Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Wheels and Tires

Wheels and Tires
Wheels, tires, spacers etc....

Old 01-17-2013, 12:12 AM

Mein Auto: 99 M3/2/5
Arrow FS: New set (four) of 17x8 ET-20 Voxx MG3 wheel rims w/ Kumho ASX 245/40/R17 tires

(OP at bimmerforums)
FS: A set of new rims with new tires mounted.
Wheels: 17"x8" ET-20 Voxx MG3 Silver machined lip;
Tires: 245/40/R17 Kumho Ecsta ASX All-Season Tires; UTQG: 420 AA A - linked is for tire ratings, very decent tires - I used them before, so I bought this set.
Asking for $750, including shipping to 48 States; AK/HI cost extra shippings, depending on carriers, I'd guess that's an extra $30-50.
Would fit other models, but I'm not familiar, so you can judge by the specs of wheels and tires.

I bought them last Nov intended to be my first custom rim set, from Discounted Tire Direct (their ebay shop though), for around $900 together. Then in shop, I mounted tires and mounted rims to the car, turns out I need to put some spacers in the rear to keep front and back look squared. And the rear tires would rubbing fender wall when hitting bump, even when I gas it or slightly steer. So the very next day, I took them off the car. (Guess no surprise on that fender rubbing for lots of you, I now feel it's ET-20 is too little...; but for me, not born gifted for mechanic work, I had my "trial and error" time.

So, I need to roll the fender... and some lug bolts and a pair of spacers. The plan was set, and I did some math and using calculator online, I figured a pair of 10 or 12mm spacers would be good, with 35-39 mm shank-length bolts. Nothing special. Also I got someone local and familiar with bimmers willing to roll fenders for me.

And tonight when I was trying to double check my math and parts and their qualities online... I just felt I spent too much time on it, while I don't have much money or good judgement on parts that are pretty overwhelming to me. And I mean, I really don't have an extra 200 bucks for this.

Getting close to my grad school and things only get busier. I feel I'd rather keep the car stock till I get a real job and make some serious money before ditching $$ and finding someone professional doing the work for me. Plus there's already enough maintenance work for me now. A leaky coolant tank, secondary air pump and non-return valve, etc...

Currently, the rims and tires are sitting at my home. Originally, it was close to $1000 for the rims and tires plus mounting and balance in shop. Then they are pretty much not driven, about 6 miles together (back and forth to that shop..) Everything are pretty new. I know these rims are the entry-level ones, like OEM replica ones, but they look nice to me, even there are some spots not as smooth as I expect.

Will shoot some close-up photos on the real items later.
You can use reference links at this time.
For now, just a stance of my M's One Night Stand with his rims

Thanks for reading. Comments appreciated _sl_
Advertisement