Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2013, 06:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 330ci 3pdl 89 325i
Well I did it.. The deed is done

So after months of waiting, questions, research, and you guys probably thinking I am full of sh1t, things have come together. ESS Stage 2 ordered, 8.5 psi upgrade soon to come, Zimmerman brakes ordered, talking with MMVs friends to get my last trans swap pieces hopefully shipped my way this coming week.

I am going to wait to install the SC kit after I get the 5 speed swap done and get used to the gears. Seeing as I am race car certified(lol) should be no big deal but if the race car decides to blow up I don't have to pay for it.

Here is where I stand on the mod list:
Catless headers
custom Magnaflow quad tip exhaust
UUC three way adjustable swaybars
Hotchkis spings
EU2 reprogrammed (for 02 codes)
Getting Koni yellows
5 speed swapped with 3.38 diff
ESS TS2

Cosmetics:
Smoked all around
M3 style mirrors
M3 style front bumper
18 inch M6 reps coming soon

Interior:
Carbon Fiber trim
aux input (put it opposite of the DSC and HK buttons (thank you Smolk)
re coloring leather seats-- I am leaving this as a surprise for a later post, I hope you guys like them when I get them done.

Also this year I replaced the entire cooling system minus the radiator, replaced all pulleys, replaced CCV, replaced VCG, and a set of Nexen N3000's surprisingly brilliant tires. Also when spring hits(So like mid February in MO,) I am replacing my end links, tie rods, and control arms.

Future plans, I will daily the car for two more years. Then instead of blowing big bucks on a new car I am going buy an e60 M5 and probably a Z3(Expecting the to be pretty cheap by then.) The 330 will be stripped of everything and be tracked (probably still be my daily lol.)