Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:17 AM

Mein Auto: 1982 320I
So I noticed my caliper is leaking on the passenger side front of my car, So I looked up the caliper and found them at O'Reillys for cheap. The only question I have is that my caliper is multi piston design, can I use a regular 1 piston caliper instead or should I try to rebuild it?? And thanx ahead of time, you guys all ways help me out
Old 01-16-2013, 04:19 PM
livin large

Mein Auto: 2012 hypermotard 796
the pics online are normally not of the product. it showed for my 4runner a 2 piston sliding caliper when its actually a 4 piston, and my subaru as an opposed piston when its a 2 piston sliding caliper. so best to go in and look at them. also change both with pads and rotors. just do everything while your in there. and also flush the brake fluid. a vacuum bleeder helps alot.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 AM

Mein Auto: 1982 320I
Quote:
Originally Posted by downhiller View Post
the pics online are normally not of the product. it showed for my 4runner a 2 piston sliding caliper when its actually a 4 piston, and my subaru as an opposed piston when its a 2 piston sliding caliper. so best to go in and look at them. also change both with pads and rotors. just do everything while your in there. and also flush the brake fluid. a vacuum bleeder helps alot.
So I decided to go outside and take the caliper apart, when I got the outside piece off the caliper and the caliper housing seal on the bottom side fell right out. So I called the local foreign parts dealer to see if I can get the part. They said the can order it for me, but I have to buy the whole caliper repair kit which is $17. Sucks I need a little 10cent piece lol, but ha that sure beats $300 that I seen some calipers going for. Thanx again downhiller for the help, much appreciated

Last edited by Notmee; 01-17-2013 at 09:02 AM.