Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
There was an F30 in my garage tonight.

It was there when I came home tonight. I am not sure what line it was as I don't know how to tell the difference. It was a nice color blue with a tan interior. It may have been "No Line".

First chance I've had to get a close look at one and I checked out the
"controversial" features. I thought it was a nice looking car. Definitely evolutionary and not a radical change from the E90. I did not mind the front end or the so called "bulbous" hood at all. I was not crazy about the way the screen was integrated into the interior but overall the interior looked fine. There were several other BMWs sedans the garage including my 750 and a dark blue 535 (current model). There was a strong family resemblance resemblance between the 3,5 and 7.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians
Ads by Google
Old 01-13-2013, 08:36 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
It was there when I came home tonight. I am not sure what line it was as I don't know how to tell the difference. It was a nice color blue with a tan interior. It may have been "No Line".
Snap a photo of the 3/4 front view and by looking at the front facia and wheels we'll be able to identify toot-sweet.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Snap a photo of the 3/4 front view and by looking at the front facia and wheels we'll be able to identify toot-sweet.

BJ
It's probably gone. According to the attendant it was a transient and not owned by one of the monthly tenants.
The garage gets a certain amount of transient business from the neighborhood restaurants. Counting my cars there about 5 or 6 monthly BMWs including the 535, an older 7, and a 328 (E90). There used to be an M5, a Bentley Continental GT and an Aston Martin Lagonda but I think the owners of those cars moved out of the building. There is one totally clapped out old Accord with an interior that is apparently used as a garbage can. Why anyone would pay for Manhattan monthly parking for that heap baffles me.

The F30 appeared to have 17 or even 16 inch rims (probably a good choice for NYC) and it did not have sport seats, shift paddles and the upholstery was vinyl. Probably a no line. I liked the color a lot (light blue metallic)

We took the E93 out today. It had not been driven since the Fall Foliage Run last October. The attendant hooks a battery tender up to it ever couple of weeks and starts it up and lets it idle for a couple of minutes.

Heading back to The Boca Club next week. Plan on doing some car shopping but it is highly unlikely that we will purchase another Florida car now that Ms. Audio is not down there taking care of her father. There are a few cars I want to test drive, particularly the Audi S8.

CA

The Glen Club
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
American Mural Project

Last edited by captainaudio; 01-13-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
any pic
06 130i - ROCK SOLID Performer
MY11.5 X1 Xdrive25i
2013 VW Golf R - Rising Metallic Blue
07 320i - SOLD
08 E92 325i - Blue SOLD
Bicycles: Giant TCR Advanced Zero SOLD, Argon 18 Krypton, Argon 18E114, Trek Madone COMING
Old 01-13-2013, 11:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i
Quote:
The F30 appeared to have 17 or even 16 inch rims (probably a good choice for NYC) and it did not have sport seats, shift paddles and the upholstery was vinyl. Probably a no line. I liked the color a lot (light blue metallic)
The smallest factory rim for the F30 is 17" and is only available with the no line. Everything else is 18".

2014 328i / Liquid Blue / Beige Leatherette / 4 DR / 6 MT / Moonroof / Rear Camera + PDC / Xenons / DHP / 12K+ Miles / Bought 10-16-2013
2003 325i / Gray Green / Beige Leatherette / 4 DR / 5 MT / Moonroof / 219K+ Miles / Bought 12-21-2002 / Sold 10-21-2013
1998 Civic EX / Vogue Silver / Gray / 4 DR / 5 MT / 122K+ Miles / Bought 12-30-1997 / Totaled 08-2002
1988 Sentra / Gray / Gray / 2 DR / 4 MT / 190K+ Miles / Bought 06-1994 @ 120K+ Miles / Died 12-1997
Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clueless View Post
The smallest factory rim for the F30 is 17" and is only available with the no line. Everything else is 18".
It was probably a no line. BMW really should come up with a name for the base model. From a marketing standpoint "No Line" may not be a great choice.

CA

The Glen Club
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
American Mural Project
Old 01-14-2013, 08:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:
It was probably a no line. BMW really should come up with a name for the base model. From a marketing standpoint "No Line" may not be a great choice.

CA
Like "standard" maybe?
Old 01-15-2013, 08:44 PM

Mein Auto: '13 328i
I like "limited" (as in options). Sounds exclusive.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:51 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clueless View Post
What's a "line" as opposed to "no line"? Haven't encountered this terminology before.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:59 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRail View Post
What's a "line" as opposed to "no line"? Haven't encountered this terminology before.
Instead of 1 car with several packages, the F30 is now 4 cars with limited packages:

Sport line
Luxury line
Modern line
M-Sport line

If you get a Sport line, you get a sport suspension and a lowered body. If you get a Luxury line, you get the comfort suspension, chrome window trim, and saddle leather. If you get a Modern line, you get Scandinavian-inspired interior design. It's a way for BMW to size-up a customer and get them in the right car that already has 80% of the options they'd want. None of us love it because we have to compromise. I want sport seats but had to have saddle leather, can't have both because the sport seats are only in the Sport line and the saddle is only in the Luxury line.

