Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-14-2013, 05:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 335i, Roush & Cobra
07 335i over 100k miles!!!

Yes, I am now scared. I hear horror stories. However I got this gorgeous beast at 90k for a GREAT price and it has the M package, wheels, full exhuast and suspension work,
mint condition interior and body, with full Peter Pan records and customer since mile 10. etc etc

Anyone else have one over this mileage?! I am gonna keep it till about 120-130k
Before i get a newer one, i LOVE this car, just did not want to spend so much
on a new one without testing one for a few months to a year first. Past 10k miles
NO issues. Just fun. Minus some rough riding on these 19' wheels and some exhaust rattle.

ALSO HOW TO I POST A DAMN PICTURE?

Last edited by BurlingameBMW; 01-14-2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: i spell like a moron.
Ads by Google
Old 01-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007-335 HTC
I would suggest changing all the fluids at minimum, could cost a bit if you do a transmission flush, seems BMW now recommends it at 100K.

Hondo
Old 01-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurlingameBMW View Post
Yes, I am now scared. I hear horror stories. However I got this gorgeous beast at 90k for a GREAT price and it has the M package, wheels, full exhuast and suspension work,
mint condition interior and body, with full Peter Pan records and customer since mile 10. etc etc

Anyone else have one over this mileage?! I am gonna keep it till about 120-130k
Before i get a newer one, i LOVE this car, just did not want to spend so much
on a new one without testing one for a few months to a year first. Past 10k miles
NO issues. Just fun. Minus some rough riding on these 19' wheels and some exhaust rattle.

ALSO HOW TO I POST A DAMN PICTURE?
Quite a few around here over 100k now.

Choose "Go Advanced" and "Manage Attachments".

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 335i, Roush & Cobra
The guy who had it since mile 10, did everything before trading it in, he was one of those perfectionist types. Spent 1800 the week he traded it in on flushes and the inspection stuff.
[ new bmw guy her, excuse me for not knowing all the lingo just yet. I drive a Roush and a Cobra my whole life. Switching to these kind of handling and speed was the best
thing ever. My fiance now has a x5 as well, i LOVE it. ]
Old 01-14-2013, 07:34 PM

Mein Auto: X5 35D, Former X1 and 335
I bought one with just over 100k on it and I spent 6k on it this year.

Water pump and thermostat $1200 can go at any time any age any mile.

Mechatronics sleeve (check for any sign off oil on the tail end of the tranny)$550

Oil filter housing gasket (check for any oil or dirt buildup on the lip behind and above the serpentine belt. $750

Valve cover gasket $900 Oil build up right rear corner or in spark plug recess. Check left side of engine for possible oil residue.

They are the major cost wise but another issue is possible carbon buildup on the intake valves. I would recommend making the car labor in 5th from 30mph and at 90% throttle allow it to build to 65mph and look for any hesitation.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:33 AM

Mein Auto: '08 Monaco Blue E90 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekay07 View Post
I bought one with just over 100k on it and I spent 6k on it this year.

Water pump and thermostat $1200 can go at any time any age any mile.

Mechatronics sleeve (check for any sign off oil on the tail end of the tranny)$550

Oil filter housing gasket (check for any oil or dirt buildup on the lip behind and above the serpentine belt. $750

Valve cover gasket $900 Oil build up right rear corner or in spark plug recess. Check left side of engine for possible oil residue.

They are the major cost wise but another issue is possible carbon buildup on the intake valves. I would recommend making the car labor in 5th from 30mph and at 90% throttle allow it to build to 65mph and look for any hesitation.
Leekay,

I'm at 54.5k miles and I've replaced all of those parts already (besides the valve cover gasket), with the addition of replacing vaccum lines. I've owned the car from 33k miles to present.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:38 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurlingameBMW View Post
The guy who had it since mile 10, did everything before trading it in, he was one of those perfectionist types. Spent 1800 the week he traded it in on flushes and the inspection stuff.
[ new bmw guy her, excuse me for not knowing all the lingo just yet. I drive a Roush and a Cobra my whole life. Switching to these kind of handling and speed was the best
thing ever. My fiance now has a x5 as well, i LOVE it. ]
Do you know this guy personally? How do you know he spent 1800 before turning it in? Perfectionist or not, who the hell spends that kind of money before returning a lease?

As for over 100k...if this car was built pre-1990 I might be worried but why is it people still think that 100k = death of a car. Sheesh, it's 2013. The car is just as fine now as it was at 90k.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330xi
Not a 335i, but I've got a 330xi that's close to 141,200 miles at the moment. Running like a friggin' champ. The only things you can do really are to get your codes read, and make sure everything checks out. Get it up on a lift/legs, look underneath, check for corrosion, check for leaks. Listen to noises, check out vibrations, change oil regularly (6-7.5K miles), do all the necessary flushes (differentials, coolant, brake oil, etc.).

Save up for the big ticket items like the water pump and thermostat, as someone mentioned previously. Hopefully those turbo's don't go as well
Old 01-15-2013, 03:48 PM
BMWCCA 149159

Mein Auto: 335 vert//M3/4/ 13Outback
Members are closing in on 200K and yes you will incur some parts replacement like the water pump, tstat, intake valve cleaning and plugs replacement excluding normal fluids exchanges you should do.

However many of us and I many of us have zero issues with their car. Mine is 55K miles and I have had one BMW repair done outside of scheduled maintenance, glove box solenoid. I did replace the transmission fluid (not a flush) at 37K and will do it again at 75K.
Oil changes at 8-10K miles
New plugs at 39K
New tires at 37500
New Brake pads because I didn't like the dusting ones that are OEM.
If you have a late 2009 or newer don't bother BMW changed the forumlation and they don't dust that much now
Diff change also at 37500

Upcoming maintenance
Going to 3rd gen run flats Michelin Primacy and putting my Pilot Sports on my M3
Transmission drain and refill at 75K miles
Diff change at 75K miles

I carry a new water pump in my trunk and that gives me peace of mind in case mine goes out. Not hard to change but they usually die at 50-80K miles but it all depends.

I can see 1800 bucks spent on maintenance if the dealer of indy did it.
There is nothing hard about working on a BMW it just takes time and patience...
Old 01-18-2013, 03:47 AM

Mein Auto: 08 E90 335i
Serpentine belt, hits the subframe. Can go at any moment. Happened to the new owner of my car. But there is lots of good info in this thread.
"The money powers prey upon the nation in times of peace and conspire against it in times of adversity. The banking powers are more despotic than a monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, more selfish than bureaucracy. They denounce as public enemies all who question their methods or throw light upon their crimes. I have two great enemies, the Southern Army in front of me and the bankers in the rear. Of the two, the one at my rear is my greatest foe."
Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-18-2013, 12:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2007-335 HTC
seems to me most anyone could do a valve cover gasket, at 900 bucks I would learn

Hondo