Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-19-2013, 08:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 328i
Cool Anyone know where to get the compleat 2010 328i computer programming info including

Hi my pepes! I need a list or diagram of the on board computer programming instructions for my 2010 328i.
I noticed that when I took the car to have the comfort access programed that they program the car to the remote, not the remote to the car! I realized that all the programs are actually in the car already,including the comfort access programs,so all I need is to find a chart or diagram that give the instructions....but...I have a feeling this might be harder to find than I might think,so here I am at the bimmerfest forum and if YOU GUYS/GIRLS don't know where to find it ,NOBODY probably does...haha. Thanx,Alan ***128520;
Ads by Google
Old 01-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybimmer10 View Post
Hi my pepes! I need a list or diagram of the on board computer programming instructions for my 2010 328i.
I noticed that when I took the car to have the comfort access programed that they program the car to the remote, not the remote to the car! I realized that all the programs are actually in the car already,including the comfort access programs,so all I need is to find a chart or diagram that give the instructions....but...I have a feeling this might be harder to find than I might think,so here I am at the bimmerfest forum and if YOU GUYS/GIRLS don't know where to find it ,NOBODY probably does...haha. Thanx,Alan ***128520;

Yes. A programming forum, which this is not.

Search for: BMW CODING

Has been extensively explored and documented.

Of course, if inquiring about using the driver interface, you'll find the manual useful.

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 01-19-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:10 AM

Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
Fyi

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=368

http://bmwcoders.com/forum/

Coding is distributed across up to 10 modules or more.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:12 PM

Sorry as I'm new to this forum

I got a couple of responses to my question but had trouble understanding how to get to the info I think they sent. I just started getting really involved with Internet forums after getting diagnosed with prostate cancer at the age of 48. I've been told by one person here that this is NOT A CODING forum but didn't realize that at the time I asked my question & didn't understand how to get the answers from the links that were provided to me. At the risk of sounding like a bonehead ill ask again & see if someone will take the time to show me the way to the info..so here it goes.
When I took my new BMW to have the comfort access programed, I noticed that the car is programed to the remote,not the remote to the car & that's when I realized that the car has all the programs I need already in it. So, can someone tell me where I can find a programming chart or diagram that includes the comfort access settings as well?
Thanx,alan
Old 01-20-2013, 04:41 PM

You will have a hard time finding this info

It proprietary they don't leak it out .(programming some of the engine tuners
know a lot about that portion but I doubt the anybody else has reverse engineered
the entire operating system for the car and all the sub variants of it as there aren't
that many people that would be interested.)
The two boards I mentioned are the most information and DIY
oriented boards I have found .
For comfort access there is actual hardware installed in the car so you might look
at some DIY's on retrofitting it, if you can find them.
If you are interested in changing things that exist in the software that can be turned on and
off go to the coding board they have a master list of what can be changed and what can't
and tell you how to enable those features if possible.
It requires some due diligence and studying.

Last edited by ctuna; 01-20-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:16 PM

Thanx for your time

I appreciate your response & also telling me where to find the info...will do. I did get some responses but am new to forums & couldn't figure out how to access the info provided. On the day before thanksgiving of last year,I was,at 48, diagnosed with prostate cancer & that's when I got involved with forums as I wanted to help other newly diagnosed patients. I feel like I just got the BEST CANCER CONSULATION PRIZE EVER with my new 328i convertible...I've put 1.500 miles on it in just over two weeks & am frigging LOVING IT....it IS THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!
By the way...what do you think of the extended warranty offered by BMW? Is it worth getting? I've never gotten one before but this is NOT A HONDA OR TOYOTA we are talking about here & I'm not rich! So I'd be interested in what you think about the 4yr/100,000 mile warranty they offer as I'm two thousand miles away from factory warranty running out.
Thanx,alan
Old 01-20-2013, 05:18 PM

FYI whats possible.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.cGE&cad=rja

I don't believe in extended warranty's although I did have one on a Honda Prelude that
had a timing belt break that paid for part of the valve job.
I try to buy a car that doesn't have a list of known problems.

Last edited by ctuna; 01-20-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybimmer10 View Post
I appreciate your response & also telling me where to find the info...will do. I did get some responses but am new to forums & couldn't figure out how to access the info provided. On the day before thanksgiving of last year,I was,at 48, diagnosed with prostate cancer & that's when I got involved with forums as I wanted to help other newly diagnosed patients. I feel like I just got the BEST CANCER CONSULATION PRIZE EVER with my new 328i convertible...I've put 1.500 miles on it in just over two weeks & am frigging LOVING IT....it IS THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!
By the way...what do you think of the extended warranty offered by BMW? Is it worth getting? I've never gotten one before but this is NOT A HONDA OR TOYOTA we are talking about here & I'm not rich! So I'd be interested in what you think about the 4yr/100,000 mile warranty they offer as I'm two thousand miles away from factory warranty running out.
Thanx,alan

Do you have iDrive?
Old 01-21-2013, 06:36 AM

No,it doesn't have I drive

No, it doesn't have Idrive.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:38 AM

THANX CTUNA! Much appreciation!