Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonlee998 View Post
I hit once time,but code ECUs restored.
But this time I can't, because before removed the 8AA VO.
When you hit Code Defaults, was it just for one ECU, like HU_CIC, or was it the whole SVT?

What is the scope of the problem now?

Are you currently able to read FA, Read VCM, Read any ECU and code it, or are you unable to code anything right now?

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 01-16-2013, 06:38 AM

Mein Auto: f25x328i
code default HU_CIC
read FA and VCM again, code VST.
just CIC return ERROR and cannot code CIC again, error still when code CIC
now CIC cafd show 255 255 255 255 when i read VCM.

something not correct in iDrive now.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:40 AM

UNABLE TO CODE WITH CIC NOW.
CIC cafd show 255 255 255 255 when i read VCM.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
UNABLE TO CODE WITH CIC NOW.
CIC cafd show 255 255 255 255 when i read VCM.
Ok. You should be all right then, thankfully. If you wiped out CAS with Code Defaults, you would be watching them haul your car off on a Flatbed.

Do exactly this:

Connect => Read FA => Activate FA => Read VCM => Left-Click on HU_CIC => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD matching your I-Level => Select OK => Right-Click on HU_CIC (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

To determine your I-Level, go to VCM Module => VCM Master Tab => click Read under I-Steps. The I-Step (current) is the one you want to match when you select the CAFD from the "Detect CAF for SWE" options (e.g. F001-08-09-550).

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 01-16-2013, 06:57 AM

So will be resume normal operation? Not in the CODE prompt error with FA VO?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
So will be resume normal operation? Not in the CODE prompt error with FA VO?
I do not understand what you wrote.

Did you do what I wrote above, and if so, are you getting an error, or were you able to VO Code HU_CIC?

Old 02-18-2013, 09:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93
hi, guys really need your help.

Car is F10 build 03/12 at iLevel 48.3 with Combox fitted from factory but no BMWW Live / Internet activated.
Car has 609, 6FL, 6NF, 6VC, 644 from factory so only standard bluetooth and USB audio is working in Combox.

What i've done: added 614, 615, 6AB, 6 AL to VO, recoded CIC and Combox, FDL Coded Combox with VIN from another F10 with Internet activated from factory.
I checked the CIC coding and i have:
Online Browser > beide_aktiv
Online Services > aktiv
Online Browser Live > aktiv

Now i have Internet and BMW Live menu items under BMW Services.
Update Services works correct, car connects via my iPhone 5 and i get Update Services Successful.

When i try to start BMW Live or Internet, car connects to my iPhone, i get the standard message "Connecting via iPhone, Bluetooth Audio is not availalble bla, bla, bla" and after few seconds i get the message "HOMEPAGE NOT AVAILALBLE, please try again later". This message is for both BMW Live and Internet.

Now i am stuck, as i checked all coding and is correct, i tried different VINs and i get same result.

I guess that the configuration set stored in CIC or Combox does not point to the correct ip address for homepage or at least this is my understanding.

I see many lines in CIC and Combox with "config_index" or "des_index" which can be coded in many ways.

Can somebody point me to the right direction, i know i am close but i can't point the finger to the problem.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by neo_andersson; 02-18-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_andersson View Post
hi, guys really need your help.

Car is F10 build 03/12 at iLevel 48.3 with Combox fitted from factory but no BMWW Live / Internet activated.
Car has 609, 6FL, 6NF, 6VC, 644 from factory so only standard bluetooth and USB audio is working in Combox.

What i've done: added 614, 615, 6AB, 6 AL to VO, recoded CIC and Combox, FDL Coded Combox with VIN from another F10 with Internet activated from factory.
I checked the CIC coding and i have:
Online Browser > beide_aktiv
Online Services > aktiv
Online Browser Live > aktiv

Now i have Internet and BMW Live menu items under BMW Services.
Update Services works correct, car connects via my iPhone 5 and i get Update Services Successful.

When i try to start BMW Live or Internet, car connects to my iPhone, i get the standard message "Connecting via iPhone, Bluetooth Audio is not availalble bla, bla, bla" and after few seconds i get the message "HOMEPAGE NOT AVAILALBLE, please try again later". This message is for both BMW Live and Internet.

Now i am stuck, as i checked all coding and is correct, i tried different VINs and i get same result.

I guess that the configuration set stored in CIC or Combox does not point to the correct ip address for homepage or at least this is my understanding.

I see many lines in CIC and Combox with "config_index" or "des_index" which can be coded in many ways.

Can somebody point me to the right direction, i know i am close but i can't point the finger to the problem.

Thanks a lot.
Did you change your Combox VIN to one with factory 614 and 615?

Old 02-19-2013, 06:24 AM

Yes i actually used 3 different vins. One of them is from a bmw x5 which works for sure as i used it before in my car e93 with retrofited cic/combox. All of them had the same result (home page not available, please try later) like the cic looks for an invalid ip address/web page when trying to connect to bmw live / internet.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Yes i actually used 3 different vins. One of them is from a bmw x5 which works for sure as i used it before in my car e93 with retrofited cic/combox. All of them had the same result (home page not available, please try later) like the cic looks for an invalid ip address/web page when trying to connect to bmw live / internet.
After you chnaged Copmbox VIN, if you read combox in E-Sys, did it show new VIN?

And with new VIN showing, did you update services?

And afterwards under Available Services, does it show Internet and BMW Live as being available?

Old 02-19-2013, 06:57 AM

Yes, yes and yes.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Yes, yes and yes.
And are you getting BT Data connection options on iDrive?

