BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

I got rear ended today.

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Nlkuysdf 
#1 ·
I just bought my car and I got rear ended today. It's a 2007 335i coupe automatic tiptronic. I'm thinking of using the money to convert the body, exhaust and interior to an m3. Does anybody have any good ideas or suggestions on where to buy or maybe where I should start. I would appreciate any info.

Thanks

#3 ·
I just bought my car and I got rear ended today. It's a 2007 335i coupe automatic tiptronic. I'm thinking of using the money to convert the body, exhaust and interior to an m3. Does anybody have any good ideas or suggestions on where to buy or maybe where I should start. I would appreciate any info.
An excellent endeavor, easily accomplished with a 4 pipe rear exhaust and M badging, readily available. Plus! The side M ports can be done!!!!

Then, sure, you can dust stock M3's with chip + meth, but whattya do when a curve comes along? Compared to M3, 335i is like a hapless sky diver frantically flapping his arms attempting to fly - M3 laughs at your pathetic attempt to corner.

You must modify your suspension. LSD, M parts, coilovers. Like cream, you rise to the top. Keep us posted!

#7 · (Edited)
Front bumper: $800
Rear bumper: $800
Front fenders: $450
Rear fenders: $1500, depending on which way you choose to widen it up
Skirts: $800
Hood: $1200
Paint: $3000+
Exhaust: $2500
Interior: $2000+ depending on which parts you choose to leave out.

If you've got a sedan, you'll also need new headlights and modules. So that's an extra $2000.
There's also labour to account for, so tack on an extra 20% or so as a conservative estimate on any given part.

If you do all that body work you're also going to have to invest in new wheels/tires and spacers so that your wheels aren't two inches inboard of the fenders (literally two inches - the M is wider).
Suspension: $2500
Spacers: $200
Wheels: $1600
Tires: $1000

And that's if you don't buy eBay-equivalents.

#12 ·
Dont forget about the wider rear tires as well.......
If you want your car to look like an M, why didnt you just buy one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.