Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: range rover
That makes sense, I put everything back to default, but will try again when I get back in town next week.

Has anyone tried to code the bmw assist premium features without having to pay for them.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
That makes sense, I put everything back to default, but will try again when I get back in town next week.

Has anyone tried to code the bmw assist premium features without having to pay for them.
Aren't the "premium features" human based (concierge)?

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 01-05-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
The catalog is a little confusing, there is a news, stocks, weather, and google search option. But it refers to it as two different things. Assist convenience plan and BMW online.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to DTee
Mein Auto: F10 520i
Quote:
No, they do different things, so if all 3 are not set, maybe you get partial functionality. It's not all or none.

Speed is no issue. I used BMW Live with a tethered Verizon 3G Blackberry.
Hi Shawn,

Tested but it still doesn't show. By the way my unit is NBT & not CIC. Is there great difference?

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTee View Post
Hi Shawn,

Tested but it still doesn't show. By the way my unit is NBT & not CIC. Is there great difference?

Thanks.
Well, with NBT the Combox is built into HU_NBT, so you have no dedicated CMB_MEDIA module, and the HU_NBT has no equivalent TELEMATIK_VIN coding, so I have no idea how to make this work with HU_NBT and magic VIN.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 01-06-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Well, with NBT the Combox is built into HU_NBT, so you have no dedicated CMB_MEDIA module, and the HU_NBT has no equivalent TELEMATIK_VIN coding, so I have no idea how to make this work with HU_NBT and magic VIN.
Noted Shawn, may the force be with me then. Shall try alternatives then but please feel free to share your thoughts if anything comes to your mind on this issue.

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Noted Shawn, may the force be with me then. Shall try alternatives then but please feel free to share your thoughts if anything comes to your mind on this issue.

Thanks.
Will do. I have searched NBT CAFD, CAFD_00000DED_001_019_009, and I have found nowhere to alter the Head Unit VIN.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Will do. I have searched NBT CAFD, CAFD_00000DED_001_019_009, and I have found nowhere to alter the Head Unit VIN.
Maybe because NBT module is too new but i believed with enough trial and error, it could be done. Will work on it on my side as well. Once there are any results, I will post it to keep everybody informed.

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:49 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Maybe because NBT module is too new but i believed with enough trial and error, it could be done. Will work on it on my side as well. Once there are any results, I will post it to keep everybody informed.

Thanks.
DTEE, for Singapore car, try enabling BMW Online instead of BMW Live. For BMW Online, the features enabled depends on the region/country you select, i.e. if you select Asia, you will only get news & weather.

Alternatively, use VO code 6AL, instead of updating the FDL.

For F30, non-NBT, this is how we've been activating.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
DTEE, for Singapore car, try enabling BMW Online instead of BMW Live. For BMW Online, the features enabled depends on the region/country you select, i.e. if you select Asia, you will only get news & weather.

But if you use 6AL, that is BMW Live, not BMW Online.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:12 AM

Found a Expanded BMW Online Information specs within the car with the following code.

S615A *ERWEITERTE BMW ONLINE INFORMATION *Expanded BMW Online Information

Wonder if we change this VO and whether will it help?
Old 01-06-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post

Tried selecting all other countries other than Singapore but it just doesn't show anything. Went to Germany, UK, Denmark, Australia, etc and back. Quite perplexed.

Great to know a fellow Singaporean within the forum and engaging in this issue.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Off the VIN Plate of a Malaysian F10.

I have PM'd one to you.
Shawn,

Do you think that NBT HU could be tricked into accepting a fake VIN in order to code the 6AL which is working for BNW Live?

Or create a new VO for S615A might do the trick?

Can you PM me the VIN plate to try?

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Shawn,

Do you think that NBT HU could be tricked into accepting a fake VIN in order to code the 6AL which is working for BNW Live?

Or create a new VO for S615A might do the trick?

Can you PM me the VIN plate to try?

Thanks.
Well, as I wrote above, I can not find TELEMATIK_VIN in HU_NBT. Without this, you have no way to change Combox VIN as you can with older CMB_MEDIA / HU_CIC combination.

Where will you use this magic VIN?

