Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E23 / E32 (1977 - 1994)

7 Series - E23 / E32 (1977 - 1994)

Old 11-19-2012, 06:40 PM

Mein Auto: 7 Series
BMW 750il 1991 V12

What's up guys, I have the opportunity to buy a BMW 750il and I was wondering what kind of things should I watch out for, is it a good investment, and would you recommend to purchase this car. The body is in great shape, the interior is in great shape and it is in working order except some few wear and tear from over the years. The car has 100,000 miles, and the car comes with history reports of the previous owners maintenance history and the purchase at a certified BMW dealership since he has owned the car 20 years. The carfax shows no accidents and everything seems to be intact. Is it a good investment?
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2012, 06:51 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: rescued bmw's
great cars, but there's not much e32 content on this forum.

i had a 1989 and loved it. unfortunately i would have cost more than what it was worth to keep on the road in just parts. i am able to do most of the repairs myself, as i was in the automotive repair fields for many years.

i suggest e32.org, llink here: http://www.e38.org/e32/

there's much much more e32 specific content there.

df
Old 11-19-2012, 06:56 PM

Mein Auto: 7 Series
Thanks man!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:04 PM

Mein Auto: 92 850i 92 525i 88 325IX
They are great cars to drive, and are fun on the highways.

as an investment? definitely not. They are a mass production 20+ year old V12 powered electronic nightmare to most people. Very few cars could i recommend as an investment...

one thing that comes to mind is many of these cars had electronic/hydraulic suspension system. (EDC/SLS) these system even when maintained fail due to age and seals going bad. They are EXTREMELY expensive to replace, and many people ditch the systems for regular shocks. which still are not cheap.

If you love driving and want a super smooth highway machine then go for it! If you want a car to flip in a couple years and make any money then forget it.

Last edited by legoman67; 01-18-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:27 PM

Mein Auto: Still searching for the 1
@alexvaldelamar - What did you decide to do? I have a similar "opportunity" ... '91 750iL for sale. Looks good, 120K miles on it. But, I'm just not sure I'm ready to pull the trigger.

What has your experience been like? Did you find any additional info out on the web?