Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 01-10-2013, 05:04 PM

Mein Auto: 1997 BMW 318i
94 325is Convertible Tears

Awhile back i posted about how to get my roll over bars down , do to my mom reckless driving.... Ty All who replied....

I Have not driven the car for several months do to the cold weather and the Tear in my Top plastic , but warm weathers are approaching and Im ready to restore my baby any ideas on how to replace that plastic lol?? Is it a do it yourself job or do i have to go to the my wife has a bunch of sewing stuff so im thinking this gonna be easy..
Ads by Google
Old 01-10-2013, 05:09 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
Do a google search for emiata.com.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:13 PM

Mein Auto: 1997 BMW 318i
Awesome so the 94 325I has the ZIp?
Old 01-10-2013, 06:35 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to dc_wright
Mein Auto: '96 328iC, '04 325Ci
All the OEM E36 vert tops have the zip out back window. The emiata window is a really good buy if you're on a budget.
To verify you've got an zip out, look at the back window on the inside, you may have to pull back the cloth a bit to see the zipper. You can't see it from the outside.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:20 PM

Mein Auto: E46 328 Ci, E36 328ic, X3
A word of advice: While you have the rear window out, check the stitching that holds the zipper (one side of it, anyway) to the canvas top. In my case, a lot of the stitching was failing due to age and weathering, so I re-did it by hand using the same thread holes. It's a real pain, but you can only do it when the window is out. A nice, tight new window will put lots of tension on those threads, so if they're even close to wearing out they may not be able to handle the strain for very long. Just my $.02.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:11 PM

Mein Auto: 98 M3 vert, 2007 328i
I'm in the same boat, have a tear in my window and have to replace it this spring. (I must say the clear packing tape I used has held up pretty well with the crazy weather in the east)
Does anyone know of any pictures or percentage of tint emiata has on the rare windows?