Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Performance Center Delivery

Performance Center Delivery
Are you interested in picking up your new BMW at the Performance Delivery Center in beautiful South Carolina? Get all your questions about picking up your car answered here by staff from the Performance Delivery Center and other members who have already had the experience! ... View the PDC Wiki -- View the Delivery Date Calendar -- Add Your Delivery Date to the Calendar

Old 01-07-2013, 08:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW Z4 28i
Question Financing and PCD

New member here, anxiously awaiting an update on the Z4 I ordered on 12/29. After reading about PCD, my husband and I want to do it, but have a few questions that I couldn't find an answer to in existing posts, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

I will have financing through BMW; will I settle all of that with my dealer before I make the trip to Greenville, or is that handled as part of the delivery?

I haven't received tracking info yet, so I'm worried that the extra time involved with PCD will push me past the 60 day lock period for the holiday cash incentive that was part of my deal. Has anyone encountered this situation with their own delivery? It will probably be the deciding factor on whether or not we pursue PCD.

Thank you!
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2013, 03:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X6M
You handle everything with your dealer, all paperwork, financing, etc., and at PCD you just take delivery of the car and have fun!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:54 PM

Mein Auto: '13 335i Sport
I think the financing is all locked in as soon as you order. You shouldn't have to receive the car within the lock period in order to keep holiday offers. I might suggest asking this in the Ask-a-Dealer forum as well.

2013 335i Sport Line PPK | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZDH | ZCW | 2TB | ZTP | ZPP | 508+3AG | 5AC
Old 01-09-2013, 07:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 M3 coupe ZCP DCT
OP, good question and I don't have the experience to give you a proper answer. I agree with KLC, post this question in "Ask a Delaler". My thinking would be that the paperwork is handled by your F&I Mgr prior to pick-up (at PCD). In a way, scary, as you are signing for a vehicle not witnessed by you. Though I would think the quality control and inspection would be top-notch directly at BMW.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d
There is no cause for concern. Your dealer handles everything. At the PC all you do is have fun, eat good food, drive the H**L out of a similar BMW, take delivery of your car and then enjoy the drive home in your new BMW. I would only be concerned if your dealer has never done a PCD before. Otherwise it should be a piece of cake. Be sure to drive the "Tail of the Dragon" on the way back to Ohio. Your Z is the perfect car for this drive. Hopefully you will have good weather. A PCD makes taking delivery of a new BMW an even more special event. Combining a European Delivery with a PCD is the ultimate experience. Enjoy!

Added: Hopefully the guys at the PC are still offering rides in an M car at the end of the day. Be sure to take them up on it. The look on my wife's face in the back seat when we were powersliding through the curves in an M5 was priceless!

Colonel (Ret) US Army / Hagerstown, MD
1985 M635 Euro Alpine White/Pacific Blue (Fun Car)
2010 Z4 s30i Alpine White/Beige
2013 Audi A6 Ibis White/Nougat (Daily Driver)
2013 Audi A4(Ret)
2011 335d (Ret)
2009 335i vert (Ret)
2007 335i vert (Ret) ED 04-13-10
2000 740iL (Ret)
1998 328iC (Ret)
1990 535i (Ret)
1988 635CSi (Ret)

https://plus.google.com/photos/10999...COHGu-rlyIrrLg

Last edited by rmorin49; 01-09-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X6M
^^

Good advice!!!

I'll be driving the Tail of the Dragon in my X6M next week after my PCD!!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 335i
Thumbs up M5 ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin49 View Post
There is no cause for concern. Your dealer handles everything. At the PC all you do is have fun, eat good food, drive the H**L out of a similar BMW, take delivery of your car and then enjoy the drive home in your new BMW. I would only be concerned if your dealer has never done a PCD before. Otherwise it should be a piece of cake. Be sure to drive the "Tail of the Dragon" on the way back to Ohio. Your Z is the perfect car for this drive. Hopefully you will have good weather. A PCD makes taking delivery of a new BMW an even more special event. Combining a European Delivery with a PCD is the ultimate experience. Enjoy!

Added: Hopefully the guys at the PC are still offering rides in an M car at the end of the day. Be sure to take them up on it. The look on my wife's face in the back seat when we were powersliding through the curves in an M5 was priceless!
We just did PCD in October . Yes they are still doing the ride in the M5 Our only regret was that it was only 1 Lap . It was like an "E Ticket" ride @ Disneyland !
June 9,2012 New Order. 2013 335i Sedan, Melbourne Red Metallic Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum, Leather Dakota Black/Red Highlight, 19" Wheels, Premium Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Technology Package, Sport Transmission with Paddles, Htd Front Seats & Harmon Kardon Performance Center Delivery October 9, 2012. BMWCCA Member since April 2006.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW Z4 28i
Thanks for all the feedback. We are tentatively scheduled for PCD on April 5, thanks to our fantastic dealer, Midwestern Auto Group.

We will round out the trip by visiting family in the beautiful mountains around Asheville, and a mandatory run of the Tail of the Dragon, as suggested. I look forward to sharing our experience upon our return.