Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:33 AM

Mein Auto: Everything
Visiting Service - few questions

When I picked up my car after Euro Delivery, the nav didn't work. After a couple of days of back and forth with the dealer and entering activation codes to no avail, I'm taking it to the Service Department. So before I go, I have a few questions.

1. iPod won't work. I have Nav, BMW assist, enhanced BT so, I thought the white Apple cable would work. When I connect, the iPod shows "Accessory Connected". When I select CD/Multimedia with the iDrive everything is ghosted out. Could it be related to my Nav not working, yet?
I have:
BMW software version Multimedia: MX-003.004.031
iPod version 4.3.5 (8L1)
When I connect, iPod shows BMW ComBox firmware 9.80.0

2. Last settings remembered. Lots of discussion on the forum about re-programming the computer to remember the last setting (ASS off). No one from BMW seems to know about it (Dealer CA, Munich factory tour guide, BMW North America customer assistance). I get the feeling the Service guy won't know about it either. Is there any Service bulletin or something that will enlighten them?

3. Oil change. Reading about the Condition Based Service (CBS) concept, I can see why you get free maintenance for 40,000 miles. The first suggested service on my car is now showing 14,000 miles (my car has 1,100 miles). At that rate, you'll get two oil changes and some filters in the first 40,000 miles. Typically on a new car, I change oil after the first 1,500 miles (extra wear on first break-in) then, I extend to every 4,000 miles thereafter. What's the consensus on this topic? Should I have the dealer change oil early and just pay myself?

TIA
Ads by Google
Old 01-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ~
2) MSA Automatic Start/Stop function reprogrammed to last user mode. See, SIB 12 15 12

3) No consensus will ever be reached regarding oil and anyone providing an opinion will, yet again, open a can of worms. Do what you feel is appropriate. The search function works if you want to read the plethora of opinions on the topic.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:22 PM
just copacetic!!!

Mein Auto: 2013 328i, 2003 325i
Got a text from a friend that is a master mechanic at the local BMW dealership saying that BMWNA is now ok'ing the MSA (aka ASS) re-program under warranty (I assume without having to jump through a bunch of hoops). Prior to this, I was being given the run around by the SA, even after telling them that there are dealers doing the re-program. Have an appt. tomorrow to do the re-program and to also look at a whistling sound around the passenger A pillar area.
'89 325i Bronz, AT(retired)
'02 325i StlGrey, AT, PP, SP
'13 328i AlpWhite, AT8, Xenon, HK
Old 01-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ~
Excellent.

Some report a whistling sound coming from the side mirror covers, which can be determined by putting your hand between the mirrors and the body while driving and learning whether the whistling stops.