Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 750Li|Acura Tl TYPE S
I'm at 41000. Any reasons to why it cracks? How much it run you? I think I'm going to get that check out. Weird thing is it works fine for over a week and gives me an error. I would think it would constantly stay in error if that were the case. This car is very confusing. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 750IL
Bad design or thats what i have heard. It was 672.00. Mine would go in to failsafe a couple times a week. Turn it off then on and it would work fine. I did notice before it was fixed my rpm would go up and down when driving slightly up hill. Now it works and shifts like new. I am looking for a big piece of wood to knock on now.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:55 PM

Well I'm gonna take it to the shop this week since dealers are farther and they seem to know what they are doing. Is this an easy DIY? What's involved?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 750IL
http://avtgr.ru/catalog_pics/pdf/inf...hpxx_mecha.pdf
Old 01-12-2013, 07:06 AM

Mein Auto: 545i
Replace fluid and reset adaptive values in inpa.Theres a very long informative thread on all this.Even if fluid is changed adaptive values will be for old fluid and out of range.This is not the gas pedal reset either.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 750Li
I had mine done under warranty.... though it is just a module... according to keif on another trhread-

"He's talking about the bridge seal. You have to take down the mechatronic unit to replace it. Wilson has done this. There is a known issue about the bridge seal (it's a little plastic figure-8 looking thing) cracking and losing pressure.

People have also replaced their IVM (integrated voltage supply module) for similar issues. The IVM is a black box mounted closest to the front of the car inside the E-box where the DME and Valvetronic modules are located. In my set of e-box fan replacement pictures (here) there are a few pictures showing the IVM module (put the mouse over the picture to see labels of the different parts). "
Old 03-25-2013, 03:04 AM

Well after the car ran like a champ for a bit with a couple times acting up 2-3 today finally check engine light came on. Been to the dealers and they never got it to repeat problem. Only problem is the light will stay but cars running good. Any idea on how to get them to keep it to test it? They aren't willing to keep it for too long since they are giving me a loaner and can't get it to act up soon. I love the car and was about to order rims but now I don't know now. Why is this car so complicated. Hate to say it but I think I understand women better than my car for once...it's a sad and frightening thing.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:17 AM

Mein Auto: X3 xDrive35i & 350Z TT
Dang Harmztl...you can't catch a break. I hate the stealerships...they are so self serving. Try to find a reliable independent bmw shop that has seen this issue before. Kind of hard to diagnose over the web. with your low mileage, you really shouldn't be seeing these issues. weird. Pull the codes via OBDII if you have a scanner and post here.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:45 PM

ill pull the codes tomorrow if i get a chance. I only found one shop in my city and they said they've never heard of this before and will charge 100 a hour til they find out whats wrong. I didn't feel comfortable with them charging a 100 per hour to take their time.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:56 PM

well just to give an update after numerous shots by the dealer they have not been able to diagnose it. Its been fairly well lately til today. I hit 45k and today when i stopped at a stop sign and took off, it felt as if someone had rear ended me. Looked in the mirror and there was nothing. My tranny had slammed so hard it literally made me jerk hard in my seat and felt my lower back jerk. Any ideas on what i should do? The good thing is the dealers charged me 129 and said its good til they figure out whats wrong but im tired of taking it 40 miles away to have them look at it and be without a car for days at a time. At the end they say could no duplicate problem as stated. This is getting annoying.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:55 PM

Transmission Failsafe, code P17E1

Getting car back today again...they couldn't find any problems.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-18-2013, 08:12 AM

Quick question. My car this morning gave me a low coolant, can this be linked with tranny? My audio system us Also acting up. Sometimes I get a popping sound from left sub.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:36 PM

Well finally today they found the problem. The mechtronic sleeve n valve. So they are doing that and had them do a new pan fluid and it's gonna run me about 1100. Happy it's gonna be the end of this. Thanks for the help guys!

Old 04-27-2014, 09:07 AM

Mein Auto: 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmztl View Post
Well finally today they found the problem. The mechtronic sleeve n valve. So they are doing that and had them do a new pan fluid and it's gonna run me about 1100. Happy it's gonna be the end of this. Thanks for the help guys!

What valve are you referring to that was replaced? I am having the same issue and already replaced the bridge adapter and the mechatronic sleeve.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2014, 09:51 AM
sjambok

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 750 LI
I have a gear shift issue related to this. My 4th gear seems to be gone. 06 e66. When I'm in manual, m1, 2 and 3 are great, once I pit it in m4, the car jerks and it goes into the transmission fault drive moderately error. In auto, the error comes up as soon as the car tries to shift into 4th gear.
In the beginning, this error came on and I replaced the mechatronic adapter seal, the sealing sleeve and the tranny fluid (7.5 quartz bmw tranny fluid)

Now the car is throwing off some codes 4F89 and 17E8.

I have read the forum on gear solenoids and stuff, I'm just trying to narrow down my issue here

Any help here is greatly appreciated.