Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2013, 09:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3
OBD Insurance Module

Has anyone used a reporting module like Allstate's DriveWise or Progressive's SnapShot? These things are OBD monitors that report the vehicle's dynamics daily to, presumably, provide a discount to safer drivers.

I've joined Allstate's program and just plugged the thing in - and haven't gone anywhere yet so there's nothing to see - but one can apparently look at the collected data online anytime and, of course, so can they, that's the point. Just joining yielded a 10% discount and, based on one's driving, they provide up to 30% discounts on the insurance premium. It'll be interesting to see what data is reported and to what detail.

Meanwhile, the thing is precariously plugged into the ODB port near the left leg - just waiting to get side-kicked, I think - and the color is horrendous against my black interior. I doubt that I'll want it there for long.

Anyone have experience with it?
Ads by Google