Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2013, 03:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hufington View Post
Why do people not appreciate what they have and belittle great cars so easily? I wonder about the driving skills and expectations of one who calls a 550 the worst car ever. Not credible at all.
If that's the worst car ever, what should people who drive Kias, Hyundais,etc. feel about their cars? I guess this tread was started intentionally to create some drama. We should consider ourselves lucky to have the opportunity to own/lease and drive an F10.
The sad part is that I recently rented a Hyundai Sonata and I found the HANDLING was much better than my F10. No boat like suspension, sharp throttle response and good steering feedback. Yes, everything else loses out to the F10.

But when you call the F10 BMW an ultimate DRIVING machine, it's a slap in the face.

A car is just a car. There's no big deal in criticizing it, especially for people that actually own one. If there is a handful that have the same dislike for the same aspects for the car, maybe it's credible? I do agree that calling it the worst car ever is a little exaggerated though.

Last edited by douggie; 01-12-2013 at 03:16 PM.