Old 02-19-2013, 07:20 AM

Yes, of course, when i click on Internet menu item car starts connection with iphone, i get the teethering message on iphone and i get the standard message on cic "connecting to internet via iphone, bluetooth audio is not available during data transffer". Message stays like this for about 5 seconds and then i get "Homepage not available, please try later!" Only after i get this message teethering message goes out on iphone. In different car my E93, with same vin coded in combox and same phone everything works perfectly. My interpretation of the error is like this: somewhere in combox software there are some ip addresses for bmw live server and internet start-up page as internet is working via proxy. I guess that this settings are not the same for each country/region therefor in the combox coding there are some lines defining "config index" something simillar with lets say mobile phone internet settings configurations where you have APN and proxy settings. In my E93 combox is coded to use config index 6, in F10 which first i coded based on the modified VO, it went to config index 4. I manually change it to config index 6 but no luck, can you please check your car and tell me in combox what value you have for config index and des index?

Last edited by neo_andersson; 02-19-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Yes, of course, when i click on Internet menu item car starts connection with iphone, inget the teethering message on iphone and i getbthe standard message on cic "connecting to internet via iphone, bluetooth audio is not available during data transffer". Message stays like this for about 5 seconds and then i get "Homepage not available, please try later!" Only after i get this message teethering message goes out on iphone. In different car my E93, with same vin coded in combox and same phone everything works perfectly. My interpretation of the error is like this: somewhere in combox software there are some ip addresses for bmw live server and internet start-up page as internet is working via proxy. I guess that this settings are not the same for each country/region therefor in the combox coding there are some lines defining "config index" something simillar with lets say mobile phone internet settings configurations where you have APN and proxy settings. In my E93 combox is coded to use config index 6, in F10 which first i coded based on the modified VO, it went to config index 4. I manually change it to config index 6 but no luck, can you please check your car and tell me in combox what value you have for config index and des index?
Is BMW Live working, and under options did you change your home country to Germany?

Old 02-19-2013, 07:26 AM

Bmw live and internet are both NOT working with same error, "homepage not available please try later" car does not have sa801-country version germany/austria. Do i need this in my vo?
Old 02-19-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Bmw live and internet are both NOT working with same error, "homepage not available please try later" car does not have sa801-country version germany/austria. Do i need this in my vo?
Man, I don't know. The Country Controller does weird things. I don't have one in my VO.

Do you have SA801 in the Exx car that is working?

Old 02-19-2013, 07:33 AM

Yes i have it. I will try to add it to f10 also.
Can you please tell me what you have in combox coding for config index and des index?
Old 02-19-2013, 07:43 AM

HU_CIC:
ONLINE_CONFIG_TABLE_INDEX = config_table_1
CONFIG_INDEX = config_index_4
ONLINE_DAR_INDEX = dar_1
DPAS_INDEX = dpas_4

CMB_MEDIA:
DPAS_INDEX = dpas_4
CONFIG_INDEX = config_index_4

Old 02-19-2013, 08:33 AM

thanks a lot, ill try this tomorrow morning.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:32 PM

Mein Auto: 320d
So all this options need to be added for the Internet ?

614 615 6aa 6ab 6al 801

What else needs to be done?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:02 PM

Still no luck, i did the coding in cic and combox but i get the same stupid message "Homepage not available, please try later".
I am out of ideas.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Still no luck, i did the coding in cic and combox but i get the same stupid message "Homepage not available, please try later".
I am out of ideas.
Sorry...I don't know either...

Old 02-22-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ins1dez View Post
So all this options need to be added for the Internet ?

614 615 6aa 6ab 6al 801

What else needs to be done?
Have you read this thread?

Scroll up to Post # 70:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=70

Old 02-23-2013, 02:17 PM

Mein Auto: BMW F30 320i
Problems with Coding Internet and try this in motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I thought maybe this would be the key for Internet-In-Motion, but it is already set as Inactive:

SL12_BMW_INTERNET = nicht_aktiv / Werte=00

Maybe it needs Werte=FF?

These may be the culprits though:

SL06_IBA_1 = aktiv
SL07_IBA_2 = aktiv
SL21_IBA_3 = aktiv

If you have time, maybe you can play with them and see if you can disable the Internet Speedlock.
Dear Shawn,
First I would like to congratulate about all your posts...You are a genius.
So now, I have a Germany F30 in Brazil with Navigation and BT, and I change the 6NH to 6NL to activation BT AUDIO and OFFICE.
IN CAFD I changed some parameters to have Internet in Service, and yesterday I made my first connection in some sites.
Today I received a message that the Internet can't estabilish connection...so what is my problem? Can you please help me?
I tried change the parameters to have internet in motion too, but nothing yet was discovery.
Another point, I have an iPhone 5 (ios 6) with the lastest updated from BMW, but I can't read any messages or email, any solution for this?
Thanks for everything.
Regards.
Marcelo
Old 02-24-2013, 04:53 AM

Mein Auto: BMW F30 320i
Internet and this function in motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscalissi View Post
Dear Shawn,
First I would like to congratulate about all your posts...You are a genius.
So now, I have a Germany F30 in Brazil with Navigation and BT, and I change the 6NH to 6NL to activation BT AUDIO and OFFICE.
IN CAFD I changed some parameters to have Internet in Service, and yesterday I made my first connection in some sites.
Today I received a message that the Internet can't estabilish connection...so what is my problem? Can you please help me?
I tried change the parameters to have internet in motion too, but nothing yet was discovery.
Another point, I have an iPhone 5 (ios 6) with the lastest updated from BMW, but I can't read any messages or email, any solution for this?
Thanks for everything.
Regards.
Marcelo
Shawn,
Yesterday I tried again to enter in the Internet and is back.
So any solutions to enable this function in motion?
Just my Office and my BMW ONLINE I can't use I don't know why.
Thanks