Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 01-11-2013, 02:15 AM

Mein Auto: F25 2.0D
X3 F25 Standard Stereo speaker placement

Hi Guys
I have an F25 with the standard single CD stereo here in Australia. The BMW website says the system comes with 6 speakers. I can see that there are 4 on the doors. There is a large grill on top of the dash but I cannot hear any sound coming out of it (even when I keep a stethoscope over it to isolate other sounds!)
Does anyone know if the standard stereo is supposed to have a center speaker at all?

Thanks
Ads by Google
Old 01-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 06 X3 Sport
Subs

there should be 2 subs under front seats
Old 01-16-2013, 02:11 PM

Subs

there should be 2 subs under front seats, but now that I am thinking about it I think this may just be on the premium sound option, someone here may be able to verify.

Last edited by X3emist; 01-16-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:32 AM

Thanks. I looked and found the two speakers under the front seats. The grill on the dash covers a blank plate though :-(
Old 01-17-2013, 02:31 PM

Mein Auto: F25 X3 3.0
Yeah, we only get the 6 speakers as standard here and its sounds pretty cheap.
I just replace all four door speaker and added tweeters to all of them with some Focal 100VRS. Got the tweeter covers from the BMW Spares, all good and what a difference it makes.
Haven't touched the underseat speakers and probably won't.
Have fun!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:37 PM

Hi
Thanks. That's a great idea. Was it a straight swap for the door speakers. For the tweeters did you have to do additional cabling? How does that work? Would love to see a pic. Also can you remember the part number for the tweeter covers?

Thanks
Old 01-17-2013, 02:51 PM

Hi lahiruwan,
Sorry can't remember the part numbers from BMW, but they are sold in pairs, fronts and rears. For some reason the rears are more expensive???? When you go to order them, make sure you you tell lthem you want them fore the premium system.
No additional wiring required, but truth be told, I had it done professionally. They had to play a little with the passanger front door fitting, but not difficult I was told.
In terms of how they look, they look just like the door trims in the brochure, a liitle speaker cover in the door grabs.
These are made as a straight swap, right size etc.
Catch ya,
Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 3.0d Msport
Subs

Not rolls for eating mind, the audio variety.

Joking aside, yes the bass speakers under the seats I believe are with the premium option (can't remember what the name is in UK). You get some nice bass from them. Also there is a speaker in the center which helps with that surround sound bollocXs.

Premium sound is great, but (contrary to my initial observations when I first got it - mainly due to good power output and lack of distortion), not the best in the world.

J
Old 01-18-2013, 07:14 AM

Prem Sux

Premium sound is bad, really bad. I would not opt for this option again after having it in the last 2 bmw's.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:58 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3emist View Post
Premium sound is bad, really bad. I would not opt for this option again after having it in the last 2 bmw's.
Disagree. Bass is deeper, sound is fuller, and the equalizer allows one more options to tweak the Premium system. Standard sound is okay, Premum upgrade is a very good from the factory sound system.
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, Continental RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4cds View Post
Hi lahiruwan,
Sorry can't remember the part numbers from BMW, but they are sold in pairs, fronts and rears. For some reason the rears are more expensive???? When you go to order them, make sure you you tell lthem you want them fore the premium system.
No additional wiring required, but truth be told, I had it done professionally. They had to play a little with the passanger front door fitting, but not difficult I was told.
In terms of how they look, they look just like the door trims in the brochure, a liitle speaker cover in the door grabs.
These are made as a straight swap, right size etc.
Catch ya,
Hi
Sorry to bug but do you remember where you got the speakers installed? I could take it there to get the upgrade done. I don't want anyone who I am not sure know what they are doing meddling with it.

Thanks
Old 01-31-2013, 06:16 PM

Hi lahiruwan,
Here is the weblink to where I got mine installed : http://www.carboncarsystems.com.au/
They also had the best price I could find. Hope this helps.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4cds View Post
Hi lahiruwan,
Here is the weblink to where I got mine installed : http://www.carboncarsystems.com.au/
They also had the best price I could find. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot !