Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 01-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Hydrocarbon Man

Mein Auto: Soon!
College Football 2013

Wow, we couldn't even get past NSD for some crazy news.

Bee is probably going to be drowning his sorrows for a week now that CCK works for the Eagles, and Manti's dead girlfriend appears to be a hoax, which after reading the link, you may or may not come to believe he was in on.

Kelly to Philadelphia, All of Oregon and NorCal Collectively Puff On The Hooka

Blarney

In other news, AJ's gf still smokin.
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

Bee is probably going to be drowning his sorrows for a week now that CCK works for the Eagles, and Manti's dead girlfriend appears to be a hoax, which after reading the link, you may or may not come to believe he was in on.

Kelly to Philadelphia, All of Oregon and NorCal Collectively Puff On The Hooka

Blarney

In other news, AJ's gf still smokin.
Watched the clip; still clueless as to what this post is about. Care to provide any more info?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Brevity= the soul of wit

Mein Auto: You've*got*to be kidding
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRail View Post
Watched the clip; still clueless as to what this post is about. Care to provide any more info?

Typical fake obtuse. Try the game elsewhere.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

Bee is probably going to be drowning his sorrows for a week ....

LOL!! Why??!! This is Oregon!! What we have in place is a system... We were We are good to go to take care of business..

Michael Vick is gonna be the MVP next year... Once the system is in place... FAST, HARD.. FINISH!!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang View Post
LOL!! Why??!! This is Oregon!! What we have in place is a system... We were We are good to go to take care of business..

Michael Vick is gonna be the MVP next year... Once the system is in place... FAST, HARD.. FINISH!!
Apparently you are now a true fan of birds that wear green. The Eagles have a long road ahead. Their Swiss cheese O-line is the first problem. Kelly needs to get rid of the Mudder on day 1. Their Swiss cheese defense is next.

How soon will it be before NFL teams decide the real way to beat these zone read offenses is to kill the QB when "fooled" by the fake?

Our family's Bimmers - 3 e89's (one turned in), e90 - 335d and e46 - 325i

Old 01-17-2013, 09:57 AM

Mein Auto: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4luvr View Post
Apparently you are now a true fan of birds that wear green. The Eagles have a long road ahead. Their Swiss cheese O-line is the first problem. Kelly needs to get rid of the Mudder on day 1. Their Swiss cheese defense is next.

How soon will it be before NFL teams decide the real way to beat these zone read offenses is to kill the QB when "fooled" by the fake?
Well apparently they are looking at Todd Grantham, DC at UGA. After 10 years in the NFL, he went to spend a couple of years at an SEC school to learn how a real defense works. Really bad timing for Georgia, as they will be rebuilding on that side of the ball after numerous graduations and early exits to the NFL.

Eagles have the 4th (I think) pick. Maybe Jarvis Jones will still be available.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:48 AM
Bo-ma-win!

Can't believe we are not raggin' on the biggest dumba$$ @ CFB

Manti' Te'o and his dead GF

You realize that he will be taunted for the rest of his life for "Hey!! How is your GF doing??!!"
Old 01-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
I figured Chip Kelley just pulled a Pete Carroll, out before the NCAA hammer falls.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Bo-ma-win!

No!! What he did was to pull a Nick Saban circa 2004. Except he actually knows what he needs to succeed. He knows that he needs NFL level defense and is gonna steal Kirby Smart from SEC

Chip doesn't give a *****t about QB's "Disposapal QB" and "Next Man Up" is the doctrine he create at Oregon after the loss of Dennis Dixon. That is what he will be running at Eagles.

This is Oregon... where "420" its as exciting as you are gonna get out of us... so good luck on the "NCAA Hammer" script ..

Now Back to Manti Te'o I predict that Heads will roll at ND. The truth is always somewhere in between... my guess is the girl in Socal has something to do w/ this and Manti did this to cover his sexual orientation...
Old 01-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Hydrocarbon Man

Quote:
Now Back to Manti Te'o I predict that Heads will roll at ND. The truth is always somewhere in between... my guess is the girl in Socal has something to do w/ this and Manti did this to cover his sexual orientation...
I think he's definitely in on it in some fashion.

The local radio guys were changing song lyrics in honor of Manti yesterday. Along the lines of John Lennon's 'Imagine.' Was good stuff.

As far as sexual orientation...I could really care less. But the fact that the stud LB for one of the most storied programs in history is not chasing and catching all the tail he wants for 600 miles around sort of stands out. Chicago would be, should be, paradise.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
No!! What he did was to pull a Nick Saban circa 2004. Except he actually knows what he needs to succeed. He knows that he needs NFL level defense and is gonna steal Kirby Smart from SEC

Chip doesn't give a *****t about QB's "Disposapal QB" and "Next Man Up" is the doctrine he create at Oregon after the loss of Dennis Dixon. That is what he will be running at Eagles.

This is Oregon... where "420" its as exciting as you are gonna get out of us... so good luck on the "NCAA Hammer" script ..

Manti story is proof that truth is stranger than fiction. Or is it imaginary is more real than real life? Is he manipulating, naive, gay, or a liar?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

Old 02-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Quote:

...:
Well.. it wasn't Kirby but he did steal one from Bama.. What did I tellYa??!!

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2013/2/8...delphia-eagles

Its Official: Jeff Stoutland accepts job with Philadelphia Eagles
Old 06-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Brevity= the soul of wit

Quote:
Starting off with a bang.

NCAA hands Ducks 3-year probation
Quote:
The NCAA has been looking into Oregon's recruiting practices since questions arose over a 2010 payment of $25,000 to a recruiting service. The penalties, announced Wednesday:

Public reprimand and censure.
Three years of probation from June 26, 2013 through June 25, 2016.
An 18-month show cause order for the former head coach.
A one-year show-cause order for the former assistant director of operations.
A reduction of initial football scholarships by one from the maximum allowed (25) during the 2012-13 and 2013-14 academic years (imposed by the university).
A reduction of total football scholarships by one from the maximum allowed (85) during the 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 academic years (imposed by the university).
A reduction of official paid football visits to from 56 to 37 for the 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15 academic years.
A reduction of permissible football evaluation days from 42 to 36 in the fall of 2013, 2014 and 2015 and permissible football evaluation days from 168 to 144 in the spring of 2014, 2015 and 2016.
A ban on the subscription to recruiting services during the probation period.
A disassociation of the recruiting service provider. (imposed by the university).
Old 06-26-2013, 01:51 PM

Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHead View Post
Starting off with a bang.

NCAA hands Ducks 3-year probation
My goodness, 3 years probation. How will they ever survive? I bet the fans are devastated. That'll certainly teach'em.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i Driver View Post
My goodness, 3 years probation. How will they ever survive? I bet the fans are devastated. That'll certainly teach'em.
Wow! They got docked for 1 (one) scholarship per year! They really threw the book at them.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:37 PM
Brevity= the soul of wit

Quote:
Wow! They got docked for 1 (one) scholarship per year! They really threw the book at them.
Yeah- they got off easy. But at least the fact remains that Kelly is too dirty for college ball- and too stupid not to get caught. He really never had a choice to go pro. He ran away from his players because he knew he was screwed.

Of course, this same story is played out all over the NCAA. Something has to be done. Either open it up as a semi-pro league or give the million dollar contracts some teeth.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:17 AM
Bo-ma-win!

LOL!! What the hell is wrong you people..

I told ya that there was nothing to see here.. and Here is the bottomline:

1) Using of Willie Lyle type "Street Agent" was not prohibited by NCAA. You SEC guys ought to know... You people wrote the book on that

2) The only reason Willie Lyle was singled out was that he pissed off someone at UT Austin, where he is openly pitching Texas players who otherwise wouldn't have received a scholarship (Read: LaMichael James, Tra Carson, Dontae Williams) in Big 12 to Pac-12 teams. The fact that Old Man Mac Brown is havin ****ty years and Oregon the opposites just infuriates the old man and he made a mountain outta molehill and try to make a example outta Willie Lyles.

3) Oregon, being new at the Street Agent game.. was too "STUPID" to know what the FMV for the service, thus overpaid Willie Lyles.

That fact remains that the Ducks has been transperaent to NCAA investigator, in addiition to hired the most powerful Legal Representation in contesting NCAA pretty much made this token gesture "1 Schoolarship per year for 3 yrs" penalty a "LOCK"

I know ya'll want some USC / Auburn type "DEATH PENALTY" for us , thanks to the media playing up the sensation. but its just not happenning. So best of luck next time..

Bee

Last edited by beewang; 06-27-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:29 AM

Quote:
I know ya'll want some USC / Auburn type "DEATH PENALTY" for us:
USC / Auburn also got a (somewhat harder) slap on the wrist. The only school to ever get the death penalty or anything close to it is SMU. They also pissed off the Lords of Austin by beating them with Texas talent.

By the way, LaMichael James was a TCU commit before Oregon opened their checkbook on signing day and he suddenly changed direction.

Question - If Mack Daddy has another mediocre year with supposedly top talent, is this the year he gets canned? Personally, I hope he stays for another 20 years. UT is paying him Saban money and getting Ron Zook results.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:12 AM
Bo-ma-win!

