Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 01-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 530i, '07 C280, ML320
let us know how everything goes after changing those parts.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcy View Post
Will do Bro.... should have the car back monday... tuesday latest.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcy View Post
Well have my car back. and all is good .. everything pointed to one of the two belts breaking .that caused both to break.. the strands from the belts were wound so tightly around the water pump shaft it jacked up the seal and was the cause of coolant leaking .. So i ended up replacing upper and lower hoses,, thermostat. water pump. coolant sensor. tensioner, idler pulley,, and also my mechanic installed a tensioner for the a/c belt Too ,. A + !! ( said theres an update ) i didnt know he did that,,, till i picked up the car yesterday... so one good thing became of my mishap...

Again,, i wana thank all who posted ur help and concerns for my car,, u guys are,,,,, da Best ! and what makes this site so freakin Kool ,,,,,,
Old 01-16-2013, 09:00 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somwhere

Mein Auto: 330i, Z3 2.8L, 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by H F View Post
Well have my car back. and all is good .. everything pointed to one of the two belts breaking .that caused both to break.. the strands from the belts were wound so tightly around the water pump shaft it jacked up the seal and was the cause of coolant leaking .. So i ended up replacing upper and lower hoses,, thermostat. water pump. coolant sensor. tensioner, idler pulley,, and also my mechanic installed a tensioner for the a/c belt Too ,. A + !! ( said theres an update ) i didnt know he did that,,, till i picked up the car yesterday... so one good thing became of my mishap...

Again,, i wana thank all who posted ur help and concerns for my car,, u guys are,,,,, da Best ! and what makes this site so freakin Kool ,,,,,,
Since the N62 in the 545i has a stretch belt for the A/C, and sounds like you added a tensioner to the block like the 745i has - what is the new belt P/N?
Old 01-16-2013, 09:11 PM

Hogie,,, ,, I will call my mechanic and get the part number for u.....
Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 AM

Mein Auto: 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by H F View Post

Good to hear you are back in business!
Refreshing the coolant system was a good move. You should be good for another 60-70K worry free miles now.
I am going to try that AC belt tensioner also. That would make life a lot easier.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan52 View Post
Good to hear you are back in business!
Refreshing the coolant system was a good move. You should be good for another 60-70K worry free miles now.
I am going to try that AC belt tensioner also. That would make life a lot easier.
Thx ,,,,, I'm so happy to have my baby Rollin again,..
I also changed the brake fluid , pwr steering fluids 6 months ago I changed the alt bracket gasket , tranny pan , oil pan gasket , valve cover gasket ,front timing cover gaskets, MAF Sensor, and now goen on 5000 oil change incriments , and tranny fluid every other year
I swear,, ,,,This dam car is burnin a hole in my pocket ,, but does not overweigh the enjoyment I get when I drive it,,, so yes,,, another 70,000 would be a nice ,,
Bimmer fan ,,,,, I've learned more about my car in the last 6 months of activley being on this site , with information posted from guys like u,,, thx for being a good information resource,,,
Old 01-19-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie View Post
Since the N62 in the 545i has a stretch belt for the A/C, and sounds like you added a tensioner to the block like the 745i has - what is the new belt P/N?
Hogie ,,, here is the part. Number , it's a Continental CONTITECH 4pk860
Sry I took so long ,,,