Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > F06 Gran Coupe (2013 - Current)

F06 Gran Coupe (2013 - Current)
BMW's entrance into the 4 door coupe segment to go head to head with the Audi A7 and MB CLS

Old 01-13-2013, 09:48 AM

Mein Auto: Mercedes E550 4matic
iphone 5 and my 650ix Grand Coupe

First, let me apologize if this has already been covered elsewhere as I am knew to this site and I am also new to BMW.

When my car arrives I want to be ready; so does the car have bluetooth connectivity? is there any other type of connectivity to the iphone 5 that I should be looking into ? If there is a thread that covers this , if some one could direct me there I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Tom
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2013, 03:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi
The iPhone 5 will connect without problem via Bluetooth giving you full phone call capabilities along with text and email notification and reading.

If connected via the lightning/USB cable to the USB port in the armrest you get full iPod integration, charging and phone call etc are now done via USB rather than Bluetooth.

The iPod capabilities will give you artwork, playlists and most of the functionality of the iPhone/iTunes app.
Retired:
2012 535i xDrive M-Sport
2007 X5 4.8 is
2008 550i M-Sport
2007 530i M-Sport
Old 01-14-2013, 04:08 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2015 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwills View Post
The iPhone 5 will connect without problem via Bluetooth giving you full phone call capabilities along with text and email notification and reading.

If connected via the lightning/USB cable to the USB port in the armrest you get full iPod integration, charging and phone call etc are now done via USB rather than Bluetooth.

The iPod capabilities will give you artwork, playlists and most of the functionality of the iPhone/iTunes app.
Phone calls are not done via USB. Never been.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:11 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2015 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Tom View Post
First, let me apologize if this has already been covered elsewhere as I am knew to this site and I am also new to BMW.

When my car arrives I want to be ready; so does the car have bluetooth connectivity? is there any other type of connectivity to the iphone 5 that I should be looking into ? If there is a thread that covers this , if some one could direct me there I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Tom
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ghlight=iphone

Enhanced Bluetooth is standard in your 6GC. You should also opt for BMW Apps for additional features and integration. BMW Apps videos are at www.bmwusa.com.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwills View Post

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom
Old 01-14-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ghlight=iphone

Enhanced Bluetooth is standard in your 6GC. You should also opt for BMW Apps for additional features and integration. BMW Apps videos are at www.bmwusa.com.
Thank you for the info on the Bluetooth. I have opted for the BMW Apps and thank you for the link.

Regards,

Tom
Old 01-14-2013, 05:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Phone calls are not done via USB. Never been.

I stand corrected
Retired:
2012 535i xDrive M-Sport
2007 X5 4.8 is
2008 550i M-Sport
2007 530i M-Sport