Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Omni Extaris

Mein Auto: The Axles of Evil
Comcast not so comcastic?

So, I have had comcast internets for a while. pretty fast and fairly reliable.

they recently jacked up the price and then offered me cable TV service. I live within range of TV towers and get TV off the air. The signal is high def and looks very good.
I took their offer (it brought my bill back down to what it was).

So, anyways, they sent me a set top box, I plugged it in and - low def.

Looked awful. the box they sent was not HD. Went back to comcast and they gave me an HD box for $10 more per month. A bit of a bait and switch...

Plugged the HD box in and - hmmm. Signal looks better but it is not as good as over the air HD.

Seems like Comcast uses a bit too much compression in their cable service. Details in skin are lacking, blockiness in black backgrounds, and overall lack of fine detail.
Looks a bit worse than Netflix.

Is this experience matched by others here?

I am used to a decent image on my 50" TV. If I can't tweak the signal and get an as good image as I got with my over the air antenna I am going to have to drop the service.

I don't really care that much about the bazillion stations I now get, especially of they all look like sh1t.

Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
Samuel Clemens

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7800&dateline=1275495849
Advertisement