Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 128i Coupe 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc View Post
In the USA (which is the most all-season tyre orientated market that BMW sells in), the X5M and X6M only come with summer performance tyres. Another example of factory fit summer tyres are with the 335i xDrive Coupe if you select 18" wheels with the ///M Sport package (instead of all-seasons with the 17" wheels).
Ah, good to know. I checked several xDrive options and all the ones I checked were all seasons vs. summer tires on the non-xDrive equivalent.

Hopefully they are trained to tell you about the tires when you buy, it would be a rude surprise to find out after it snows. No amount of AWD is going to save you from that.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:01 PM
BMW CCA Member

Mein Auto: 10' 328i Cp;12' X5 35d
I find the snowflake indicator very helpful. As I live in Atlanta, and driver's here do not keep winter tires in stock. And when the roads are icy, I stay home and not commute to work.

2010 328i M Sport Package, BMW Performance Exhaust & Short Shift Kit.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 5
Next person that asks gets this:

Old 01-21-2013, 08:46 AM
nothing today

Mein Auto: 08 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD1 View Post
I haven't done it yet but there is a coding change that will turn off the gong for the snowflake. I should probably make the change. I think the visual clue is enough.

Jim
I have a different car but I couldn't disable the gong for the snowflake. I have had my car coded 'professionally' and have now started doing the coding myself. We both know what to change in the coding but it had no effect on the gong.
Maybe BMW does not allow one to stop the snowflake gong (even though there appears to be a simple code change to do this).
I want it off as I don't need it. I have winter tires on my X5.