Certainly not in your actual VO or you could have huge problems. If you change HU_NBT VIN, none of your FSC Codes for Navigation, Voice Recognition, BMW Apps, Sat Radio, Speed Limit Info, etc. will work.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
But if you use 6AL, that is BMW Live, not BMW Online.
account was locked, so couldn't reply

before we VO code 6AL to our car, we got BMW Online working fine by coding FDL directly. While using BMW Online, we noticed the menu items is dependent upon which country we set BMW Online with, UK seems to give us the most function.

After learning VO coding from you (on F30), I remove the FDL code, and add in 6AL, it also works with the exception that the idrive menu show BMW Live instead of BMW Online (but whichever it is, once we're in, the top left menu always show BMW Live)... hence my earlier question (on F30) what's the diff between BMW ONline & LIve. But either way, it works - with all the bell & whistle BMW Live is marketed for.

With the exception his is HU-NBT, I thought he could try both ways of getting BMW Online or Live like i've did in the past, hopefully one of them would work.

Both of our cars is from Singapore, so data via bluetooth is already enabled by default, and we don't have BMW Assist meddling in our system.

Last edited by kon; 01-07-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 AM

Mein Auto: F07
kon, is it possible to change the country already binded to BMW Live.
In Poland BMW Service binded it to PL but there are limited number of functions compared to my friends with "A" plates...
Old 01-08-2013, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad2k View Post
kon, is it possible to change the country already binded to BMW Live.
In Poland BMW Service binded it to PL but there are limited number of functions compared to my friends with "A" plates...
I notice with BMW Online I could change region/country, but with BMW Live I can't... so might worth a shot to activate BMW Online, change the country, so the car "remembers" it (like for my case), then deactivate it and leave BMW Live behind while sticking to the country that we change with BMW Online
Old 01-10-2013, 11:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW F10 528i M Sport
POI Google Search

I have successfully coded and enabled BMW Live (2011 BMW F10 with 614 & 615), I then setup the country to UK and I get all the functions as per image 1 including Google Search. However, I cannot access 'Google Search' from the Nav POI screen as per Image 2, it is grayed out. Is there away to enable this option through coding? Thanks in advance...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1-BMWLive.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	357069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2-POI.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	357070  
Old 01-10-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosg View Post
I have successfully coded and enabled BMW Live (2011 BMW F10 with 614 & 615), I then setup the country to UK and I get all the functions as per image 1 including Google Search. However, I cannot access 'Google Search' from the Nav POI screen as per Image 2, it is grayed out. Is there away to enable this option through coding? Thanks in advance...
Seems that your system is HU CIC while mine is on HU NBT therefore no luck yet.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I just looked it up and the premium features a search and weather. http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...n.aspx?panel=1

Do you believe that would just mean they activate bmw live for you once you pay? Or do you think bmw assist convenience is different than live?

I haven't used either one so I have no clue. I am just wondering if its worth looking for a code to activate bmw assist convenience or if that is the same thing as coding live.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
I just looked it up and the premium features a search and weather. http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...n.aspx?panel=1

Do you believe that would just mean they activate bmw live for you once you pay? Or do you think bmw assist convenience is different than live?

I haven't used either one so I have no clue. I am just wondering if its worth looking for a code to activate bmw assist convenience or if that is the same thing as coding live.
The paid BMW assist has only the Weather, News, and Applications. BMW Live via Internet adds the Google stuff (Panoramio, Local Search, and Street View).

Old 01-18-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
The paid BMW assist has only the Weather, News, and Applications. BMW Live via Internet adds the Google stuff (Panoramio, Local Search, and Street View).
Unless BMW have decided not to work with Googke in their new system just like iOS? Wonder if any folks with NBT has Google Search features within BMW Live then we could reference their code.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Unless BMW have decided not to work with Googke in their new system just like iOS? Wonder if any folks with NBT has Google Search features within BMW Live then we could reference their code.
What is the country setting in your BMW Live?
Old 01-18-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosg View Post
What is the country setting in your BMW Live?
Tried UK and Germany as well but after selection, it will come back to Singapore for weather selection as default. Seems that is auto selection for NBT which be intelligent but too smart to my usage.

Are you using NBT as well?

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:32 AM

No, my car is 2011 so I am using HU CIC. The weather app will always pickup the current GPS location irrespective of the country setting.