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...modelcode=133N

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®

Last edited by boltjaM3s; 01-15-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Instead of 1 car with several packages, the F30 is now 4 cars with limited packages:

Sport line
Luxury line
Modern line
M-Sport line

If you get a Sport line, you get a sport suspension and a lowered body. If you get a Luxury line, you get the comfort suspension, chrome window trim, and saddle leather. If you get a Modern line, you get Scandinavian-inspired interior design. It's a way for BMW to size-up a customer and get them in the right car that already has 80% of the options they'd want. None of us love it because we have to compromise. I want sport seats but had to have saddle leather, can't have both because the sport seats are only in the Sport line and the saddle is only in the Luxury line.

BJ
When you say the Luxury Line has "Comfort Suspension" is that different than the suspension in the "No" Line rf the Modern Line or is it simply the standard (i.e. non-sport) suspension? Also is the Sport and M-Sport suspension the same (as it was on the E90). I understand that the optional M-Adaptive (cockpit adjustable) suspension is a new to the 3 Series feature.

CA

The Glen Club
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
American Mural Project
Old 01-15-2013, 10:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d & 2014 535i
Quote:

Sport line
Luxury line
Modern line
M-Sport line

BJ
BJ, you forgot to mention 320i which has it own build-tools/configurator.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:08 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
When you say the Luxury Line has "Comfort Suspension" is that different than the suspension in the "No" Line rf the Modern Line or is it simply the standard (i.e. non-sport) suspension? Also is the Sport and M-Sport suspension the same (as it was on the E90). I understand that the optional M-Adaptive (cockpit adjustable) suspension is a new to the 3 Series feature.

CA
The standard Luxury line suspension is the same as the Modern line and the no-line. The Sport line and M Sport line have the same sport suspension.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
The standard Luxury line suspension is the same as the Modern line and the no-line. The Sport line and M Sport line have the same sport suspension.
That's what I thought. So the situation is the same as it was with the E90. You either get the standard suspension of the sport suspension. BMW has just changed the way they can be ordered (i.e, the sport suspension is not available on all RWD models the way it was on the E9x).

CA

The Glen Club
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
American Mural Project
Old 01-15-2013, 11:00 PM
Salz und Pfeffer

Mein Auto: 2014 F22 M235i
There is an EB II f-30 m-sport 335i in the garage park at. Pretty nice car I wouldn't mind getting into it once my lease is up.

Last edited by lqaddict; 01-15-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:53 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Quote:

Sport line
Luxury line
Modern line
M-Sport line

BJ
Thanks for the info, BJ. It gets curiouser and curiouser.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 PM

I took the E93 to BMW Manhattan for service today. I went to the new car show room to check out an F30. They had a car that looked a lot like BJ's (color, wheels, etc.) but it was an "Active Hybrid". I didn't know there was such a thing.

I was going to go accross the street to Lexus to see an IS in person but it was so damn cold I jumped in a cab and went home.

CA

The Glen Club
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
American Mural Project

Last edited by captainaudio; 01-23-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i
Quote:
I took the E93 to BMW Manhattan for service today. I went to the new car show room to check out an F30. They had a car that looked a lot like BJ's (color, wheels, etc.) but it was an "Active Hybrid". I didn't know there was such a thing.

I was going to go accross the street to Lexus to see an IS in person but it was so damn cold I jumped in a cab and went home.
I thought they were supposed to go on sale only in the summer.

2014 328i / Liquid Blue / Beige Leatherette / 4 DR / 6 MT / Moonroof / Rear Camera + PDC / Xenons / DHP / 12K+ Miles / Bought 10-16-2013
2003 325i / Gray Green / Beige Leatherette / 4 DR / 5 MT / Moonroof / 219K+ Miles / Bought 12-21-2002 / Sold 10-21-2013
1998 Civic EX / Vogue Silver / Gray / 4 DR / 5 MT / 122K+ Miles / Bought 12-30-1997 / Totaled 08-2002
1988 Sentra / Gray / Gray / 2 DR / 4 MT / 190K+ Miles / Bought 06-1994 @ 120K+ Miles / Died 12-1997
Old 01-23-2013, 01:59 PM

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
If I found an F30 in my garage I'd have to call Terminex. Just saying!

Current Stablemates:
'14 MB GL450; '12 Porsche 911 GTS Cabriolet (MT); '11 BMW E93 335is (DCT); '11 BMW E90 M3 (MT); '11 Audi S4 (DSG); '08 BMW E60 535xi; '08 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Favorite Cars Gone But Not Forgotten:
'09 Corvette ZO6; '04 MB S600; '01 BMW 740iL; '01 Corvette; '90 Nissan 300ZX 2+2; '89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer; '79 BMW 320i; '79 MB 300D; '71 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400; '67 MG Midget
Old 01-24-2013, 07:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328xi Sport
quickest way to spot a no line is by the rims IMO