Ha!!

Hey fill me in on your QB situation... I heard on a few days back a plurb on Casey Pachall is Back!! () I remember that MoFo!! He was good and won me some good money So what is the dealio?? I thought he was smoking pot and he packed his *****t up and left (was he kicked-off) now he is back?? What 's sage on that??

Either way... if he plays.. I'll take TCU + points

cheers!!

beewang
Old 06-27-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
LOL!! What the hell is wrong you people..

I told ya that there was nothing to see here.. and Here is the bottomline:

1) Using of Willie Lyle type "Street Agent" was not prohibited by NCAA. You SEC guys ought to know... You people wrote the book on that

2) The only reason Willie Lyle was singled out was that he pissed off someone at UT Austin, where he is openly pitching Texas players who otherwise wouldn't have received a scholarship (Read: LaMichael James, Tra Carson, Dontae Williams) in Big 12 to Pac-12 teams. The fact that Old Man Mac Brown is havin ****ty years and Oregon the opposites just infuriates the old man and he made a mountain outta molehill and try to make a example outta Willie Lyles.

3) Oregon, being new at the Street Agent game.. was too "STUPID" to know what the FMV for the service, thus overpaid Willie Lyles.

That fact remains that the Ducks has been transperaent to NCAA investigator, in addiition to hired the most powerful Legal Representation in contesting NCAA pretty much made this token gesture "1 Schoolarship per year for 3 yrs" penalty a "LOCK"

I know ya'll want some USC / Auburn type "DEATH PENALTY" for us , thanks to the media playing up the sensation. but its just not happenning. So best of luck next time..

Bee
Equating Will Lyles with a legitimate recruiting service is about the equivalent of Bernie Madoff with legitimate investment company.

You should really try getting some real facts from somewhere other than ducksareawesome.com.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i Driver View Post
Equating Will Lyles with a legitimate recruiting service is about the equivalent of Bernie Madoff with legitimate investment company.

You should really try getting some real facts from somewhere other than ducksareawesome.com.

Haha!! I guess you are pissed that you didn't get your Wish
Old 06-27-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Ha!!

Hey fill me in on your QB situation... I heard on a few days back a plurb on Casey Pachall is Back!! () I remember that MoFo!! He was good and won me some good money So what is the dealio?? I thought he was smoking pot and he packed his *****t up and left (was he kicked-off) now he is back?? What 's sage on that??

Either way... if he plays.. I'll take TCU + points

cheers!!

beewang
Pachall went thru rehab last year and was readmitted to the university. He was always a wild one, but we are all hoping he has learned his lesson and will not screw up. He is a tremendous talent and I have heard he is really back. Patterson has accepted him back on the team but has stopped short naming him as the starter. He is light years better than Boykin, who did an amazing job filling in on short notice last year. Going into last year, we all thought Casey was going to be better than Andy Dalton in his junior and senior years.

David Ubben of ESPN thinks he's the best QB in the Big 12. Several teams lost seniors last year and the conference is up for grabs.

We are going to be in for a huge test right away, opening the season against LSU in Jerryworld. Without Pachall our offense would be in serious trouble against the Tigers. Unfortunately our star DE DeVonte Fields is suspended for that game. Take the Frogs and the points.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Haha!! I guess you are pissed that you didn't get your Wish
I'm not pissed about anything, doesn't affect me, just pointing out facts. Used to live 1/4 mile from Will Lyles.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:08 PM

Johnny Footbal gets suspended for only one half against Rice? Way to throw the book at him, NCAA. That slap on the wrist will deter others from the same sort of profiteering!

The NCAA has got to be the most inconsistent sports institution ever. I can't wait for the 5 major conferences to break away from that group of clowns.

In light of this, I wonder what Gary Patterson and Les Miles will do with their 2 star players that have longer self imposed suspensions? Hill (LSU) actually broke a law and should rightly be in jail. Fields (TCU) just broke team rules.

Last edited by Z4luvr; 08-28-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Hydrocarbon Man

Quote:
Johnny Footbal gets suspended for only one half against Rice? Way to throw the book at him, NCAA. That slap on the wrist will deter others from the same sort of profiteering!

The NCAA has got to be the most inconsistent sports institution ever. I can't wait for the 5 major conferences to break away from that group of clowns.

In light of this, I wonder what Gary Patterson and Les Miles will do with their 2 star players that have longer self imposed suspensions? Hill (LSU) actually broke a law and should rightly be in jail. Fields (TCU) just broke team rules.
Nothing to see here