you post here where you are sitting.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:27 PM

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
So, who is in besides the three of us?
Old 01-10-2013, 03:00 PM
Ride On!

Tim should be there today as well. I might not make it out until about 5:45pm as I'm trying to wrap up some work. See you guys there.

BMWCCA #474327

2012 F10 535i MSport
mods: Vollkommen front lip|M5 grill|M5 exhaust|M5 diffuser|Vibrant resonator|BMS stage 1|ACS springs|Suntek full front-end clearbra|FormulaOne Pinnacle tint 35%|clear reflectors|rear fog light switch|JBL ms-8 audio processor|Morel subwoofer
Old 01-10-2013, 03:02 PM

Mein Auto: F10 535i
I'm actually on the way..
Old 01-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Festaholic

Leaving work on the way too. I think it will be Tony (Miami), Binh(CyclePimp), me (Pradeep) and Tim (with the F10 blue Batmobile).

Old 01-10-2013, 03:35 PM

Mein Auto: F10 535i
I and the wife are sitting at the bar. Just come in and ask the hostess for Tim

Last edited by tim817; 01-10-2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-11-2013, 06:40 AM
Festaholic

It was good seeing everyone last night! Miami, it was good to see your tagless F10 . I am beginning to wonder if it was an ED or a CD (Cuba delivery). Lol - just messing with ya bro. Congrats on finally getting her. She is really sharp!!

Tim, it was great meeting you (and your wife) last night. That matte blue is very sexy. Funny - Tim was saying how at the last B-meet he went to, his car got more attention that an F10-M that was there. Skillz!

CyclePimps was mentioning how we should try and organize a caravan to Houston for some coding from ShawnSheridan. I know EIAlfonso has also started coding; however, I have not followed up to see how many tricks he can pull out of his hat (errr...I mean USB).

Feb 2nd will be the next Cars and Coffee. I know Feb can be tricky with the cold weather. I am off and am willing to go if anyone else is interested. We can wait until we get the weather forecast before we discuss it further.

RambleJ, I think one of the bartenders might have been related to you! He looked like a white gorrilla in suspenders, with a tatoo right under his throat. He may kill people on the part-time, but in the meanwhile he kept the cold brews coming to the F10 crew (and Miami's vodka pinkies - they were Vodka cranberries, even though they looked like Shirley Temples).

Perhaps my most enlightening moment last night was when the bar tender recommended this bad boy:

http://www.batch19.com/

Aight DFW, see you on the next episode!

Old 01-11-2013, 06:49 AM

Quote:
It was good seeing everyone last night! Miami, it was good to see your tagless F10 . I am beginning to wonder if it was an ED or a CD (Cuba delivery). Lol - just messing with ya bro. Congrats on finally getting her. She is really sharp!!
Thanks good to see you guys, she will be on the streets in no times.

Quote:

Tim, it was great meeting you (and your wife) last night. That matte blue is very sexy. Funny - Tim was saying how at the last B-meet he went to, his car got more attention that an F10-M that was there. Skillz!
Good to meet you Tim - your wife has excellent taste since we found out it was all here idea...

Quote:
CyclePimps was mentioning how we should try and organize a caravan to Houston for some coding from ShawnSheridan. I know EIAlfonso has also started coding; however, I have not followed up to see how many tricks he can pull out of his hat (errr...I mean USB).
Wow, wow - now you are giving Cycle credit for my big salad??? Seinfeld reference for those of you who don't know it. Let me know as I have pinged him about doing this in the past. With my new schedule - it will be tough to do for me.

Quote:

Feb 2nd will be the next Cars and Coffee. I know Feb can be tricky with the cold weather. I am off and am willing to go if anyone else is interested. We can wait until we get the weather forecast before we discuss it further.

RambleJ, I think one of the bartenders might have been related to you! He looked like a white gorrilla in suspenders, with a tatoo right under his throat. He may kill people on the part-time, but in the meanwhile he kept the cold brews coming to the F10 crew (and Miami's vodka pinkies - they were Vodka cranberries, even though they looked like Shirley Temples).

Perhaps my most enlightening moment last night was when the bar tender recommended this bad boy:

Old 01-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Festaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
Wow, wow - now you are giving Cycle credit for my big salad??? Seinfeld reference for those of you who don't know it. Let me know as I have pinged him about doing this in the past. With my new schedule - it will be tough to do for me.
Lol Lol. My bad buddy! When in doubt, I give credit to the Asians .

Old 01-11-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Lol Lol. My bad buddy! When in doubt, I give credit to the Asians .
Haha, true that -
Old 01-11-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:

Sounds like a good time. I will definitely have to make it to the next one.. Let's not make the time in between so long this time.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Haha, true that -
What's going on?? Did you go find some salt to pound?? That thread turned to crap real quick.. I think Pete had hit thirsty thursday a little too hard.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Festaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
What's going on?? Did you go find some salt to pound?? That thread turned to crap real quick.. I think Pete had hit thirsty thursday a little too hard.
Lmao!! That dude has major issues. If anyone is wondering what we are talking about, it's from this thread:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...68#post7304968

A couple of Pete's famous posts:

I think the posters that don't run the tunes are full of bull. I own my car and can own 5 of them if I want. This is a very effective tune and it has a meaningful impact on performance. If you don't have one, or lease your car and don't want to install one, or finance your car and can't bring yourself to do it...go pound salt. Anyone reading this thread should take stalk in the owners who have installed it...... it makes a big difference.

You should be out. You can't afford the car or the tune. No one give a rat's ass what you think. You don't have the tune. You won't implement the tune because it might affect your lease or your loan. Who cares???? The guys who run these tunes know how they work. You don't. Glad you're out. Get lost.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:16 PM

That last one was the one that got him banned, it was at me.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Ride On!

Quote:
That last one was the one that got him banned, it was at me.
Hey, Miami. I've got more salt if you're done.

Quote:
Wow, wow - now you are giving Cycle credit for my big salad??? Seinfeld reference for those of you who don't know it.
Seinfeld: The Big Salad

George: oh, . . .because she handed you the bag. I could have handed you the bag. She happened to pick it up at the restaurant even though, . . .

Elaine: Even though what?

George: . . . naw, it's just you thanked HER, and and oh, . . . what's the difference?

Elaine: What? What are you trying to say, George?

George: It's just that I was the one who actually paid for the big salad. She just happened to hand it to you. But it's no big deal.

Elaine: You want the money for the big salad, George?

George: No, no,

Elaine: What is the problem?

George: There is no problem. . . just a small miscommunication. Whereby you thanked her instead of the person actually responsible for purchasing the big salad.

This is so classic! Just replace Elaine with Deep, George with Miami and HER with Cycle.

BMWCCA #474327

2012 F10 535i MSport
Old 01-12-2013, 06:07 AM
Festaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclePimps View Post
Seinfeld: The Big Salad

George: oh, . . .because she handed you the bag. I could have handed you the bag. She happened to pick it up at the restaurant even though, . . .

Elaine: Even though what?

George: . . . naw, it's just you thanked HER, and and oh, . . . what's the difference?

Elaine: What? What are you trying to say, George?

George: It's just that I was the one who actually paid for the big salad. She just happened to hand it to you. But it's no big deal.

Elaine: You want the money for the big salad, George?

George: No, no,

Elaine: What is the problem?

George: There is no problem. . . just a small miscommunication. Whereby you thanked her instead of the person actually responsible for purchasing the big salad.

This is so classic! Just replace Elaine with Deep, George with Miami and HER with Cycle.
Hahahaha!!!

Miami, I get to play the pretty lady this time!

Old 01-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Ride On!

Anyone going out to Dallas Cars and Coffee this Saturday?

BMWCCA #474327

2012 F10 535i MSport
Old 01-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Festaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclePimps View Post
Anyone going out to Dallas Cars and Coffee this Saturday?
I am free and should be good to go!

Who else is in?

Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 AM
MPowered RPh

Mein Auto: '11 M3 Comp & '12 528Xi
breaking my silence - Working this weekend

'12 528i xDrive/Mohave/Beige/Premium/gadgets

'11 M3 - Coupe/Space Gray/Black/Aluminum/Comp/Conv/Cold/Prem2/CF all around
Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to rok8man
Mein Auto: BMW 535i
Quote:
I am free and should be good to go!

Who else is in?
What time are you guys meeting? Its just down the road from me...... I may tag along as well.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:59 AM
Festaholic

Not sure what the general consensus will agree on, but arriving around 730 is ideal. This will improve our chances for getting a parking spot in the show. The official C&C is 8-10am; however, cars start leaving around 9 or 930. Other people I know usually arrive by 630 to park.